Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Free Agency Wish List

The Jaguars are set to have a whopping 71.6 million dollars free in cap space in 2022. 

How should they spend it? 

Gotta figure two OL signings with 5 players from that group hitting free agency. (3 starters)
They aren't going to field multiple rookies there IMO. 

Gotta figure a WR signing - even if it's Chark. 

Likely in the market for a LB or two. 

Pass rusher shopping depends on draft strategy.

TE is always a need for this team.  

Here are some links to lists of free agents:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/
https://nfltraderumors.co/top-2022-nfl-f...ents-list/
https://sportsnaut.com/top-nfl-free-agents/

Share your strategies and targeted players below.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

DeVondre Campbell on defense would be a great addition

I am of no illusion that we are going to get any of the elite FA this offseason, but I would love to double dip two of Gallup, Kirk, and Mike Williams.

These are the players I'd go after:

1. Terron Armstead

2. Haason Reddick

3.Michael Gallup

4. D.J. Chark (1 year deal)

If Armstead declines, I'd franchise Robinson unless they could sign him to a reasonable long-term deal.

(12-24-2021, 03:26 PM)Upper Wrote: I am of no illusion that we are going to get any of the elite FA this offseason, but I would love to double dip two of Gallup, Kirk, and Mike Williams.
Gallup and Kirk would be awesome. I’m in for that.

Yeah, more 2s and 3s WRs would be amazing lol. At least Mike Williams has the potential to be a WR1

(12-24-2021, 06:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, more 2s and 3s WRs would be amazing lol. At least Mike Williams has the potential to be a WR1

Well we don't have any right now soooo

(12-24-2021, 06:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, more 2s and 3s WRs would be amazing lol. At least Mike Williams has the potential to be a WR1
You need to temper your expectations. No true WR1 is coming to Jacksonville.

Not to mention, Gallup is extremely talented and would really thrive with Trevor.

Obviously, my #1 priority is trying to lure Terron Armstead to Jacksonville. As I said before, I'm sending him a 4 year deal making him the highest paid OT per year in NFL history. We have the cap money to do it and protecting Trevor Lawrence must be our #1 priority. If that doesn't work, I'm trying to trade for one of the better, young OT's in the league. Someone Like Ronnie Stanley, Garrett Bolles, Laremy Tunsil or Taylor Decker. I offer one of our 3rd rounders this year and our first rounder in 2023. It'll cost a lot, but it must be done. If that doesn't work, I slap the franchise tag on Cam Robinson one more time. I know this isn't ideal, but he has only allowed 1 sack this season along with 5 penalties. That's actually better than I thought. It would be a band aid, but we cannot risk instability on Trevor's blind side.

I then target OG Brandon Scherff in free agency. Again, I'm trying to add some stability to the O-Line. I offer to make him the highest paid OG in the NFL and hope that outweighs the bad publicity we have gotten. My backup plan is Connor Williams, but that would be aiming high as well, so my 3rd option is Laken Tomlinson, who has gotten consistently better, the longer he is in the league.

I make a "hail mary" move and offer a huge deal to WR Davante Adams with little hope it works, but at least I try. Mike Williams is my #2 option and more realistically, I'm looking at adding Michael Gallup or Russell Gage. It doesn't matter which new receiver I bring in though, I'm 100% re-signing D.J. Chark. Once he got injured, our receiving corps completely collapsed. It just shows how much he was actually helping this team when he was playing.

In the draft, I'm taking the BAP. If we have one of the top 2 selections, I'm taking either Hutchinson or Thibodeaux. If we pick #3, I' trying to trade down a few spots to select WR Jameson Williams. If I can't though, I'm taking him at #3. He is my #3 overall player, so the pick would be warranted. With the rest of the selections I focus on WR, O-Line, ILB, S, OLB, TE, CB and adding a big pass rushing DE.

(12-25-2021, 11:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Obviously, my #1 priority is trying to lure Terron Armstead to Jacksonville. As I said before, I'm sending him a 4 year deal making him the highest paid OT per year in NFL history. We have the cap money to do it and protecting Trevor Lawrence must be our #1 priority. If that doesn't work, I'm trying to trade for one of the better, young OT's in the league. Someone Like Ronnie Stanley, Garrett Bolles, Laremy Tunsil or Taylor Decker. I offer one of our 3rd rounders this year and our first rounder in 2023. It'll cost a lot, but it must be done. If that doesn't work, I slap the franchise tag on Cam Robinson one more time. I know this isn't ideal, but he has only allowed 1 sack this season along with 5 penalties. That's actually better than I thought. It would be a band aid, but we cannot risk instability on Trevor's blind side.

I then target OG Brandon Scherff in free agency. Again, I'm trying to add some stability to the O-Line. I offer to make him the highest paid OG in the NFL and hope that outweighs the bad publicity we have gotten. My backup plan is Connor Williams, but that would be aiming high as well, so my 3rd option is Laken Tomlinson, who has gotten consistently better, the longer he is in the league.

I make a "hail mary" move and offer a huge deal to WR Davante Adams with little hope it works, but at least I try. Mike Williams is my #2 option and more realistically, I'm looking at adding Michael Gallup or Russell Gage. It doesn't matter which new receiver I bring in though, I'm 100% re-signing D.J. Chark. Once he got injured, our receiving corps completely collapsed. It just shows how much he was actually helping this team when he was playing.

In the draft, I'm taking the BAP. If we have one of the top 2 selections, I'm taking either Hutchinson or Thibodeaux. If we pick #3, I' trying to trade down a few spots to select WR Jameson Williams. If I can't though, I'm taking him at #3. He is my #3 overall player, so the pick would be warranted. With the rest of the selections I focus on WR, O-Line, ILB, S, OLB, TE, CB and adding a big pass rushing DE.

I’m definitely on board with pushing a big pile of our free agency chips in for an OT. 

Lots of speculation on whether the Jags can attract the top tier guys, and there is some validity to the concern. 
We don’t yet know what GM/HC combo will be trying to land these whales and some said whales will follow the money regardless of a struggling franchise, so I’m operating under the assumption our choices will be limited but not without some access to top tier talent. 

I’m hoping that we’ll see one of our new regime exert enough influence to land a quality OT much in the same way Coughlin landed Calais Campbell.

(12-25-2021, 01:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-25-2021, 11:28 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Obviously, my #1 priority is trying to lure Terron Armstead to Jacksonville. As I said before, I'm sending him a 4 year deal making him the highest paid OT per year in NFL history. We have the cap money to do it and protecting Trevor Lawrence must be our #1 priority. If that doesn't work, I'm trying to trade for one of the better, young OT's in the league. Someone Like Ronnie Stanley, Garrett Bolles, Laremy Tunsil or Taylor Decker. I offer one of our 3rd rounders this year and our first rounder in 2023. It'll cost a lot, but it must be done. If that doesn't work, I slap the franchise tag on Cam Robinson one more time. I know this isn't ideal, but he has only allowed 1 sack this season along with 5 penalties. That's actually better than I thought. It would be a band aid, but we cannot risk instability on Trevor's blind side.

I’m definitely on board with pushing a big pile of our free agency chips in for an OT. 

Lots of speculation on whether the Jags can attract the top tier guys, and there is some validity to the concern. 
We don’t yet know what GM/HC combo will be trying to land these whales and some said whales will follow the money regardless of a struggling franchise, so I’m operating under the assumption our choices will be limited but not without some access to top tier talent. 

I’m hoping that we’ll see one of our new regime exert enough influence to land a quality OT much in the same way Coughlin landed Calais Campbell.

This all hinges on Shad Khan finally hiring the "right guys" at head coach and general manager. If he does, I believe most free agents will "follow the money," especially if they feel that their new team is capable of winning. Armstead is definitely the top choice since finding a quality left tackle is so difficult. As far as the receiver position, too much emphasis has been put on the desperation of finding a true #1 receiver. Finding "true" number 1 guys with a combination of size and speed is almost as tough as finding a great left tackle. The best 2 receivers this season do not fit this prototype; Cooper Kupp is not the fastest receiver and Tyreek Hill lacks the desired stature. Our new general manager (please) just needs to identify receivers capable of getting open and not dropping the ball. Having 3 quality receivers in addition to a couple of "receiving" tight ends is more than enough for a quarterback with the talent of Trevor Lawrence. My preference for receivers would be D.J. Chark( on a 1 year deal), Michael Gallup, 2nd round draft pick (Dotson, London, Olave, Bell), Marvin Jones, Shenault and Agnew. Shenault needs to improve significantly to earn significant playing time at receiver. If not, he can be used as a "gadget" player with a variety of roles. Jones can be the number 3 or 4 receiver in this group while Agnew's value at receiver is TBD. He did show speed and explosiveness and if he continues to improve his overall skill-set at receiver, he could be another weapon for Lawrence.  Give me this group of receivers to start 2022-23 and I'll place my money on Lawrence taking a huge leap next season:

Chark
Gallup
Dotson, London, Chark or Bell
Jones 
Shenault
Agnew
Gesecki
Arnold

Chark is a decent 2, but I want a 1.

That’s choice! Slap the tag on Cam? Lol
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I hope the jags get aggressive this offseason. There is no time to waste. T-law year 2

(12-28-2021, 11:59 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

That’s choice! Slap the tag on Cam? Lol

You got a better idea?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

OT Terron Armstead
OG Chris Reed or Mark Glowinski
TE Zach Ertz
WR Juju Smith-Schuster
LB Dont'a Hightower

Time to spend money.

Would prioritize 3 offensive lineman, 3 defensive lineman, 3 receivers and 1 tight end and 1 runningback from these groups below. Fill in the blanks in April.

Throw enough money at them and sell them on the challenges of coming in here to help fix this team on a 2 to 3 year deal with the money mostly front loaded.

These rankings below are in no particular order. I did not list Adams as I feel Green Bay is fixing to do anything it can to lock him and Rodgers up after the play off's are over. Could end with them winning the Lombardi.

Offensive lineman targets:
Orlando Brown Jr.
Brandon Scherff
Terron Armstead
Duane Brown
Riley Reiff
Ben Jones

Defensive lineman targets:
Derek Barnett
Randy Gregory
Chandler Jones
Calais Campbell
Linval Joseph
Sheldon Richardson

Receiving Targets:
Allen Robinson
Mike Williams
Will Fuller
DJ Chark Jr.

Tight End Targets:
Dalton Schultz
Mike Gesicki
Evan Engram
David Njoku

Runningbacks:
Melvin Gordon
Chase Edmonds
James Conner

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-29-2021, 02:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Would prioritize 3 offensive lineman, 3 defensive lineman, 3 receivers and 1 tight end and 1 runningback from these groups below. Fill in the blanks in April.

Throw enough money at them and sell them on the challenges of coming in here to help fix this team on a 2 to 3 year deal with the money mostly front loaded.

These rankings below are in no particular order. I did not list Adams as I feel Green Bay is fixing to do anything it can to lock him and Rodgers up after the play off's are over. Could end with them winning the Lombardi.

Orlando Brown Jr.
Brandon Scherff
Terron Armstead
Duane Brown
Riley Reiff
Ben Jones

Derek Barnett
Randy Gregory
Chandler Jones
Calais Campbell
Linval Joseph
Sheldon Richardson

Receiving Targets:
Allen Robinson
Mike Williams
Will Fuller
DJ Chark Jr.

Tight End Targets:
Dalton Schultz
Mike Gesicki
Evan Engram
David Njoku

Runningbacks:
Melvin Gordon
Chase Edmonds
James Conner

Looking at the offensive players you posted. Dalton Schultz would be HIGH on my list. Really good player. I like Melvin Gordon, he is still a really good RB, but he will get paid into a lead role. Not really interested in any of the others there, especially the WR's. We have the $$$ for Dalton, we have to prioritize him.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2021, 02:26 PM by Caldrac.)

(12-29-2021, 02:30 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(12-29-2021, 02:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Would prioritize 3 offensive lineman, 3 defensive lineman, 3 receivers and 1 tight end and 1 runningback from these groups below. Fill in the blanks in April.

Orlando Brown Jr.
Brandon Scherff
Terron Armstead
Duane Brown
Riley Reiff
Ben Jones

Derek Barnett
Randy Gregory
Chandler Jones
Calais Campbell
Linval Joseph
Sheldon Richardson

Receiving Targets:
Allen Robinson
Mike Williams
Will Fuller
DJ Chark Jr.

Tight End Targets:
Dalton Schultz
Mike Gesicki
Evan Engram
David Njoku

Runningbacks:
Melvin Gordon
Chase Edmonds
James Conner

Looking at the offensive players you posted. Dalton Schultz would be HIGH on my list. Really good player. I like Melvin Gordon, he is still a really good RB, but he will get paid into a lead role. Not really interested in any of the others there, especially the WR's. We have the $$$ for Dalton, we have to prioritize him.
Yeah, but, what are you going to do at WR then? You can't realistically expect this team to solve all of it's issues at WR in the draft.

They're in a unique selection slot next year in that draft. There's no Calvin Johnson Jr. or Julio Jones to justify taking that high.

There's also no big name, must have QB prospect worth trading up for.

They're stuck going DE or LT. The odds of them also getting a top WR on the 2nd night of the draft is slim to none as we'll more than likely see a run on them happen around the 15th spot.

They might have to trade up. But, do you really want to fork over any one of those two 3rd RD picks to do that? With as many holes as they have to fill? I just don't see it.

If they hire Kellen Moore or Doug Pederson I see the TE position being emphasized. So, landing Schultz seems like a priority to pair up with Arnold in 2022. Would even throw Ertz out there.

They need a WR from free agency. I think they'll try to bring back Chark but they'll be looking at other WRs. They have to. There was way too many issues with dropped passes and lack of separation this year for them not to address it.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We should raid the Cowboys and get Moore for HC and bring Gallup and Schultz with him. That would be awesome.