Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Roe vs Wade

Move this or close if needed, couldn't find where it was previously being talked about.

Alito's draft opinion was leaked to Politico saying they are overturning it and sending it back to the states and representatives.

1st time in history a draft opinion is leaked and at least printed and reported openly on. I think this was done to try and change votes. Look for Roberts and the newcomers to be targeted by protesters.

Going to probably get ugly quickly in DC.

Dems also could be looking for a way to try and stop the bleeding in midterms.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is going to get real ugly.

The first action is to find out who leaked this and nail them to the wall. This sets a very dangerous precedent for activism.

Dems are running out of issues to use to deflect thier failures. They know this will galvanize thier base. All about saving thier hides for 2022 midterms.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Bad precedent for certain on releasing a draft. Who knows if its legit anyway. If they are making Roe vs Wade a states rights issue, that would be surprising to me.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Hope it's true but yea very strange it's being leaked ahead of time
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2022, 06:13 AM by Jag88.)

The draft appears to be true. This could be huge for the midterms. Who will it help? Who will it hurt?

This is such a great coincidence. Probably the only issue that would mobilize the Democratic base comes across the Supreme Court before midterms.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2022, 08:32 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

Republican Presidential candidates have promised this for 40 years. How can anyone be surprised that it's finally happening? The 5 votes were there when Obama was President.
Hopefully this ruling will make people pay more attention to their governor and state legislature.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Finally..
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Should have always have been a states rights issue.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-03-2022, 09:38 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Should have always have been a states rights issue.

It defaults to a state by state issue, however, Congress has always had the power to outlaw abortion in all 50 states, and also the power to overrule abortion bans in all 50 states.
However action at the federal level is unlikely in the short term, Senators seem to want it to be a state by state issue.

Great knowing the 10th amendment doesn't really matter. lol

IT SHOULDN'T BE A FEDERAL OR STATE ISSUE. EVER. IT'S A PERSONAL ISSUE.

And I agree with whoever said the person who leaked this should be nailed to a wall. Dangerous precedent is an understatement. The leftists are bound and determined to destroy this country by any means necessary.

Jonathan Turley was addressing the leak and says the person who did this, if found, is facing certain professional ruin and perhaps criminal charges. While the leak itself may not be illegal, if the FBI starts asking those with access if they were responsible for the leak and deny it, they are facing criminal charges for lying to investigators. Someone hung it wayyy out there to commit this.

(05-03-2022, 10:09 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Great knowing the 10th amendment doesn't really matter. lol

Commerce clause.  Crossing state lines to obtain an abortion is commerce.

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2022, 12:08 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-03-2022, 11:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Jonathan Turley was addressing the leak and says the person who did this, if found, is facing certain professional ruin and perhaps criminal charges. While the leak itself may not be illegal, if the FBI starts asking those with access if they were responsible for the leak and deny it, they are facing criminal charges for lying to investigators. Someone hung it wayyy out there to commit this.

They'll never work in any official capacity for any judge or prosecutor or legal firm ever again, but they will get a book deal and 15 minutes of fame on cable news.

We also can't discount the possibility that it was one of the justices themselves.  Either a liberal justice hoping to change a conservative justice's vote, or an indecisive conservative justice hoping to gauge public reaction before committing to a decision.  Would 67 senators vote to convict and remove a judge who leaked their own deliberations? Doubtful.

(05-03-2022, 11:17 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: IT SHOULDN'T BE A FEDERAL OR STATE ISSUE. EVER. IT'S A PERSONAL ISSUE.

And I agree with whoever said the person who leaked this should be nailed to a wall. Dangerous precedent is an understatement. The leftists are bound and determined to destroy this country by any means necessary.

If only 100% of people agreed with you, everybody could have an abortion, and nobody would fight about it.
Or if 100% of people disagreed with you, nobody could legally have an abortion but also nobody would fight about it.
But this is a 50/50 thing and we have to fight, unfortunately. As Michael Douglas said in The American President, "America isn't easy. America is Advanced Citizenship. You've got to want it bad because it's going to put up a fight."

Turley mentioned disbarment for the offender. The possibility is there for a judge but it would be slim.

(05-03-2022, 11:56 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 10:09 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Great knowing the 10th amendment doesn't really matter. lol

Commerce clause.  Crossing state lines to obtain an abortion is commerce.

That should be eliminated.

Anything committed in one state can be done in another with no trouble or hardship.

Back in the day it'd be days on horseback.. now it's just a couple hours in a car.

(05-03-2022, 12:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 11:56 AM)mikesez Wrote: Commerce clause.  Crossing state lines to obtain an abortion is commerce.

That should be eliminated.

Anything committed in one state can be done in another with no trouble or hardship.

Back in the day it'd be days on horseback.. now it's just a couple hours in a car.

Have fun storming that castle!