Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hutchinson Thread (merged)

(03-30-2022, 07:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 07:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Is this supposed to be high or low?  It all makes sense now

Well, he's saying that some scouts (according to Brugler) think Thib's is going to struggle in the NFL.
At least that's my take on it. I mean, we all know how Beasley turned out. 

Might explain some of the board climbing Walker has done lately.

Beasley led the league in sacks (yes the sacks to pressures ratio was inflated by a decent amount but it was still really darn good, and he also did it as the main guy getting attention not the 4th or 5th guy like Fowler) and then tore his hamstring in half and didn't have the same burst after having surgery on it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-30-2022, 10:05 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 07:59 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Well, he's saying that some scouts (according to Brugler) think Thib's is going to struggle in the NFL.
At least that's my take on it. I mean, we all know how Beasley turned out. 

Might explain some of the board climbing Walker has done lately.

Beasley led the league in sacks (yes the sacks to pressures ratio was inflated by a decent amount but it was still really darn good, and he also did it as the main guy getting attention not the 4th or 5th guy like Fowler) and then tore his hamstring in half and didn't have the same burst after having surgery on it.
Beasley was never that good, his sack number was very inflated and was a huge liability in the run game, just a couple reason why Atlanta didn't want to keep him and why he had a problem finding any team that even wanted him, kinda like Yawn, (although he isnt as food as Yawn) Fowler tore his ACL in the first spring practice of his rookie year and missed his while rookie season which I think was a big part of why his career has turned out the way it has.  I wanted Cooper, even though I didn't think we needed WR at the time because we just had 2 WRs that broke 1000 yards but I felt he was the best player in the draft.  Who was the last player that missed his whole rookie year because of injury that turned out to be good?

(03-30-2022, 10:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 10:05 AM)Upper Wrote: Beasley led the league in sacks (yes the sacks to pressures ratio was inflated by a decent amount but it was still really darn good, and he also did it as the main guy getting attention not the 4th or 5th guy like Fowler) and then tore his hamstring in half and didn't have the same burst after having surgery on it.
Beasley was never that good, his sack number was very inflated and was a huge liability in the run game, just a couple reason why Atlanta didn't want to keep him and why he had a problem finding any team that even wanted him, kinda like Yawn, (although he isnt as food as Yawn) Fowler tore his ACL in the first spring practice of his rookie year and missed his while rookie season which I think was a big part of why his career has turned out the way it has.  I wanted Cooper, even though I didn't think we needed WR at the time because we just had 2 WRs that broke 1000 yards but I felt he was the best player in the draft.  Who was the last player that missed his whole rookie year because of injury that turned out to be good?
Doesn't sound good for ETN then.....

(03-30-2022, 10:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 10:05 AM)Upper Wrote: Beasley led the league in sacks (yes the sacks to pressures ratio was inflated by a decent amount but it was still really darn good, and he also did it as the main guy getting attention not the 4th or 5th guy like Fowler) and then tore his hamstring in half and didn't have the same burst after having surgery on it.

Atlanta didn't want to keep him because he wasn't the same player after coming back from a completely torn hamstring. A torn hamstring for a guy who relies on his elite elite burst is a way bigger deal than routine torn ACL recovery. I also don't care that a nearly elite pass rusher is bad vs the run, that's like 5% of his job.

I really don't get how you have this compulsatory obsession with trying to knock Beasley every time his name comes up, because somehow it makes your biases feel better that at least he didn't turn into a superstar because we missed on Fowler. It's very unhealthy man.

(03-30-2022, 10:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 10:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Beasley was never that good, his sack number was very inflated and was a huge liability in the run game, just a couple reason why Atlanta didn't want to keep him and why he had a problem finding any team that even wanted him, kinda like Yawn, (although he isnt as food as Yawn) Fowler tore his ACL in the first spring practice of his rookie year and missed his while rookie season which I think was a big part of why his career has turned out the way it has.  I wanted Cooper, even though I didn't think we needed WR at the time because we just had 2 WRs that broke 1000 yards but I felt he was the best player in the draft.  Who was the last player that missed his whole rookie year because of injury that turned out to be good?
Doesn't sound good for ETN then.....

Agreed, hopefully he can break the streak

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 11:05 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-30-2022, 10:34 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 10:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Beasley was never that good, his sack number was very inflated and was a huge liability in the run game, just a couple reason why Atlanta didn't want to keep him and why he had a problem finding any team that even wanted him, kinda like Yawn, (although he isnt as food as Yawn) Fowler tore his ACL in the first spring practice of his rookie year and missed his while rookie season which I think was a big part of why his career has turned out the way it has.  I wanted Cooper, even though I didn't think we needed WR at the time because we just had 2 WRs that broke 1000 yards but I felt he was the best player in the draft.  Who was the last player that missed his whole rookie year because of injury that turned out to be good?

Atlanta didn't want to keep him because he wasn't the same player after coming back from a completely torn hamstring. A torn hamstring for a guy who relies on his elite elite burst is a way bigger deal than routine torn ACL recovery. I also don't care that a nearly elite pass rusher is bad vs the run, that's like 5% of his job.

I really don't get how you have this compulsatory obsession with trying to knock Beasley every time his name comes up, because somehow it makes your biases feel better that at least he didn't turn into a superstar because we missed on Fowler. It's very unhealthy man.

Neither were good even though hurts you for some reason and your love for Beasley.   It just is what it is.  Even before the injury he wasn't playing good.  He had the year with a high sack number and that was about it, not to mention getting bullied in the run game.  He recovered and got his burst back and teams still didn't want him, he just wasnt very good.  Its funny that you still think he was good, I know you really wanted him but it would of been a miss just like Fowler and Atlanta I'm sure regrets the pick.  We passed on Cooper because we had Hurns and A Rob, we went for need.

Only a person who doesn't actually know the game could possibly watch Beasley pre hamstring tear and post hamstring tear and say Beasley got his burst back.

I don't even know what you mean by had his year with a high sack number and that was about it. In his 2nd season he led the entire league in sacks, and then he tore his hamstring at the very beginning of the next season.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 12:02 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-30-2022, 11:18 AM)Upper Wrote: Only a person who doesn't actually know the game could possibly watch Beasley pre hamstring tear and post hamstring tear and say Beasley got his burst back.

I don't even know what you mean by had his year with a high sack number and that was about it. In his 2nd season he led the entire league in sacks, and then he tore his hamstring at the very beginning of the next season.

I remember the Falcons fans were even complaining about his play and how he was a bust and his sack number was inflated.  It was a slight tear actually and he just wasnt very good.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...95NCj2EApw

He was out a month

Oh, well if the fans said so! I said his sack number was a little inflated. His pressure to sack ratio was something like 5:1 and a stable number is around 7:1 (Fowlers was something bonkers like 2.5:1 fwiw). He probably wouldn't have had many if any more league leading sack seasons, but he was comfortably going to be a 12-13 sacks a year type of guy.

(03-30-2022, 01:21 PM)Upper Wrote: Oh, well if the fans said so! I said his sack number was a little inflated. His pressure to sack ratio was something like 5:1 and a stable number is around 7:1 (Fowlers was something bonkers like 2.5:1 fwiw). He probably wouldn't have had many if any more league leading sack seasons, but he was comfortably going to be a 12-13 sacks a year type of guy.

Lolol.  It was a fluke sack number, dude wasn't close to a 12-13 sack a year guy. Not to mention he was a huge liability if it wasn't 3rd and long.  I didn't realize you still think he was good.  I thought everyone already figured that out.

(03-30-2022, 01:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 01:21 PM)Upper Wrote: Oh, well if the fans said so! I said his sack number was a little inflated. His pressure to sack ratio was something like 5:1 and a stable number is around 7:1 (Fowlers was something bonkers like 2.5:1 fwiw). He probably wouldn't have had many if any more league leading sack seasons, but he was comfortably going to be a 12-13 sacks a year type of guy.

Lolol.  It was a fluke sack number, dude wasn't close to a 12-13 sack a year guy. Not to mention he was a huge liability if it wasn't 3rd and long.  I didn't realize you still think he was good.  I thought everyone already figured that out.

I think he was an extremely good pass rusher when he was literally the most explosive EDGE of all time. Then he got hurt and wasn't the same guy.

If you want to try to say he wasn't good because he had relied on being the best athlete on the field for his whole life and he hadn't developed more moves or something then whatever I won't argue with that, but before the hamstring injury it is very disingenuous to say he wasn't very, very good.

(03-30-2022, 01:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Come on now.

You do the same with players who are clearly bad in the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2022, 02:55 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-30-2022, 01:55 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 01:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lolol.  It was a fluke sack number, dude wasn't close to a 12-13 sack a year guy. Not to mention he was a huge liability if it wasn't 3rd and long.  I didn't realize you still think he was good.  I thought everyone already figured that out.

I think he was an extremely good pass rusher when he was literally the most explosive EDGE of all time. Then he got hurt and wasn't the same guy.

If you want to try to say he wasn't good because he had relied on being the best athlete on the field for his whole life and he hadn't developed more moves or something then whatever I won't argue with that, but before the hamstring injury it is very disingenuous to say he wasn't very, very good.

He's just another of the many examples where being a great athlete doesn't make you a great football player.  I even thought he would better than he was but I was wrong on him.

(03-30-2022, 01:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 01:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lolol.  It was a fluke sack number, dude wasn't close to a 12-13 sack a year guy. Not to mention he was a huge liability if it wasn't 3rd and long.  I didn't realize you still think he was good.  I thought everyone already figured that out.
Come on now.

Ok Robin

(03-30-2022, 01:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Come on now.

You do the same with players who are clearly bad in the NFL   aren't in the NFL anymore. 

fxd

[Image: 1642364623619?e=1654128000&v=beta&t=V9ij...LGpCTJIsLQ]

(03-30-2022, 02:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 01:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Come on now.

Ok Robin
I knew this would be your response lol

Predictable.

https://youtu.be/qFZ15oR-V9M
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Blah.

Such a boring person and such a boring "highlight" reel.

(03-30-2022, 04:27 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Blah.

Such a boring person and such a boring "highlight" reel.

Exactly. That dude has too much time on his hands to create a podcast series about Hutch.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Hutch is going to be very good