Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Pederson reportedly gets 2nd interview with Jaguars.

(02-01-2022, 10:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 07:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He purposefully tanked a game and didn't even bother trying to hide it. Just the kind of guy everyone should want........ Rolleyes

So where does "winning a Super Bowl with Nick Foles" fit along the success/fail spectrum?

I will never get over a coach that intentionally tanks a game and doesn't even try to cover it up. I know it's probably been done before, but at least those coaches tried to keep things under wraps. Pederson was so obvious about what he did that it was a bad look for the NFL and the Eagles. Personally, I would have fined the Eagles a draft pick for his nonsense. I have very little respect for the guy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-02-2022, 03:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 10:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So where does "winning a Super Bowl with Nick Foles" fit along the success/fail spectrum?

I will never get over a coach that intentionally tanks a game and doesn't even try to cover it up. I know it's probably been done before, but at least those coaches tried to keep things under wraps. Pederson was so obvious about what he did that it was a bad look for the NFL and the Eagles. Personally, I would have fined the Eagles a draft pick for his nonsense. I have very little respect for the guy.

So your issue is that he threw the game but that he wasn't sneaky about it?  You don't mind cheats as long as they try not to get caught?  That's the integrity you're looking for in a coach?

(02-02-2022, 04:07 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 03:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I will never get over a coach that intentionally tanks a game and doesn't even try to cover it up. I know it's probably been done before, but at least those coaches tried to keep things under wraps. Pederson was so obvious about what he did that it was a bad look for the NFL and the Eagles. Personally, I would have fined the Eagles a draft pick for his nonsense. I have very little respect for the guy.

So your issue is that he threw the game but that he wasn't sneaky about it?  You don't mind cheats as long as they try not to get caught?  That's the integrity you're looking for in a coach?

Haha. Good stuff

(02-01-2022, 10:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So where does "winning a Super Bowl with Nick Foles" fit along the success/fail spectrum?

lol ok.

Lol

(02-01-2022, 09:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 07:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes. He comes from a team that was built from nothing to become good up until this past season. The Colts did it largely through the draft. Before that, he was with the Seahawks when they were good.

Let's just bring in an experienced coach who failed somewhere else. Good logic.

Almost all coaches are retreads and fail somewhere.  Bellicheck failed in Cleveland, but he sucks right?

(02-01-2022, 08:23 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Genius move.  The Eagles ended up with the #6 pick, traded it down to Miami for the #11 pick and also obtained the Dolphins 4th round pick and their 1st round pick in the 2022 draft.

Shhhh don't let the facts get in the way.

Also we have been wanting the Jags to tank the last 3 years.  Who would of been mad if we had to tank for trevor?  We sucked bad enough we did not have to but I remember that last game last year and everybody happy we lost.

Exactly -- the entire 904 area code was rooting for Jets wins and Jags losses the entire 2nd half of that season when it became very apparent one of those 2 teams would get Trevor with the #1 pick.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 10:02 AM by Mikey.)

(02-01-2022, 06:10 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 05:02 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: That's 4 times as many winning seasons as we've had, plus a trip to the NFC champ gm.

Exactly.  If you look at the Vikings 2021 season, they lost 4 games in the last seconds (2 of which were missed field goals by their kicker).

L27-24 OT
L34-33
W30-17
L14-7
W19-17
W34-28 OT
L20-16
L34-31 OT
W27-20
W34-31
L34-26
L29-27
W36-28
W17-9
L30-23
L37-10
W31-17

@That doesn't bode well if we're looking to replace Wright@

(02-01-2022, 06:17 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Ask Mike Zimmer what he thinks of Spielman. You won't get a ringing endorsement there.

If Shad were smart (I know, assumes facts not in evidence again), he'd ask the Wylfs.

Hey, get that, Shahid, there's a whole fraternity of rich dudes running franchises that you can turn to for references, advice, and support. You should try it!

He could start by asking Mark Davis what size bowl he uses for those haircuts.

(02-01-2022, 07:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 07:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He had first time coordinators as well

Wilson/Leftwich is not a good duo for this dumpster fiire.

I have been saying since the start I wanted an Experience Coach like Caldwell/Pederson who has done this before.  This is not an ordinary coaching job.  I think we need people who has been there and done that before.

...because Pederson handled the dumpster fire in Philly so well on his way out.

You still haven't answered my question, what exactly about this team (besides its boneheaded owner making the big decisions) do you qualify as evidence of a dumpster fire?

(02-02-2022, 10:09 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 07:15 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Wilson/Leftwich is not a good duo for this dumpster fiire.

I have been saying since the start I wanted an Experience Coach like Caldwell/Pederson who has done this before.  This is not an ordinary coaching job.  I think we need people who has been there and done that before.

...because Pederson handled the dumpster fire in Philly so well on his way out.

You still haven't answered my question, what exactly about this team (besides its boneheaded owner making the big decisions) do you qualify as evidence of a dumpster fire?

I am all for Leftwich versus Pederson who I consider a loser that just talks a lot of [BLEEP] nonstop.

But at the same time.... Jacksonville IS a dumpster fire of a team. Khan should have fired Baalke with Urban. That's Day One, Bro.

Since he hasn't it's just a garbage dump lit on fire. That's worse than a dumpster fire. This is like Staten Island being lit on fire.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 10:18 AM by Mikey.)

(02-01-2022, 08:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 07:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Yes. He comes from a team that was built from nothing to become good up until this past season. The Colts did it largely through the draft. Before that, he was with the Seahawks when they were good.

Let's just bring in an experienced coach who failed somewhere else. Good logic.

He has a statue outside the stadium and coached them to their only SB, what a fail lol

If "statue outside the stadium" is a criteria for greatness, then Joe Paterno, Bo Schembechler, and Jerry Richardson are the kinds of guys we are aspiring to? No thanks.
I'd rather we hire Steve Gleason.

(02-01-2022, 10:39 PM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 06:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oh, ask the guy that he fired about him? lol

He didn't fire him, genious, the owner fired Zimmer and Slick Rick at the same time. For the record, Vikings fans nicknamed him Spieldope.

Spieldope?
I wonder how he ever managed to sleep at night.
It's a good thing Minnesotans know a thing or two about hotdish, because coming up with a good nickname ain't their thing.

(02-01-2022, 11:32 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-01-2022, 08:49 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I’m pissed too. They put a parking lot in its place.

Are you serious?! A parking lot on riverfront property? What a bunch of morons!

During tropical storms is serves as a marina

I never said they were smart.

(02-02-2022, 10:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 10:09 AM)Mikey Wrote: ...because Pederson handled the dumpster fire in Philly so well on his way out.

I am all for Leftwich versus Pederson who I consider a loser that just talks a lot of [BLEEP] nonstop.

But at the same time.... Jacksonville IS a dumpster fire of a team. Khan should have fired Baalke with Urban. That's Day One, Bro.

Since he hasn't it's just a garbage dump lit on fire. That's worse than a dumpster fire. This is like Staten Island being lit on fire.

I get that Khan's hand is making everything an uphill battle, and you could say it's been that way since he decided to keep Marrone/Caldwell for 2020, yet again a year too long.

But, we have plenty of cap space.
We don't have players disgruntled over their contract situations.
We don't have players griping about the coaching (or at least en masse)
We don't have players demanding trades to get outta town.
We (presently) aren't taking flack from the PA regarding our treatment of our players.
We have a young team that can grow rather than face aging and depreciated performance or retirements
We have a potential franchise QB in place that appears to have the confidence of the locker room.

Outside of the GM/owner fiasco presently, I don't see a lot of specific toxicity that we've experienced in the past. You could argue that a lot of the moves over the last 2-3 years have remedied a lot of those ills. Now if the claim is that the mere presence of the owner or GM trumps every other consideration, that may have some merit. But, it's a lot easier to move on from a GM than to have a great GM and still have to fix all the crap that would be present if the above conditions were still unsettled. Sure, our record over the past few years has been miserable, but I don't see that as being the future outlook of the team. 

I don't see it as a dumpster fire. I could be wrong. Shad's presence alone may be a leaking barrel of kerosene. He's certainly not helping at this point. But outside of his flawed patience, stubbornness, whatever you'd call it, the team itself is not a lost cause.

(02-02-2022, 04:07 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 03:29 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I will never get over a coach that intentionally tanks a game and doesn't even try to cover it up. I know it's probably been done before, but at least those coaches tried to keep things under wraps. Pederson was so obvious about what he did that it was a bad look for the NFL and the Eagles. Personally, I would have fined the Eagles a draft pick for his nonsense. I have very little respect for the guy.

Exactly. Don't you realize he put his team at risk by being so blatant about it? It was a black eye for the NFL. The Eagles could've and should've been punished by taking away a draft pick. You simply cannot pull stunts like that when Roger Goodell has punished teams for doing much, much less. You cannot put your own desires over the team. If you're gonna do something shady, you better be able to cover your tracks and if it comes back on the team, be prepared to be fired. 

It's not that I like cheats, I don't. Cheating of some kind happens in every single game though. Whether it's flopping on the ground and acting like you were pushed in order to draw a flag, poking someone in the eye or biting them at the bottom of a pile, or even committing a penalty that doesn't draw a flag. It's all cheating. That's a reality. What Pederson did should've never been done to begin with. I'm not condoning it, but by being so blatant about it, he made the entire team a target from the commissioners office. That is an unforgivable sin as far as I'm concerned.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 10:47 AM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-02-2022, 10:41 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 04:07 AM)OzJohnnie Wrote: So your issue is that he threw the game but that he wasn't sneaky about it?  You don't mind cheats as long as they try not to get caught?  That's the integrity you're looking for in a coach?

Exactly. Don't you realize he put his team at risk by being so blatant about it? It was a black eye for the NFL. The Eagles could've and should've been punished by taking away a draft pick. You simply cannot pull stunts like that when Roger Goodell has punished teams for doing much, much less. You cannot put your own desires over the team. If you're gonna do something shady, you better be able to cover your tracks and if it comes back on the team, be prepared to be fired. 

It's not that I like cheats, I don't. Cheating of some kind happens in every single game though. Whether it's flopping on the ground and acting like you were pushed in order to draw a flag, poking someone in the eye or biting them at the bottom of a pile, or even committing a penalty that doesn't draw a flag. It's all cheating. That's a reality. What Pederson did should've never been done to begin with. I'm not condoning it, but by being so blatant about it, he made the entire team a target from the commissioners office. That is an unforgivable sin as far as I'm concerned.

Playing devil's advocate since I don't like Pederson AT ALL as our Head Coach, maybe he was just doing as he was told?... I'm all on board for the BOLD NEW CITY OF THE SOUTH to have Leftwich/Wilson as Coach/GM - and no my decision has nothing to do with race as I think any mention of race is in itself inherently racist - HOWEVER - in today's climate you cannot deny it's an impressive look - Leftwich knows football and loves it, Wilson is a great evaluator of talent... that's who should be the new HEAD of our Football team. Based on merits with race not even considered.

I like both options Wilson & Leftwich and also Speilman & Pederson.

I guess that's kind of boring .....

(02-02-2022, 10:46 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 10:41 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Exactly. Don't you realize he put his team at risk by being so blatant about it? It was a black eye for the NFL. The Eagles could've and should've been punished by taking away a draft pick. You simply cannot pull stunts like that when Roger Goodell has punished teams for doing much, much less. You cannot put your own desires over the team. If you're gonna do something shady, you better be able to cover your tracks and if it comes back on the team, be prepared to be fired. 

Playing devil's advocate since I don't like Pederson AT ALL as our Head Coach, maybe he was just doing as he was told?... I'm all on board for the BOLD NEW CITY OF THE SOUTH to have Leftwich/Wilson as Coach/GM - and no my decision has nothing to do with race as I think any mention of race is in itself inherently racist - HOWEVER - in today's climate you cannot deny it's an impressive look - Leftwich knows football and loves it, Wilson is a great evaluator of talent... that's who should be the new HEAD of our Football team. Based on merits with race not even considered.

There is no way he was told to tank the game and do it without covering his tracks. He played his third string QB in the entire second half for no reason what so ever, even though the guy was playing like garbage. Even Ray Charles could see he was tanking on purpose. No owner or GM would want him to be so blatant about it.

(02-02-2022, 10:08 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: He could start by asking Mark Davis what size bowl he uses for those haircuts.

Haha. Dude looks like Jim Carey from Dumb and Dumber.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(02-02-2022, 10:08 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: He could start by asking Mark Davis what size bowl he uses for those haircuts.

I wouldn't be making fun of him. One day you might be asking him for a job, Darrell.

(02-02-2022, 10:56 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I like both options Wilson & Leftwich and also Speilman & Pederson.

I guess that's kind of boring .....

I want Leftwich - Spielman
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt