Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TV Shows

We finished the first season of "From" on Epix. This is an obvious LOST clone in many ways (in fact the producers were some of the producers from LOST and Harold Perrineau has a lead role). It has a similar vibe. There's even a "hatch". You'd think it would be boring because of all that but although the themes are similar, it's just different enough to be interesting. A little inconsistent but I'm looking forward to the second season.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I could have really liked the Lakers series on HBO but they turned the whole thing into a silly cartoon. The cast is really, really good though.

(06-02-2021, 07:47 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 06:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If you're into Amazon's "Bosch" series season seven premiers 25 June. I love this show and the books the series is based on so I'm a happy camper. Solid writing, directing and acting. Hopefully they don't get stupid with Covid and other issues. I expect they'll address these things but hopefully it doesn't veer away from the main storylines from the books.

Yeah I really like that one, looking forward to the next season. We are catching up on Goliath too which I would put in a similar category.

Dude, there is a continuation of the Bosch series on Prime/Freevee. It's called Bosch: Legacy. I don't know if you ever finished the original series so I don't want to say much. I just watched the first episode and it was good.

My wife and I binged The Ozarks.. Wow.. What a great show. Wish I didn't start watching it until the series ended. Now we have to wait until next season.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(05-14-2022, 12:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: My wife and I binged The Ozarks.. Wow.. What a great show. Wish I didn't start watching it until the series ended. Now we have to wait until next season.
Ozarks is absolutely fantastic.

Shame it’s over but it was a great ride. Ruth is the best.

(05-14-2022, 01:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-14-2022, 12:33 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: My wife and I binged The Ozarks.. Wow.. What a great show. Wish I didn't start watching it until the series ended. Now we have to wait until next season.
Ozarks is absolutely fantastic.

I absolutely hated their little [BLEEP] son right up to the last scene of the entire show. 

As sad as I was to see it end, It was one of the few shows that wrapped up and left a feeling of satisfaction that too many shows fall short of achieving.

(05-13-2022, 08:07 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 07:47 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Yeah I really like that one, looking forward to the next season. We are catching up on Goliath too which I would put in a similar category.

Dude, there is a continuation of the Bosch series on Prime/Freevee. It's called Bosch: Legacy. I don't know if you ever finished the original series so I don't want to say much. I just watched the first episode and it was good.

I'll definitely have to check that out. I really enjoyed that series.

(05-14-2022, 01:48 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(05-14-2022, 01:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Ozarks is absolutely fantastic.

I absolutely hated their little [BLEEP] son right up to the last scene of the entire show. 

As sad as I was to see it end, It was one of the few shows that wrapped up and left a feeling of satisfaction that too many shows fall short of achieving.

"Bosch" actually finished the original series better than any I've seen and could have hoped for. Color me surprised when they started a new series following Bosch and his daughter.

(05-15-2022, 12:15 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-14-2022, 01:48 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: I absolutely hated their little [BLEEP] son right up to the last scene of the entire show. 

"Bosch" actually finished the original series better than any I've seen and could have hoped for. Color me surprised when they started a new series following Bosch and his daughter.

Really?!? I need to give it a shot then, I actually watched a few season of that but the wife never got into it so sort of piddled out for me. I did really enjoy it, so I may give it a second shot just to see it through.

I finished "Winning Time:The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty". At first I didn't like it, the way it is shot is a bit farcical (think of a bizarre mix of The Office and Boogie Nights with numerous instances of characters breaking the fourth wall) but after awhile it starts to grow on you. The actors they found to play the main characters were amazing in how well they captured the real people. Also it's the first sports movie or series I've ever watched where the games actually looked real. It was kinda freaky.

If you were an NBA fan back in the 70s and 80s like I was it is fascinating. And I say that as a Celtics fan back then. (They aren't particularly kind in how they represent that organization even though there is some truth to a lot of it).

A lot of the people portrayed have been critical of the series which I assume means it's hitting close to home. I'll be interested to see if they do a second season.

Has anyone been watching Better Call Saul? It’s interesting to me because I liked Breaking Bad so much but it’s a good thing this is the last season. These actors are really showing their age.

I still don’t understand how Tony Dalton hasn’t become a big time actor. That guy is good.

(05-16-2022, 07:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Has anyone been watching Better Call Saul? It’s interesting to me because I liked Breaking Bad so much but it’s a good thing this is the last season. These actors are really showing their age.

I still don’t understand how Tony Dalton hasn’t become a big time actor. That guy is good.

Dalton is great. 

If they waited any longer, it would have been hard to believe this as a prequel given the aging of several actors. 

Fun fact: If you like Jonathan Banks in these series, be sure to rewatch Beverly Hills Cop sometime to see one of his early roles. 
I happened to catch 30 min of it recently and recognized his facial expressions in a much younger actor, sure enough it was him. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=251Hj6dsNlc

(05-16-2022, 08:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 07:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Has anyone been watching Better Call Saul? It’s interesting to me because I liked Breaking Bad so much but it’s a good thing this is the last season. These actors are really showing their age.

Dalton is great. 

If they waited any longer, it would have been hard to believe this as a prequel given the aging of several actors. 

Fun fact: If you like Jonathan Banks in these series, be sure to rewatch Beverly Hills Cop sometime to see one of his early roles. 
I happened to catch 30 min of it recently and recognized his facial expressions in a much younger actor, sure enough it was him. 

He was also in Airplane!

https://youtu.be/ZJh50eWKfy0

(05-16-2022, 08:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 08:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Dalton is great. 

He was also in Airplane!

https://youtu.be/ZJh50eWKfy0

HAHA!

I liked Breaking Bad but haven't watched that one. I might tryit at some point.

(05-15-2022, 11:22 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(05-15-2022, 12:15 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: "Bosch" actually finished the original series better than any I've seen and could have hoped for. Color me surprised when they started a new series following Bosch and his daughter.

Really?!? I need to give it a shot then, I actually watched a few season of that but the wife never got into it so sort of piddled out for me. I did really enjoy it, so I may give it a second shot just to see it through.

If you never read the books the satisfaction level might not be on par with those who have but I still think it's the best series finale of any show I've watched. 

I started reading the books late 90s or early 00s and always wanted a series made and it turned out better than I thought it would. Never saw Titus Welliver as Bosch but he definitely made the character.

F is for Family is pretty damn awesome..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Season 4 of Stranger Things,

All the internet memes are spot on.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(05-30-2022, 05:09 AM)captivating Wrote: Season 4 of Stranger Things,

All the internet memes are spot on.

I watched episode two last night. Decent so far. One thing I have always not liked about the show is they have too much going on at one time. Too many characters doing too many things. It's more obvious now than in S1&2 because several characters are now separated geographically in the storyline. It makes my head swim. 

The weirdest thing for me to get over is those boys hadn't quite hit puberty yet in season three so seeing and hearing them in S4 is throwing me off. Especially the kid who plays Lucas. Between his haircut, his growth spurt and his deeper voice I barely recognized him. 

Filming S3 and S4 three years apart definitely made a difference. Damn COVID.

I will say this about ST. I get why they have Eleven being bullied (to provoke a response) but as someone who was bullied in school those scenes are hard to watch. I wasn't harassed quite that hard but it wasn't pleasant either. And it was in the 80s so I'm feeling all the feels with the music, the clothing, hairstyles, etc.

Oh, and the Ted Bundy reference had me. I went to the school he kidnapped Kimberly Leach from though it was about four years later.