Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Report: Adrian Wilson in, Trent Baalke out as Jaguars G.M.

(01-29-2022, 10:13 PM)Jag88 Wrote: ^^ it's pretty much people wanting anyone over balkie

Seriously.  I think I’d even take Caldwell back at this point.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-29-2022, 11:29 PM)tomfin2022 Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 10:13 PM)Jag88 Wrote: ^^ it's pretty much people wanting anyone over balkie

Seriously.  I think I’d even take Caldwell back at this point.

I would not. He ran this team into the ground for 8 years
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I’m not advocating getting Caldwell back at all but at least people were willing to work with him. So that’s a better start than baalke.

Regarding Adrian Wilson, I know it’s not the norm in the nfl but I love the idea of a former player being a GM. Anyone who’s played any sport knows that players know players within 5 minutes of stepping on a field, court, rink. I’m not saying you have to of played to be a GM but I certainly think it’s an advantage and I think it will Become a trend over the next 5-10 years

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2022, 04:05 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-29-2022, 10:11 PM)surfon Wrote: So i get we all wanr Baalke out.  What do we really know about Wilson.  Other than he was a all pro in his playing days.

Does he have  the traits needed to be a good gm?  Why does Byron like him more than Harris from the cards, or someone from tampa?

My favorite for gm is still Dodds from the colts.

He's not Baalke. At this point, that's all I need to know. Better, worse or whatever, we need a change. We know what we have in Baalke and it sucks, so any kind of change would give us hope for the future.

(01-29-2022, 09:29 PM)Sibelius Wrote: Hoping for a Tony Kahn bloodless coup over the weekend.

I don't even care if it's blood soaked, just get it done.

A Tony Khan coup? Seriously? Have you guys grown so delirious with anxiety that you’re now creating fantasy?

Deep breaths.

(01-30-2022, 04:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A Tony Khan coup? Seriously? Have you guys grown so delirious with anxiety that you’re now creating fantasy? 

Deep breaths.

Yes they have. SMDH.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(01-30-2022, 04:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: A Tony Khan coup? Seriously? Have you guys grown so delirious with anxiety that you’re now creating fantasy? 

Deep breaths.

Well, the pillow boy still exists, so keep the faith!

Deep breaths.

Ha ha

Found this pic of Trent, Shad and Tony during the Leftwich interview. 
[Image: Dr.-Evil-Quotes-Life.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w...70&dpr=1.5]

Haha

I've given up hope on Leftwich at this point. Khan thinks he's gonna setup some more interviews and push Leftwich into working with Baalke which won't happen.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-30-2022, 02:38 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 11:29 PM)tomfin2022 Wrote: Seriously.  I think I’d even take Caldwell back at this point.

I would not. He ran this team into the ground for 8 years

Not really... but whatever. I'm so tired of having this argument.

Just remember things have gotten worse since Caldwell was fired... 

Not saying he was a great GM but ran the team into the ground for 8 years is not even close to the truth. He built an average roster from Gene Smith shambles that under achieved under poor coaching, then he and Tom bought a few stars and made a playoff team and then Tom ran off some of our best players after screwing up our cap amd then Tom got fired. And then Caldwell purged the roster FOR Khan before being let go. That's the truth.

And no I wouldn't want Caldwell back. This "anyone else" mentality is how we (somehow) end up with worse GMs and coaches than before.

If Baalke remains the general manager, there needs to be a mass exodus of season ticket-holders. I will definitely be included in this group.

(01-30-2022, 11:36 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: If Baalke remains the general manager, there needs to be a mass exodus of season ticket-holders. I will definitely be included in this group.

The fans true voice is their wallets.
Protests, signs, Twitter, clown masks... these do nothing really.

Here's hoping it doesn't come to that

(01-30-2022, 03:54 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: I’m not advocating getting Caldwell back at all but at least people were willing to work with him. So that’s a better start than baalke.

Regarding Adrian Wilson, I know it’s not the norm in the nfl but I love the idea of a former player being a GM. Anyone who’s played any sport knows that players know players within 5 minutes of stepping on a field, court, rink. I’m not saying you have to of played to be a GM but I certainly think it’s an advantage and I think it will Become a trend over the next 5-10 years

Ozzie Newsome comes to mind as pretty successful one
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-30-2022, 03:54 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: I’m not advocating getting Caldwell back at all but at least people were willing to work with him. So that’s a better start than baalke.

Except for the players.

(01-30-2022, 11:40 AM)Kane Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 11:36 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: If Baalke remains the general manager, there needs to be a mass exodus of season ticket-holders. I will definitely be included in this group.

The fans true voice is their wallets.
Protests, signs, Twitter, clown masks... these do nothing really.

Here's hoping it doesn't come to that

I disagree with this. Your wallet is only your voice until the person it is being targeted at has beyond F you money. Once they are beyond that then I think they care about their image and legacy more.

Also, once again, it is actually impossible for us to impact Shad's wallet. Over 90% of his revenue is guaranteed through the TV deals. If literally zero fans showed up to the stadium, zero ticket sales, zero parking fees, zero concessions, zero merchandise Shad would be making millions and the franchise value would still be going up by hundreds of millions per year.

The only avenue of protest we have is to try to egg his legacy.

(01-30-2022, 11:26 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-oconnell/

I love the pivot of trying to force Leftwich to accept Baalke. That would be all well in good if the franchise had anything positive other than 2017. Good job Khan you have 1 winning season under your belt so please by all means bully perspective candidates to accept your loser GM.

Khan is a crap owner with a loser mindset. He has a loser at his right hand and it is looking certain he is going to screw this up again. He has a very broken clock is right twice a day approach. 

He really should just try to salvage the current coaches and stop playing with the fans. He deserves no respect.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Been a season ticket holder since the beginning and I'm just about there too. Retaining Baalke as the GM will push me over the top.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.