Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags FA talk and Signings

(03-14-2022, 10:58 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 10:53 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Proof? or just making stuff up like always?
Reports had Jags offering 4th and 6th; Browns gave up a fifth

So no proof! gotcha
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2022, 10:45 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 10:41 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Is Kirk not better than anyone we currently have under contract?  If he is, that’s an upgrade. 

Baalke screwed the pooch on the Cooper trade. That’s one of the reasons we are where we are.
Fiction. Jags' offer was better.

If Jags offer was better then why would they have accepted the Browns offer?!

(03-14-2022, 10:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 10:41 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Is Kirk not better than anyone we currently have under contract?  If he is, that’s an upgrade. 

Baalke screwed the pooch on the Cooper trade. That’s one of the reasons we are where we are.

Better than anyone under contract? I don't know. I think he is comparable to Jamal Agnew, who was our best receiver until he got hurt. Better than most of the guys we have? Yes, but not by that much. It's a minimal difference and not enough to really move the needle. Is that worth cutting into our cap? I don't think so. 

I want someone significantly better. He doesn't have to be Davante Adams type better, but someone who can come in and be a legitimate #1. I'm not hearing any names that make me think of a #1 WR. 

You're completely right. Baalke did "screw the pooch" on the Cooper trade. Getting him would've given Lawrence a legitimate #1 target. He may not be a Justin Jefferson type #1 WR, but he was light years better than anyone else that is available in free agency. I don't care what his cap number was, he would've been worth it.
Jags offered more. I don't know what you want. Just going to illogically blame Baalke for everything I see, which is pretty damn shallow.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022, 11:03 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(03-14-2022, 11:02 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 10:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Better than anyone under contract? I don't know. I think he is comparable to Jamal Agnew, who was our best receiver until he got hurt. Better than most of the guys we have? Yes, but not by that much. It's a minimal difference and not enough to really move the needle. Is that worth cutting into our cap? I don't think so. 

I want someone significantly better. He doesn't have to be Davante Adams type better, but someone who can come in and be a legitimate #1. I'm not hearing any names that make me think of a #1 WR. 

You're completely right. Baalke did "screw the pooch" on the Cooper trade. Getting him would've given Lawrence a legitimate #1 target. He may not be a Justin Jefferson type #1 WR, but he was light years better than anyone else that is available in free agency. I don't care what his cap number was, he would've been worth it.
Jags offered more. I don't know what you want. Just going to illogically blame Baalke for everything I see, which is pretty damn shallow.

No, they didn't. Bring proof or shut up.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(03-14-2022, 10:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Better than anyone under contract? I don't know. I think he is comparable to Jamal Agnew, who was our best receiver until he got hurt. Better than most of the guys we have? Yes, but not by that much. It's a minimal difference and not enough to really move the needle. Is that worth cutting into our cap? I don't think so. 

https://twitter.com/PFF_Fantasy/status/1...o_F71Z6KPA

Not a single player on the Jags can do this. Watch the little double move he put on this dude. Again, Kirk is only 25 and has gotten better each season.

(03-14-2022, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 10:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Better than anyone under contract? I don't know. I think he is comparable to Jamal Agnew, who was our best receiver until he got hurt. Better than most of the guys we have? Yes, but not by that much. It's a minimal difference and not enough to really move the needle. Is that worth cutting into our cap? I don't think so. 

Not a single player on the Jags can do this. Watch the little double move he put on this dude. Again, Kirk is only 25 and has gotten better each season.

Bad throw by Murray there. Imagine what he could do with someone that can actually throw the ball

(03-14-2022, 11:03 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 11:02 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Jags offered more. I don't know what you want. Just going to illogically blame Baalke for everything I see, which is pretty damn shallow.

No, they didn't. Bring proof or shut up.
Dilla tweeted it. Maybe his facts were full of holes.

I have said I am worried about Arob, but I like Arob at ~20M more than Kirk at ~16M.

https://twitter.com/clayharbs82/status/1...7049708544

(03-14-2022, 11:29 AM)Upper Wrote: I have said I am worried about Arob, but I like Arob at ~20M more than Kirk at ~16M.

Let's do both!

(03-14-2022, 11:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 11:29 AM)Upper Wrote: I have said I am worried about Arob, but I like Arob at ~20M more than Kirk at ~16M.

Let's do both!

I'm not necessarily against that, but we don't have that much cap left after tagging Cam and this eats like 2/3 of that if not more. I don't want to start structuring backloaded deals that will have us in trouble when it comes time to extend Trevor.

(03-14-2022, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

You're gonna cherry pick one play? He was extremely inconsistent. I'd rather have a receiver that can consistently move the chains 10-12 yards than have a guy who can get deep and make a big play every once in a great while, but disappears most of the time. This team needs consistency at the WR position. We don't have a single WR who can routinely get open and move the chains. I'm not talking about getting some superstar WR either. If we could just get someone like a Robert Woods or Amari Cooper type, I'd be thrilled. There isn't those types of WR's in this free agent class.

(03-14-2022, 08:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: There are like 4 threads all discussing the same thing essentially. Since today will be a busy day, let's keep it all in one place. The legal tampering period begins today at noon so there will be lots of information (and misinformation) swirling.

Enjoy it! The offseason is the best part!

meh.

I expect lots of updates, but it will likely be guys signing with other teams.
Can't wait till we sign the next Roy Roy Robertson.

(03-14-2022, 11:45 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_Fantasy/status/1...o_F71Z6KPA

You're gonna cherry pick one play? He was extremely inconsistent. I'd rather have a receiver that can consistently move the chains 10-12 yards than have a guy who can get deep and make a big play every once in a great while, but disappears most of the time. This team needs consistency at the WR position. We don't have a single WR who can routinely get open and move the chains. I'm not talking about getting some superstar WR either. If we could just get someone like a Robert Woods or Amari Cooper type, I'd be thrilled. There isn't those types of WR's in this free agent class.
Buddy. They need both types of receivers.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022, 11:48 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

We could've had Amari Cooper at $20 million. He's worlds better than either one. Why would we refuse to take on Cooper's contract, but pay a far inferior Allen Robinson the same money? That is stupid.

(03-14-2022, 11:34 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 11:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Let's do both!

I'm not necessarily against that, but we don't have that much cap left after tagging Cam and this eats like 2/3 of that if not more. I don't want to start structuring backloaded deals that will have us in trouble when it comes time to extend Trevor.

Agreed I LOATHE backloaded deals. Front load them so they are easier to get out of, if the guy doesn't live up to expectation.

(03-14-2022, 11:45 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_Fantasy/status/1...o_F71Z6KPA

Kirk has better numbers than Woods did his first four years.  What's to say he can't make a jump?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2022, 11:57 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-14-2022, 11:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 11:45 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You're gonna cherry pick one play? He was extremely inconsistent. I'd rather have a receiver that can consistently move the chains 10-12 yards than have a guy who can get deep and make a big play every once in a great while, but disappears most of the time. This team needs consistency at the WR position. We don't have a single WR who can routinely get open and move the chains. I'm not talking about getting some superstar WR either. If we could just get someone like a Robert Woods or Amari Cooper type, I'd be thrilled. There isn't those types of WR's in this free agent class.
Buddy. They need both types of receivers.

A receiver like Kirk can only be successful if a consistent possession receiver can draw coverage underneath. He had that in Arizona with Hopkins and he was still extremely inconsistent. Kirk is basically a smaller version of Jalen Guyton.

(03-14-2022, 11:50 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 11:45 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You're gonna cherry pick one play? He was extremely inconsistent. I'd rather have a receiver that can consistently move the chains 10-12 yards than have a guy who can get deep and make a big play every once in a great while, but disappears most of the time. This team needs consistency at the WR position. We don't have a single WR who can routinely get open and move the chains. I'm not talking about getting some superstar WR either. If we could just get someone like a Robert Woods or Amari Cooper type, I'd be thrilled. There isn't those types of WR's in this free agent class.

Kirk has better numbers than Woods did his first four years.  What's to say he can't make a jump?

Because he will be going from a team where he had one of the top 3 WR's in the NFL on the other side of him to coming here and having no help what so ever.

(03-14-2022, 11:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 11:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Buddy. They need both types of receivers.

A receiver like Kirk can only be successful if a consistent possession receiver can draw coverage underneath. He had that in Arizona with Hopkins and he was still extremely inconsistent. Kirk is basically a smaller version of Jalen Guyton.

(03-14-2022, 11:50 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Kirk has better numbers than Woods did his first four years.  What's to say he can't make a jump?

Because he will be going from a team where he had one of the top 3 WR's in the NFL on the other side of him to coming here and having no help what so ever.
Not true. In the games that Hopkins missed last season, Kirk did well.

(03-14-2022, 10:45 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote:

Fiction. Jags' offer was better.

Dodged a bullet. Cooper is like Keenan McCardell, a great route running possession receiver, but you don't want to pay him Jimmy Smith money.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-14-2022, 12:01 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 10:45 AM)JaggedSioux Wrote: Fiction. Jags' offer was better.

Dodged a bullet. Cooper is like Keenan McCardell, a great route running possession receiver, but you don't want to pay him Jimmy Smith money.

So you'd rather have the garbage WR's left in free agency? That won't help at all. I'd kill to have a player like Keenan McCardell was in his prime.

So I agree that the Jags need to improve WR no matter what. But don't Kirk, Juju, and Marvin Jones all have a similar skill set and route tree?