Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Free Agency Wish List

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2022, 11:43 PM by Upper.)

Please stop posting that trash twitter account that RTs everything without crediting (and flat out makes up trade rumors for follows). Here is where he stole the Kirk tweet from:

https://twitter.com/Kyle_Odegard/status/...8456115201

Kirk AND Juju would be...not good but not awful. I would love that it would give us some flexibility to take BAP at 33 instead of forcing it like we're basically going to have to do right now.

I am glad that the Bucs are going to save us from the Jensen mistake. 

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1503215095316373507

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2022, 11:53 PM by D6. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-13-2022, 11:22 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 11:05 PM)D6 Wrote: What were the other Steelers WR aDOTs, in comparison? 

I'm wondering if the physical throwing limitations of the Steelers QBs in the 2021 season and the Steelers pass blocking issues contributed heavily to Juju'S low number?

Ben definitely contributed last year and probably the year before that, but they have been miniscule Juju's entire career.

At least part of the reason why I believe Juju might have more playing speed than given credit for is this play from his rookie season. It changed the complexion of the game and possibly much more. Juju was the youngest player in the NFL in October, 2017.  He is just entering what should be his prime seasons.

JuJu Smith-Schuster Blasts Off for 97-Yd Catch-'n-Run TD! | Can't-Miss Play | NFL Wk 8 Highlights - YouTube

(03-13-2022, 11:48 PM)D6 Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 11:22 PM)Upper Wrote: Ben definitely contributed last year and probably the year before that, but they have been miniscule Juju's entire career.

At least part of the reason why I believe Juju might have more playing speed than given credit for is this play from his rookie season. It changed the complexion of the game and possibly much more. Juju was the youngest player in the NFL in October, 2017.  He is just entering what should be his prime seasons.

JuJu Smith-Schuster Blasts Off for 97-Yd Catch-'n-Run TD! | Can't-Miss Play | NFL Wk 8 Highlights - YouTube

Once he got into Tik Tok, his play went completely downhill. His head isn't in the game. I want someone who is committed to football.

(03-14-2022, 12:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 11:48 PM)D6 Wrote: At least part of the reason why I believe Juju might have more playing speed than given credit for is this play from his rookie season. It changed the complexion of the game and possibly much more. Juju was the youngest player in the NFL in October, 2017.  He is just entering what should be his prime seasons.

Once he got into Tik Tok, his play went completely downhill. His head isn't in the game. I want someone who is committed to football.

Commitment and focus concerns regarding Juju are why he probably won't get close to the contract offers that reflect his football abilities.  Even some teams in need of major help at WR will pass on him.  What should be Juju's prime seasons won't be unless he realizes the urgency he must approach his NFL playing career.

Perform tiktok dancers to disorientate the opponent whilst on field

Genius move

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022, 06:01 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-13-2022, 11:40 PM)Upper Wrote: Please stop posting that trash twitter account that RTs everything without crediting (and flat out makes up trade rumors for follows).  Here is where he stole the Kirk tweet from:

https://twitter.com/Kyle_Odegard/status/...8456115201

Kirk AND Juju would be...not good but not awful. I would love that it would give us some flexibility to take BAP at 33 instead of forcing it like we're basically going to have to do right now.

I am glad that the Bucs are going to save us from the Jensen mistake. 

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1503215095316373507

How did they get it from him when they tweeted it way before?  Lol.  Looks like he stole it from them.  Where is his source?  Let's see... 80k+ followers vs 16 k followers lol

It'd funny to call one a trash account and say it doesn't post a source. Then post a guys tweet without a source with a 5th of the followers who posted it after them lol

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022, 08:49 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/150334492...nsKj7Ka5UA

33 and next year's 2nd plus Shenault for Adams. Shenault would be great with Rodgers

So now Demetrius says he expects 16M per year for Kirk. Crazy that we, or someone else, is going to be THAT desperate.

(03-14-2022, 08:49 AM)Upper Wrote: So now Demetrius says he expects 16M per year for Kirk. Crazy that we, or someone else, is going to be THAT desperate.

Hopefully we don't do that.  We need to upgrade other positions in FA and attack WR in the draft

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022, 08:53 AM by Cleatwood.)

(03-14-2022, 08:49 AM)Upper Wrote: So now Demetrius says he expects 16M per year for Kirk. Crazy that we, or someone else, is going to be THAT desperate.
I think a lot of people are going to come around on Kirk. He's only 25 and I think his best football is still ahead of him.

(03-14-2022, 08:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/150334492...nsKj7Ka5UA

33 and next year's 2nd plus Shenault for Adams.  Shenault would be great with Rodgers
The Packers would laugh in your face. Shenault isn't good.

(03-14-2022, 08:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
I think a lot of people are going to come around on Kirk. He's only 25 and I think his best football is still ahead of him.

(03-14-2022, 08:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/150334492...nsKj7Ka5UA

33 and next year's 2nd plus Shenault for Adams.  Shenault would be great with Rodgers

I think Shenault would be good with Rodgers.  The only reason Shenault wasn't good last years is because of his drops, which thatbwasnt an issue his rookie year.  If Shenault fixes that problem with his hands he could be damn good because he can get open and is a beast with the ball in his hands.  You could use him some at RB as well.  What do you think Adams market is then if he were to be traded?

(03-14-2022, 08:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

I defended Kirk when it first came out that he was going to get 12M+ and certain people said that was crazy for a #3 WR who can only play the slot. 16M is a different story though. That's desperation level money, but I don't disagree...we are absolutely desperate.

(03-14-2022, 08:56 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 08:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think a lot of people are going to come around on Kirk. He's only 25 and I think his best football is still ahead of him.

I think Shenault would be good with Rodgers.  The only reason Shenault wasn't good last years is because of his drops, which thatbwasnt an issue his rookie year.  If Shenault fixes that problem with his hands he could be damn good because he can get open and is a beast with the ball in his hands.  You could use him some at RB as well.  What do you think Adams market is then if he were to be traded?
First, he isn't getting traded. He's going to get a big contract.

Second, any conversation that doesn't include a first rounder is laughable. He's most likely the best WR in football.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022, 09:35 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

The Packers would laugh at that offer.

That would be stupid! He's not that much better than what we have now.

(03-14-2022, 08:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 08:56 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Shenault would be good with Rodgers.  The only reason Shenault wasn't good last years is because of his drops, which thatbwasnt an issue his rookie year.  If Shenault fixes that problem with his hands he could be damn good because he can get open and is a beast with the ball in his hands.  You could use him some at RB as well.  What do you think Adams market is then if he were to be traded?

Second, any conversation that doesn't include a first rounder is laughable. He's most likely the best WR in football.

Agreed. He'll be a Packer. Rodgers didn't come back, only to lose his main target.

(03-14-2022, 09:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

The Packers would laugh at that offer.

That would be stupid! He's not that much better than what we have now.

(03-14-2022, 08:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: First, he isn't getting traded. He's going to get a big contract.

Agreed. He'll be a Packer. Rodgers didn't come back, only to lose his main target.

Yup. Now MVS and Lazard or RFAs plus the TE Tonyan as well. Get some of them for way less

(03-14-2022, 08:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 08:56 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Shenault would be good with Rodgers.  The only reason Shenault wasn't good last years is because of his drops, which thatbwasnt an issue his rookie year.  If Shenault fixes that problem with his hands he could be damn good because he can get open and is a beast with the ball in his hands.  You could use him some at RB as well.  What do you think Adams market is then if he were to be traded?

33 is pretty much a first rounder.  I through in anther 2nd as well.  I don't think a team gives up 2 1sts for a WR that turns 30 this year

Agreed.  This would be the new definition of desperation for an NFL team that gives Christian Kirk a contract that's reflective of a $16M per year multi-year contract. 

While I believe a contract of this magnitude would be risky to give D.J. Chark, comparably speaking, it makes more sense to give Chark this contract than Kirk.  Even with Chark's injury history.

I wanted Ogbah and Noteboom. Damn.