Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags to hire Leftwich as next head coach!!

(02-03-2022, 06:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 05:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, your feelings hurt?  Get you panties out of a bunch miss

Not at all. Why would my feelings be hurt.

Oh...by you?  By a guy who thinks every gator that comes out is the next best think since sliced bread?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

(02-03-2022, 05:59 PM)Sibelius Wrote: let me quote myself - " several of the guys on 1010xl were saying the same thing, that they believed a good amount of Leftwich's following for the HC position came from him playing here."

And I was responding to your comment - let me quote that so there's no misunderstanding - where you said, "Brady is from Jacksonville?"

So that is not YOU saying that.  YOU are quoting somebody else.  Get it?

Dude, you're all over the place. Whether I said it or quoted someone else who said it, who suggested that Brady played for Jacksonville?
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Florida Times-Union reports “the chatter” at the Senior Bowl is Bucs OC Byron Leftwich made it known he couldn't work with Jaguars GM Trent Baalke. 

This is all conjecture that has been vaguely alluded to at this point, but here it is out in the open. All momentum was pointing towards the Jaguars hiring Leftwich in the middle of last week before he presented Adrian Wilson as a GM candidate and suggested he wouldn't want to work with embattled current GM Baalke. The Jaguars are currently in a holding pattern as they try to find a head coach and GM who actually will want to work together, with the current heavy rumor being Rick Spielman, Doug Peterson, and Baalke employed but reporting to Spielman.

(02-03-2022, 05:57 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: The reason we all bought into Byron is because the team did offering him a second interview, majority of people wanted pederson over him originally but the team clearly didn’t so we bought into the positives of Byron. But to hire pederson now no matter how good of an original candidate is just plane desperate and looks shocking to everyone involved , another turbulent year upcoming wasting another year for Trevor

Rumors were Pederson didn't want to come here because of Baalke, now it looks like we are going to hire Spielman and Baalke will be more of a high paid scout. Pederson was an after thought until Spielman came in to play.  It looks like Pederson obviously likes the idea of working with Spielman or Spielman is pushing hard for Pederson, or both

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2022, 06:24 PM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-03-2022, 05:46 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Sucks about leftwitch about to withdraw himself. Smh

It does suck, but despite it all, the coaching search is still salvageable if they hire Pederson and Spielman.

On the other hand, if Khan allows Leftich AND Pederson to get away after all this time, the offseason is officially an unmitigated disaster, irrespective of what happens later.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-03-2022, 06:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 05:57 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: The reason we all bought into Byron is because the team did offering him a second interview, majority of people wanted pederson over him originally but the team clearly didn’t so we bought into the positives of Byron. But to hire pederson now no matter how good of an original candidate is just plane desperate and looks shocking to everyone involved , another turbulent year upcoming wasting another year for Trevor

Rumors were Pederson didn't want to come here because of Baalke, now it looks like we are going to hire Spielman and Baalke will be more of a high paid scout. Pederson was an after thought until Spielman came in to play.  It looks like Pederson obviously likes the idea of working with Spielman or Spielman is pushing hard for Pederson, or both

One caveat to that - Frangie was saying this afternoon that he felt that Baalke was interviewing Spielman to be on his staff, which would put Spielman below Baalke. THAT would well and truly suck. Hays said if that was the case, Spielman would replace Baalke after the draft, but even if that happened, Baalke would still have the chance to infect one more draft for the Jags. 

Frangie and Hays also said they thought we'd know something by EOD tomorrow. So, we'll see if they know what they're talking about. LOL
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

I like Leftwich but some people here and on twitter are acting like he is a sure thing, is he really? is he really the best HC candidate?
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(02-03-2022, 06:09 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I like Leftwich but some people here and on twitter are acting like he is a sure thing, is he really? is he really the best HC candidate?

[Image: anime-want-the-source.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2022, 06:11 PM by nhiverson.)

Will Pederson get us to a super bowl how many coaches in history have took two different teams to the super bowl? Probably not many. I just have a bad feeling about him just like Urban.
No Fun

(02-03-2022, 06:09 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I like Leftwich but some people here and on twitter are acting like he is a sure thing, is he really? is he really the best HC candidate?

Agreed, some people are acting like we just lost a former SB winning HC, oh wait.

We went for gold and ended up the fool

Tis the jags way

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2022, 06:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-03-2022, 06:11 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Will Pederson get us to a super bowl how many coaches in history have took two different teams to the super bowl? Probably not many. I just have a bad feeling about him just like Urban.

Pedersons coaching coaching mentor Reid did

(02-03-2022, 06:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Agreed, some people are acting like we just lost a former SB winning HC, oh wait.
That’s not it at all but I’m not shocked you can’t understand that.

Pederson is a fine candidate but they literally offered the job to Leftwich which means he was their first choice…. Not Pederson. They botched this whole situation and if Pederson doesn’t come here, they are unbelievably screwed.

This is about an owner who can’t make up his mind about what he wants. An owner who went on vacation in the middle of a HC search. An owner who most likely kept Leftwich in limbo the entire time which limited Leftwichs other opportunities.

If the get Pederson and Spielman, I’ll be fine with it. But a lot of people are disappointed in how this entire search went down and rightfully so.

(02-03-2022, 06:11 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Will Pederson get us to a super bowl how many coaches in history have took two different teams to the super bowl? Probably not many. I just have a bad feeling about him just like Urban.

Shula, Vermiel, Reid, Parcells, Holmgren are the ones that leap to mind.

How can he fail.  He won a SB with Brady.  All of the coaches that took head coaching jobs after winning the SB with Brady have been successful so I can only assume Byron will be a top coach in the NFL.

* O'Brien
* McDaniel
* Mangini
* Crennel
* Judge

(02-03-2022, 06:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Shula, Vermiel, Reid, Parcells, Holmgren are the ones that leap to mind.

Arians?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-03-2022, 06:26 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

How can he fail.  He won a SB with Brady.  All of the coaches that took head coaching jobs after winning the SB with Brady have been successful so I can only assume Byron will be a top coach in the NFL.

* O'Brien
* McDaniel
* Mangini
* Crennel
* Judge

Very not nice.

Those are All time great coaches though is Pederson near that level i don't believe so.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2022, 06:30 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-03-2022, 06:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 06:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, some people are acting like we just lost a former SB winning HC, oh wait.
That’s not it at all but I’m not shocked you can’t understand that.

Pederson is a fine candidate but they literally offered the job to Leftwich which means he was their first choice…. Not Pederson. They botched this whole situation and if Pederson doesn’t come here, they are unbelievably screwed.

This is about an owner who can’t make up his mind about what he wants. An owner who went on vacation in the middle of a HC search. An owner who most likely kept Leftwich in limbo the entire time which limited Leftwichs other opportunities.

If the get Pederson and Spielman, I’ll be fine with it. But a lot of people are disappointed in how this entire search went down and rightfully so.
I understand it completely,  I never said I liked the way they went about this whole process, I haven't liked it at all.  They should of fired Baalke right after the season and then they could of likely got whoever they wanted with no issues with any of the candidates.  We don't know if Pederson was their first choice or not.  He was the first coach we brought in and it was rumored that Pederson didn't want to work for Baalke.  If Pederson said he he would of worked with Baalke he might of been offered the job first.  The reason Byron was offered the job is because he didn't say he wouldn't work with Baalke until the job was offered.  He should of brought it up in the first interview even though it would be awkward, or even in a private call. It was pretty clear from reports they knew Pederson didn't want to work with Baalke right off the bat.  Pederson was an afterthought from the first interview until Spielman came back into play. Was rumored Tony Khan was also banging the table for Pederson

(02-03-2022, 06:26 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 06:23 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Shula, Vermiel, Reid, Parcells, Holmgren are the ones that leap to mind.

Arians?

No.

He coached the Bucs in the SB, but not the Cardinals or the Colts.

Ken Whisenhunt was Cardinals coach when they went to the SB.  Dungy and Calldwell coached the Colts to the SB.

(02-03-2022, 05:46 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Sucks about leftwitch about to withdraw himself. Smh

Has this come out somewhere?  If it has, remember that it's often a defensive measure to avoid the stain of being rejected.  When it becomes obvious a candidate won't be selected, he'll often drop out of the process rather than let everyone know he got a 'No'.  He remains a more viable candidate for future opportunities.  As he's looking to step up into his first HC gig, I think this is more likely than not in Leftwich's case.  Particularly likely given the hype train his agent was running.

If there's a coach stepping down to Jacksonville and the role, like Pederson, who rejects then I think it's more likely a genuine 'No'.