Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Adrian Wilson in, Trent Baalke out as Jaguars G.M.

(01-27-2022, 12:58 PM)Upper Wrote: In regards to the 99.9%...somewhere Baalke is slithering into a crevice in his office and telling himself so you're saying there's a chance.

That's funny.  I laughed at that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Saints need to stay away from our coach!

(01-27-2022, 01:40 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Saints need to stay away from our coach!

I'm really hoping this is Byron's camp pushing the Khan to make up his mind.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

It's not official until it's official I guess... Strange that you have a report about NO putting in the request, and another one saying we interviewed Fangio.

With that said, assuming this comes together, it's great that the HC and GM are on the same page here. Individually now, Wilson's gone from a distinguished playing career, known for being smart and a leader, to working his way up in Arz and doing good things there. Leftwich has been a leader of men going back to his college days. I see no knocks on him there. How he assembles his coaching staff will be the big question.

Shad probably promotes Baalke to create room for Wilson. It would be the Shad thing to do.

(01-27-2022, 01:41 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 01:40 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Saints need to stay away from our coach!

I'm really hoping this is Byron's camp pushing the Khan to make up his mind.

How so?  The Saints requested an interview.  It doesn't necessarily mean one way or the other whether Leftwich has interest.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-27-2022, 01:46 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Shad probably promotes Baalke to create room for Wilson. It would be the Shad thing to do.

Don't speak it into existence. My apathy is in jeopardy.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-27-2022, 01:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 01:41 PM)Protozoa Wrote: I'm really hoping this is Byron's camp pushing the Khan to make up his mind.

How so?  The Saints requested an interview.  It doesn't necessarily mean one way or the other whether Leftwich has interest.
It's the same tactic that Hackett used to push Denver to sign him.

(01-27-2022, 01:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 01:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote: How so?  The Saints requested an interview.  It doesn't necessarily mean one way or the other whether Leftwich has interest.

Cleatwood over here beating me to my replies on both posts.

(01-27-2022, 01:50 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 01:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It's the same tactic that Hackett used to push Denver to sign him.

Cleatwood over here beating me to my replies on both posts.
Lol

On my lunch break so I got some free time over here.

(01-27-2022, 01:54 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 01:50 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Cleatwood over here beating me to my replies on both posts.
Lol

On my lunch break so I got some free time over here.

All good, saved me some time lol.

(01-27-2022, 01:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 01:46 PM)RicoTx Wrote: How so?  The Saints requested an interview.  It doesn't necessarily mean one way or the other whether Leftwich has interest.

So I'm not following how the Saints requesting an interview is something that Leftwich is responsible for.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-27-2022, 02:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 01:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: It's the same tactic that Hackett used to push Denver to sign him.

So I'm not following how the Saints requesting an interview is something that Leftwich is responsible for.

Leftwich's team probably leaked it. And does it say when they made this request? Was it like 2 days ago? Or 20 minutes ago?

I like the Leftwich hire, but if we went a different direction I won’t be heartbroken.

I REALLY like the idea of Baalke getting the [BLEEP] out of here. That is the bigger news for me. I haven’t looked closely at Wilson, but I am a fan of some of the acquisitions AZ has made under him.

Any timeline with Adrian Wilson being named a GM here would need to include Khan meeting with him in person. Khan is not going to give into Byron's reported demand to install Wilson as GM without speaking directly with Wilson face-to-face. I even think Byron would understand and agree with that....

If Adrian Wilson does indeed become Jaguars GM and Byron Leftwich doesn't become Jags HC soon after, my guess is he's going to request an interview with Cardinals DC Vance Joseph for the Jags HC opening.

(01-27-2022, 02:15 PM)D6 Wrote: If Adrian Wilson does indeed become Jaguars GM and Byron Leftwich doesn't become Jags HC soon after,  my guess is he's going to request an interview with Cardinals DC Vance Joseph for the Jags HC opening.

Oof.

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2022, 02:31 PM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-27-2022, 02:17 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 02:15 PM)D6 Wrote: If Adrian Wilson does indeed become Jaguars GM and Byron Leftwich doesn't become Jags HC soon after,  my guess is he's going to request an interview with Cardinals DC Vance Joseph for the Jags HC opening.

Oof.

If Vance Joseph does get the interview opportunity, three of the questions I believe Adrian Wilson would ask him are:

1.  What do you believe were the key factors in why the Broncos didn't have more success when you were the HC?

2. What would you do differently a HC in Jacksonville, compared to Denver?.

3. What is your plan to help develop Trevor Lawrence?

Wouldn't that be a twist if we fire baalke, hire wilson, but don't land Leftwich. For as crazy as this whole thing has seemed, that is a scenario too far haha

(01-27-2022, 02:32 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Wouldn't that be a twist if we fire baalke, hire wilson, but don't land Leftwich. For as crazy as this whole thing has seemed, that is a scenario too far haha
Lol,  that would be something. I'm really high on what Wilson does in FA but I'm not so sure about his drafting