Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

(01-29-2022, 03:55 PM)Pick 6 Wrote: Unfortunately, if Baalke is retained, that is the final straw. I will be walking away. I am not from Jacksonville, so I was more invested in the team than the city, but I feel bad for everyone from Jacksonville to have to put up with this guy even though the city gives him anything he wants. It will also be unfortunate that my only home game as a fan was a blowout loss to the Niners, but I did get to watch them whoop the Giants in Metlife. Also, Myles Jack wasn't down, so I wish we got to celebrate a championship before bozo the clown ran this team into the ground. Sadly, they will waste Lawerence's career; maybe he can fake a back injury like Ramsey.

Honestly, I was happy when Khan bought the team because his story was inspiring. A self-made billionaire who came to America with nothing. But the events of the past year and the last two weeks suggest that it was a stroke of luck, and he fell [BLEEP] backwards into his fortune.

I give props to anyone that can hang on if Baalke is retained, but after 25 plus years as a fan, enough is enough for me. I will not cheer on stupidity. If news drops that Baalke is retained, moderators can pause my account or suspend it. I will cheer on the refs and gladly save 3 hours of watching this miserable team every Sunday until Baalke and/or Shad are gone because there is no way a new owner could be as stupid as Shad.

Apologies for the rant.

So... you've been a Jaguar Fan for 25 years BUT you're still on the Practice Squad.

Bye Felicia...No pun intended.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-29-2022, 02:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:11 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: well the way your running your mouth you act like you know him so well and his intentions... or the fact you really have no clue how to run an NFL team or let alone a business.... but you're talking like you know exactly what to do.... so have you met him personally? No...have you bought or run an NFL team...no...so get over yourself... btw nobody is forcing you to root for this team... go to the games or buy merchandise.... I'm not saying he is or isn't making good decisions... but I'm not  running my mouth as if I know everything or can do it better... that's you

*You're. Guess you're one of those uneducated Peckerwood's based on how you start sentences off in lowercase format and don't know the difference between your and you're. So, there's that. 

Sounds like you're equally invested (probably not financially, based on your typing skills you're probably barely hanging by on the lower end of the middle class), except, you're on the wrong side of the argument here. 

I mean, if you're content with accepting below mediocre products. Have at it. 

For the record though. You wouldn't have the [BLEEP] stones to run your mouth to me in person, Peckerwood. 

[Image: IU8.gif]

lmao.... YOU'RE resorting to grammar corrections because you know I'm right.... Or you're just a douche nozzle... I'm going to go with both.... Wrong and a douche nozzle

(01-29-2022, 12:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Would like to see a run at McDaniels since he's now interviewing even though someone said he's been choosy and probably told Shad he wasn't interested.  Make him interested then.  Or make Payton interested.  Outside of that I think Byron is the best candidate in the pool.  I feel like anyone else and we'll probably be doing this again next year, maybe two.

What a great idea clowning the owner in the final weeks of the season turned out to be.  You guys were really something.  Get louder, it seems to be working.

They should have kept the clown stuff going because Khan looks like an even bigger clown right now than he did a month ago. Which I thought couldn't be done, but he's certainly doing it.

(01-29-2022, 05:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 05:37 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ron-glenn/
They requested 2 days ago but nothing since then. No date or anything.

I dunno, feels like Shad's playing chicken. Hope we don't blow it, assuming Leftwich is really their pick. Also seeing that the Brady announcement might have been premature. I dunno what that's about.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022, 06:10 PM by SamusAranX.)

Jimmy smith tweeted “staying in Tampa” apparently in ref: to Leftwich.

https://twitter.com/JimmySmithJags/statu...B6hOg&s=19

My source thinks if this is true we are going with Bevell

(01-29-2022, 05:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 12:33 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Would like to see a run at McDaniels since he's now interviewing even though someone said he's been choosy and probably told Shad he wasn't interested.  Make him interested then.  Or make Payton interested.  Outside of that I think Byron is the best candidate in the pool.  I feel like anyone else and we'll probably be doing this again next year, maybe two.

What a great idea clowning the owner in the final weeks of the season turned out to be.  You guys were really something.  Get louder, it seems to be working.

They should have kept the clown stuff going because Khan looks like an even bigger clown right now than he did a month ago. Which I thought couldn't be done, but he's certainly doing it.

I'm just not buying this.  If he loses out on Leftwich or any other quality candidate...sure.  There has been zero movement or rumors reported whatsoever in the last couple of days.  We don't know what is going on behind the scenes.  I don't get the angst.  It's not like they've already signed some idiot and there are plenty of good candidates available.  Hell, the Texans are considering signing Josh McCown.  He's only coached at the high school level...for his kids.  I can't imagine the consternation if he even interviewed here.

I'll hold off on being pissed until something actually happens.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022, 06:16 PM by JaggedSioux. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-29-2022, 06:09 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Jimmy smith tweeted “staying in Tampa” apparently in ref: to Leftwich.

Maybe Jimmy met a lady and he booked his room at the Hilton for one more night?

(01-29-2022, 06:13 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:  But I like the way you are thinking.

(01-29-2022, 06:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 05:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote: They should have kept the clown stuff going because Khan looks like an even bigger clown right now than he did a month ago. Which I thought couldn't be done, but he's certainly doing it.

I'm just not buying this.  If he loses out on Leftwich or any other quality candidate...sure.  There has been zero movement or rumors reported whatsoever in the last couple of days.  We don't know what is going on behind the scenes.  I don't get the angst.  It's not like they've already signed some idiot and there are plenty of good candidates available.  Hell, the Texans are considering signing Josh McCown.  He's only coached at the high school level...for his kids.  I can't imagine the consternation if he even interviewed here.

I'll hold off on being pissed until something actually happens.

The fact that Baalke is STILL in the building and Khan is letting him (of all people) hold this Franchise hostage is proof enough. 

This coaching search should have always been about getting the best candidate for Trevor and this team. Instead the coaching search is all about who will, or who won't work with Trent [BLEEP] Baalke.

It's pathetic and a complete joke.

(01-29-2022, 06:09 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Jimmy smith tweeted “staying in Tampa” apparently in ref: to Leftwich.

I mean if it’s not Byron, it’ll be Bevell because there is no one left who wants to work with Baalke. 

Not sure Jimmy has any extra insight here so hopefully it’s still Byron.

(01-29-2022, 06:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I mean if it’s not Byron, it’ll be Bevell because there is no one left who wants to work with Baalke. 

That is my hope too. But it’s legit the slightest thing closest to a peep I have heard

Baalke must be the greatest snake oil salesman in the world.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-29-2022, 05:56 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 02:18 PM)Caldrac Wrote: *You're. Guess you're one of those uneducated Peckerwood's based on how you start sentences off in lowercase format and don't know the difference between your and you're. So, there's that. 

Sounds like you're equally invested (probably not financially, based on your typing skills you're probably barely hanging by on the lower end of the middle class), except, you're on the wrong side of the argument here. 

I mean, if you're content with accepting below mediocre products. Have at it. 

For the record though. You wouldn't have the [BLEEP] stones to run your mouth to me in person, Peckerwood. 

[Image: IU8.gif]

lmao.... YOU'RE resorting to grammar corrections because you know I'm right.... Or you're just a douche nozzle... I'm going to go with both.... Wrong and a douche nozzle
Whatever you say, Sweetheart.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

WHAT DOES BAALKE HAVE ON THE KHANS?!

Ffs

(01-29-2022, 06:20 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 06:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I mean if it’s not Byron, it’ll be Bevell because there is no one left who wants to work with Baalke. 

That is my hope too. But it’s legit the slightest thing closest to a peep I have heard
I’ve said it a few times but I legit think Shad is mad it got leaked. Letting it cool down a little bit and then he announces on his terms.

It’s a rough week for NFL insiders. Rap and Schefter just got it 10x worse with the Brady news.

(01-29-2022, 05:55 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 03:55 PM)Pick 6 Wrote: Unfortunately, if Baalke is retained, that is the final straw. I will be walking away. I am not from Jacksonville, so I was more invested in the team than the city, but I feel bad for everyone from Jacksonville to have to put up with this guy even though the city gives him anything he wants. It will also be unfortunate that my only home game as a fan was a blowout loss to the Niners, but I did get to watch them whoop the Giants in Metlife. Also, Myles Jack wasn't down, so I wish we got to celebrate a championship before bozo the clown ran this team into the ground. Sadly, they will waste Lawerence's career; maybe he can fake a back injury like Ramsey.

Honestly, I was happy when Khan bought the team because his story was inspiring. A self-made billionaire who came to America with nothing. But the events of the past year and the last two weeks suggest that it was a stroke of luck, and he fell [BLEEP] backwards into his fortune.

I give props to anyone that can hang on if Baalke is retained, but after 25 plus years as a fan, enough is enough for me. I will not cheer on stupidity. If news drops that Baalke is retained, moderators can pause my account or suspend it. I will cheer on the refs and gladly save 3 hours of watching this miserable team every Sunday until Baalke and/or Shad are gone because there is no way a new owner could be as stupid as Shad.

Apologies for the rant.

So... you've been a Jaguar Fan for 25 years BUT you're still on the Practice Squad.

Bye Felicia...No pun intended.

NH3...

So your definition of a fan is someone who continuously posts on this forum? Either that or life must be lonely and pathetic for you.
"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." - Ari Gold

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022, 07:00 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

It's not bevel. It sucks, but I'm afraid its fangio. Please dont. Oh well. We will find out soon enough. I hope it's someone most fans will get excited about and want to buy tickets for. That's actually important. Also, I can see why the owner doesnt want to get rid of balkie. He probably doesnt want to change gms this often.

The tweet asked Jimmy what he really thought was going to happen, and he replied “staying in Tampa”.  So I wouldn’t give up hope just yet.

I guess what I keep coming back to is that if Byron’s not the guy, what’s up with all of this Secret Squirrel bull-malarkey?  Why wouldn’t Bryon’s camp release a statement to that effect?  If he’s no longer in the running, what’s the point of keeping it close to the vest?  There’s still five other HC openings out there.

(01-29-2022, 06:13 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:

Maybe Jimmy met a lady and he booked his room at the Hilton for one more night?

We do have some nice ladies here.

Report: Jaguars aren’t close to a deal with any head coach

The Jaguars are trying to hire Buccaneers offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich. Unless they aren’t.

“In response to a report from Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times that the Jags are attempting to finalize a contract with Leftwich, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the team continues to talk to Leftwich and Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus, and that the Jaguars “are not close to a deal with anyone at this time.””

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ead-coach/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

I am compelled to quote the great Al Bundy:  "Am I the only one that tastes the bile?!?"

If Bevell winds up the coach, it would be the embodiment of criminal negligence, if there were ever such a thing in a football context.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!