Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Free Agency Wish List

(03-01-2022, 07:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 07:21 PM)Upper Wrote: It's being reported that the Bucs and Godwin are nearing a long term extension then the Bucs can use the tag on Carlton Davis.

We've talked a lot about how so much cap space league wide is going to give us a ton more competition to sign the free agents, but not nearly as much attention has been paid on the flip side of that...not nearly as many FA are going to be hitting the market. Virtually any team that wants to keep a good player can do it with ease.

If a team that has ample cap space is letting someone "good" go that might raise a red flag in and of itself, kind of like when the Browns had the most cap space in the league but still let Schobert leave.
Hope Dotson is there at 33!

I don't think he will be, but if he isn't, I'm taking David Bell of Purdue. I really like that kid.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-01-2022, 08:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 07:57 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hope Dotson is there at 33!

I don't think he will be, but if he isn't, I'm taking David Bell of Purdue. I really like that kid.

In my opinion, in about 3 years when we look back at the receivers in this draft Jameson Williams will stand out. Depending on how far he drops in round 1 due to his injury, the Jaguars need to see if they could offer a package of picks to get him somewhere in the 20's. He and Hutchinson are my 2 favorite players in this draft and if they could somehow land both this would most likely be the best draft in franchise history as I see both being perennial pro-bowlers. If Baalke could make that happen, I'd take back every bad thing I've ever said about him.

(03-01-2022, 09:40 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 08:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't think he will be, but if he isn't, I'm taking David Bell of Purdue. I really like that kid.

In my opinion, in about 3 years when we look back at the receivers in this draft Jameson Williams will stand out. Depending on how far he drops in round 1 due to his injury, the Jaguars need to see if they could offer a package of picks to get him somewhere in the 20's. He and Hutchinson are my 2 favorite players in this draft and if they could somehow land both this would most likely be the best draft in franchise history as I see both being perennial pro-bowlers. If Baalke could make that happen, I'd take back every bad thing I've ever said about him.

Personally, I don't think he will drop too far. I have him going #25 to Buffalo. They don't have any real standout needs, but they could use another receiver and he wouldn't have to play right away in Buffalo. It would be an ideal spot for him. Imagine Josh Allen throwing to Stefon Diggs on one side and Jameson Williams on the other. That would be scary.

(03-01-2022, 05:34 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 05:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If one of those two is here on a "trial" basis - I'd wager it's Baalke - not Pederson.

While you would guess that, I bet the previous 5 head coaches in 5 straight years thought that too.

The 5 previous head coaches weren't saddled with Baalke.

Only one of them -  and he was clearly more of a failure at being an NFL HC than Baalke an NFL GM.

(03-01-2022, 09:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Personally, I don't think he will drop too far. I have him going #25 to Buffalo.

I think Jameson goes top 20. He's still WR1 to me. If he falls to the 20s I am trying to trade up very hard if I were in charge.

(03-01-2022, 10:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 05:34 PM)Upper Wrote: While you would guess that, I bet the previous 5 head coaches in 5 straight years thought that too.

The 5 previous head coaches weren't saddled with Baalke.

Only one of them -  and he was clearly more of a failure at being an NFL HC than Baalke an NFL GM.

( I think Upper is referring to Harbaugh/Tomsula/Kelly)

(03-02-2022, 10:53 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 10:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The 5 previous head coaches weren't saddled with Baalke.

( I think Upper is referring to Harbaugh/Tomsula/Kelly)

If so - varying ownership dynamics flaw the comp

I am not a Baalke fan by any stretch. I think he played more of a role in last year's disaster than he's led Khan to believe and I wanted him gone in December of last year.

I'm just not ready to make some of the assumptions many here have made about the dynamic between he and Khan and the one between Khan and Pederson.

Maybe Khan really trusts Baalke and would let him make a move against Pederson at some point as folks are suggesting, but I actually think Khan is smart enough to value the guy with the recent SB ring over Baalke.
 If 2022 doesn't go well, I guess we might get some insight on which assumptions were more accurate.

For the record, I don't think Pederson would be the first to go between the two if/when losses continue piling up.

I am just not going to boldly say it considering Baalke's astonishing ability to survive and Shad's astonishing ability to be stupid.

(03-02-2022, 11:32 AM)Upper Wrote: For the record, I don't think Pederson would be the first to go between the two if/when losses continue piling up.

I am just not going to boldly say it considering Baalke's astonishing ability to survive and Shad's astonishing ability to be stupid.

I know I am dating myself with this reference, but Baalke's this team's J.R. Ewing, who manages to escape one attack after another...only he's not successful at what he does.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-03-2022, 02:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 11:32 AM)Upper Wrote: For the record, I don't think Pederson would be the first to go between the two if/when losses continue piling up.

I know I am dating myself with this reference, but Baalke's this team's J.R. Ewing, who manages to escape one attack after another...only he's not successful at what he does.

Those were the good ol' days. Who shot Jr? The biggest series cliff hanger of the 80's.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2022, 07:10 AM by The Real Marty.)

Pederson is more likeable than Baalke, he has a direct line to Shad Khan, and he's not working for Baalke, so I think if one of them ever gets canned, it would be Baalke.

I wouldn't mind this.  Of course they're just throwing poo at the wall.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-...ee-agents/
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-03-2022, 09:23 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I wouldn't mind this.  Of course they're just throwing poo at the wall.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-...ee-agents/
Arob and Dalton Schultz. Pretty good start.

If they manage to also sign Chark then they are working to really give Trevor weapons.

(03-03-2022, 05:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 02:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I know I am dating myself with this reference, but Baalke's this team's J.R. Ewing, who manages to escape one attack after another...only he's not successful at what he does.

Those were the good ol' days. Who shot Jr? The biggest series cliff hanger of the 80's.

I gained a whole new appreciation for the show when they had reruns in the 1990s.  I liked JR even more and hated Cliff Barnes made me roll my eyes tremendously....even as I type this now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Throwing more poo at the wall.  Chark to the Raiders?

https://heavy.com/sports/las-vegas-raide...-contract/
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Cooper likely to be released by the cowboys per PFT.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2022, 12:27 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-04-2022, 12:16 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Cooper likely to be released by the cowboys per PFT.

With Mike Williams and Chris Godwin most likely being retained by their current teams, Cooper would be our best option. I call his agent as soon as he is released and offer a front loaded contract. If we could land Cooper via free agency and add 2-3 young WR's via the draft, we many be able to get Trevor back on track.

(03-03-2022, 09:45 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 05:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Those were the good ol' days. Who shot Jr? The biggest series cliff hanger of the 80's.

I gained a whole new appreciation for the show when they had reruns in the 1990s.  I liked JR even more and hated Cliff Barnes made me roll my eyes tremendously....even as I type this now.

Me too. I was a kid at the time and I started watching those shows with my mom. Knots Landing was another one that we watched a lot. It was a spinoff of Dallas. I miss those type of shows. Now everything seems to be reality shows.

I hope we get Cooper

Rapsheet said right after that report that they are going to try to trade Cooper first. I would definitely try to sign him if they release him, and I would probably give a pick after 102 or maybe even a couple 5/6th rounders.

The problem is if we trade for him we assume the contract, and he is very overpaid.

Chandler Jones
Amari Cooper (assuming he's cut)
Mike Gesicki/David Njoku/OJ Howard (Honestly no excuse not to get another good TE for Trevor with how many should be available)
Scherff

3 of those 4 and I'd be thrilled