Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The first pick have anyone else upset?

Question 

If we really reach for Walker at one I am going to be very very unhappy.  What do you guys feel
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-19-2022, 12:03 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: If we really reach for Walker at one I am going to be very very unhappy.  What do you guys feel

I feel like there isn't a clear number one pick, and there isn't great value at the top of this draft - that's fine, it happens, we got the clear number one pick last year. I don't think drafting Walker would be 'really reaching' - there are plenty of people out there who think he deserves to be drafted first. I'm going to trust the staff to do their due diligence on this one and pick whoever they think will give the best returns. A real reach would be taking a WR at #1 (or a running back, or a punter...)

I'd take Hutchinson, Any of the OT's, and Keyvon over Walker. In fact I would take the Ga DT, Walker's team mate over Walker. Walker is a workout warrior with little to no production who played with a group of studs.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

Yes athleticism is important but if that does not correlate to production on the field, why does it matter? After all, everyone in the NFL is a freak athlete. For example, Leon Jacobs was swole but that obviously didn't mean anything to Derrick Henry when he tossed him around like a baby. It would be a reach taking Walker at one. But I am putting my trust in our coaching staff because they seem competent now (I hope).

I'm going to have to agree. It would be a mistake to grab anyone but Hutchinson with the first pick. He's exactly what this team needs. If we are trying to change the culture of this team, you grab the guy with the ridiculous motor who doesn't stop when on the field. I would love to trade out of the spot, but I don't know how feasible that is.

(04-19-2022, 12:03 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: If we really reach for Walker at one I am going to be very very unhappy.  What do you guys feel

He'll be a bust like Dante Fowler - teams reaching based on his combine results.

They say he's good against the run.  They dude played with a star studded DLine at UGA and is only 276 pounds.  He can't line up at DT in the NFL so he'll need to come off the edge.  Apparently, he's not good with his hands, doesn't have any rush moves other than bull rush, and he doesn't get into the backfield often.  Sounds like a perfect fit for the Jags under their prior GMs but hopefully not this one.

Winning strategy - watch the darft at the bar with friends.

I ain't gonna worry about it. I'll be having a good time that night, regardless.

So long as they don't take a QB, there's very few guys that are worth wetting the bed over.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2022, 02:19 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

If we take Walker, I'm.......

[Image: 5638513-hulk%20car%20kick.gif]

(04-19-2022, 12:06 PM)iapetus Wrote:

I feel like there isn't a clear number one pick, and there isn't great value at the top of this draft - that's fine, it happens, we got the clear number one pick last year. I don't think drafting Walker would be 'really reaching' - there are plenty of people out there who think he deserves to be drafted first. I'm going to trust the staff to do their due diligence on this one and pick whoever they think will give the best returns. A real reach would be taking a WR at #1 (or a running back, or a punter...)

He's never played 3-4 OLB, he's a 3-4 DE. You don't draft 3-4 DE's in round 1.

I dont reckon we will go for walker

More chance of us snagging ekonwu (hopefully i spelled that correctly)

Than walker imo...however im preety confident we will get hutch

Hope hutch is coming home. We need a steady presence at De opposite Allen for the next 5 plus years

Anyone other than Hutch or Neal I will be a little upset

I can’t believe that Baalke is gonna screw up another pick by reaching for Walker. Hutchinson has it NOW,. Walker doesn’t get to the QB like Hutchinson does and is still raw. If he does that, he’s done in this league as a GM. It’s an easy pick, Hutchinson!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(04-20-2022, 09:10 AM)Ronster Wrote: I can’t believe that Baalke is gonna screw up another pick by reaching for Walker. Hutchinson has it NOW,. Walker doesn’t get to the QB like Hutchinson does and is still raw. If he does that, he’s done in this league as a GM. It’s an easy pick, Hutchinson!!

Hutchinson beat people that will never, ever see a Sunday in a football uniform.

He's going to be an average coverage sack guy. High motor, no real effect.

(04-20-2022, 09:27 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 09:10 AM)Ronster Wrote: I can’t believe that Baalke is gonna screw up another pick by reaching for Walker. Hutchinson has it NOW,. Walker doesn’t get to the QB like Hutchinson does and is still raw. If he does that, he’s done in this league as a GM. It’s an easy pick, Hutchinson!!

Hutchinson beat people that will never, ever see a Sunday in a football uniform.

He's going to be an average coverage sack guy. High motor, no real effect.

I disagree. Regardless, he’s still better than Walker and the way he plays, he would be a nightmare for for offenses with him on the other side of Allen. The kid has skills and plays with intensity.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Can someone give me a good reason so many people feel certain Baalke is selecting Walker?

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2022, 10:11 AM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-20-2022, 09:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Can someone give me a good reason so many people feel certain Baalke is selecting Walker?

More and more pre-draft chatter, with many mocking Walker to the Jags. So called people in the know, say that Baalke loves Walkers measurables…

Don’t put it past Baalke to screw up an easy pick.

https://www.nfl.com/news/peter-schrager-...-down-on-d

(04-20-2022, 09:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Can someone give me a good reason so many people feel certain Baalke is selecting Walker?

I really don't think he'll draft Walker. I refuse to believe anyone would be that clueless. Maybe I'm being willfully ignorant, but I still believe Hutchinson will be the pick. It's just too perfect a fit. I'm still hoping for a trade down though. I just don't think it will happen.

this board will go nuts when jags darft a b this year with the first pick,or a player no one has even heard of.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2022, 09:26 AM by Mikey.)

because mockdarftblog.com senior analyst Bort McPoodlebrain said so in his latest write up

Folks are acting like Walker is the next Taven Bryan. I guess they need outraeg in their lives for sustenance.

(04-20-2022, 10:10 AM)Ronster Wrote:

More and more pre-draft chatter, with many mocking Walker to the Jags. So called people in the know, say that Baalke loves Walkers measurables…

How many times do we need to say it.

bloggers/journalists/talking heads on TV all get paid not by accuracy, but by eyes focused on their blatherings.

If they post a weekly mock for two straight months and every single week it's the same pick, who's going to click through, tune in, or post links on team message boards?

They are ENTERTAINMENT. Read them, laugh at them, and move on.

(04-21-2022, 09:23 AM)Mikey Wrote:

because mockdarftblog.com senior analyst Bort McPoodlebrain said so in his latest write up

Folks are acting like Walker is the next Taven Bryan. I guess they need outraeg in their lives for sustenance.

(04-20-2022, 10:10 AM)Ronster Wrote: More and more pre-draft chatter, with many mocking Walker to the Jags. So called people in the know, say that Baalke loves Walkers measurables…

How many times do we need to say it.

bloggers/journalists/talking heads on TV all get paid not by accuracy, but by eyes focused on their blatherings.

If they post a weekly mock for two straight months and every single week it's the same pick, who's going to click through, tune in, or post links on team message boards?

They are ENTERTAINMENT. Read them, laugh at them, and move on.

Ahh, i hadn't factored in McPoodlebrain's analysis.

Makes sense now.