Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About- Political Edition

Ban all cars that use high velocity fossil fuels.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Radical arrested attempting to kill Justice Kavanaugh.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/08/armed-ma...stice.html

"A California man armed with a handgun, a knife, pepper spray and burglary tools was arrested early Wednesday morning near the Maryland home of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, law enforcement authorities said.

The man, Nicholas John Roske, told police he was there to kill Kavanaugh, according to authorities."

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-08-2022, 02:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Radical arrested attempting to kill Justice Kavanaugh.

"A California man armed with a handgun, a knife, pepper spray and burglary tools was arrested early Wednesday morning near the Maryland home of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, law enforcement authorities said.

The man, Nicholas John Roske, told police he was there to kill Kavanaugh, according to authorities."

I wonder if he is a "radical right-wing white supremacist".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-08-2022, 02:54 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 02:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Radical arrested attempting to kill Justice Kavanaugh.

[Image: theworldmayneverknow-idk.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2022, 01:46 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(06-08-2022, 02:54 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Nah, it was probably one of those females he allegedly 'harassed' who is now either a man, or was in drag.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

When y'all get a chance you should watch Matthew McConaughey's speech he made at a White House press briefing after meeting with lawmakers regarding gun reform. He was very well spoken and had common sense things to say and he called out the media for being sensationalistic with their coverage of tragedies. He called out politicians on both sides for being more concerned with reelection than doing their jobs.

I got a bit emotional when he talked about how some of the kids killed in Uvalde were only identifiable by DNA thanks to the exit wounds from the high caliber rounds. I have to admit it made me think about the purpose of those type weapons in the hands of everyday citizens. The reality is that a lot of people own them that don't go out and commit mass murder.

(06-08-2022, 08:10 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: When y'all get a chance you should watch Matthew McConaughey's speech he made at a White House press briefing after meeting with lawmakers regarding gun reform. He was very well spoken and had common sense things to say and he called out the media for being sensationalistic with their coverage of tragedies. He called out politicians on both sides for being more concerned with reelection than doing their jobs.

I got a bit emotional when he talked about how some of the kids killed in Uvalde were only identifiable by DNA thanks to the exit wounds from the high caliber rounds. I have to admit it made me think about the purpose of those type weapons in the hands of everyday citizens. The reality is that a lot of people own them that don't go out and commit mass murder.

They don't.  They use them for lawful purposes including self defense, target shooting, hunting, and others.
And you never hear about it on the news.
And they could continue to do all of those things after getting their weapon rechambered to a 22LR or a 9x19.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-08-2022, 08:10 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: When y'all get a chance you should watch Matthew McConaughey's speech he made at a White House press briefing after meeting with lawmakers regarding gun reform. He was very well spoken and had common sense things to say and he called out the media for being sensationalistic with their coverage of tragedies. He called out politicians on both sides for being more concerned with reelection than doing their jobs.

Honestly, I think he could run for office if he was so inclined. I've heard him speak on various topics, and he's usually right on point, and usually seems to trend centrist, with a dash of Libertarianism. It's not like we haven't had actors in politics before.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(06-08-2022, 08:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 08:10 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: When y'all get a chance you should watch Matthew McConaughey's speech he made at a White House press briefing after meeting with lawmakers regarding gun reform. He was very well spoken and had common sense things to say and he called out the media for being sensationalistic with their coverage of tragedies. He called out politicians on both sides for being more concerned with reelection than doing their jobs.

They don't.  They use them for lawful purposes including self defense, target shooting, hunting, and others.
And they could continue to do all of those things after getting their weapon rechambered to a 22LR or a 9x19.

Those calibers would not be particularly effective against military opponents, so I'll keep my 5.56, 30.06, .45, 7mm, and 7.62 thanks.

(06-09-2022, 06:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 08:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: They don't.  They use them for lawful purposes including self defense, target shooting, hunting, and others.

Those calibers would not be particularly effective against military opponents, so I'll keep my 5.56, 30.06, .45, 7mm, and 7.62 thanks.

who exactly are you planning on using your guns against?
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

(06-09-2022, 01:45 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

Honestly, I think he could run for office if he was so inclined.  I've heard him speak on various topics, and he's usually right on point, and usually seems to trend centrist, with a dash of Libertarianism.  It's not like we haven't had actors in politics before.

I think he could too but he has said he has no interest in it. He would not be a popular choice for the swamp people and the left would skewer him. 

I read some of the comments (big mistake) from the video I watched of his speech and the left were saying, of course he wasn't actually emotional about the subject. He's an actor and was using it to come across as sincere. I'm sure those same idiots also think Amber Heard was sincere in her testimony and not acting at all. And the dumb cow 'journalist' who immediately asked him if, or maybe why he was being melodramatic in his speech. There is no hope for humanity with people like this procreating.

I love this stuff. 

Gov. Ron DeSantis to WaPo, ‘legacy media’ after ‘smear’ attempt: ‘We don’t care what you think anymore’ | Fox News

...DeSantis also called out media for continuing to push hit pieces against his administration.

"I think what we need to understand is that these legacy D.C. and New York outlets – we don’t care what you think anymore. We know you peddle narratives. We know you lie. We know you don’t care about the facts. And so you can try to smear me or anyone in my administration all you want to. All that’s going to do is embolden us to continue moving forward for the people in Florida," DeSantis said...

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2022, 09:37 AM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(06-09-2022, 06:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 08:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: They don't.  They use them for lawful purposes including self defense, target shooting, hunting, and others.

That's exactly the point.  The second amendment is about your right to defend yourself augment the military and police if needed.  It was not contemplated that you would be against them.

(06-09-2022, 09:05 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I love this stuff. 

Gov. Ron DeSantis to WaPo, ‘legacy media’ after ‘smear’ attempt: ‘We don’t care what you think anymore’ | Fox News

...DeSantis also called out media for continuing to push hit pieces against his administration.

"I think what we need to understand is that these legacy D.C. and New York outlets – we don’t care what you think anymore. We know you peddle narratives. We know you lie. We know you don’t care about the facts. And so you can try to smear me or anyone in my administration all you want to. All that’s going to do is embolden us to continue moving forward for the people in Florida," DeSantis said...

Probably an overreaction by DeSantis, but WaPo did not need to publish that story.  
If a person forgets to file the appropriate paperwork, but files it immediately when reminded, that's not news.
WaPo should focus on the news.
However it was certainly the case that 20 years ago a legal technicality exposed by MSM could derail your whole political career. Thankfully people are sick of this now.

[Image: FU0RojLWAAI2Lhq?format=jpg&name=small]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-09-2022, 09:32 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 06:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Those calibers would not be particularly effective against military opponents, so I'll keep my 5.56, 30.06, .45, 7mm, and 7.62 thanks.

That's exactly the point.  The second amendment is about your right to defend yourself augment the military and police if needed.  It was not contemplated that you would be against them.
(06-09-2022, 09:32 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 06:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Those calibers would not be particularly effective against military opponents, so I'll keep my 5.56, 30.06, .45, 7mm, and 7.62 thanks.

What are you talking about? The founding fathers didn't contemplate a revolution against the standing government? You think that was out of bounds to them?

(06-09-2022, 11:59 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 09:32 AM)mikesez Wrote: That's exactly the point.  The second amendment is about your right to defend yourself augment the military and police if needed.  It was not contemplated that you would be against them.
(06-09-2022, 09:32 AM)mikesez Wrote: That's exactly the point.  The second amendment is about your right to defend yourself augment the military and police if needed.  It was not contemplated that you would be against them.

What are you talking about? The founding fathers didn't contemplate a revolution against the standing government? You think that was out of bounds to them?

He's just going to keep digging in with that nonsense. We all know the point was that the People keep the government in check, he just thinks they only meant is was to be done peacefully. How you do that peacefully when they have the power to ignore you is another matter, but fortunately our massively armed population doesn't really have to worry about that.

(06-09-2022, 01:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 11:59 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: What are you talking about? The founding fathers didn't contemplate a revolution against the standing government? You think that was out of bounds to them?

He's just going to keep digging in with that nonsense. We all know the point was that the People keep the government in check, he just thinks they only meant is was to be done peacefully. How you do that peacefully when they have the power to ignore you is another matter, but fortunately our massively armed population doesn't really have to worry about that.

Dude’s a straight up contrarian. Don't fall into the trap like I did. He'll dance around the subject like Gene Kelly danced with Jerry..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(06-09-2022, 11:59 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 09:32 AM)mikesez Wrote: That's exactly the point.  The second amendment is about your right to defend yourself and augment the military and police if needed.  It was not contemplated that you would be against them.

If you read the declaration of Independence, it repeatedly says that the King and his governors were usurping the authority of the elected colonial legislatures.  Which is why those legislatures got together and made the continental congress.  Which is why state militias were so important to them.  Plus, read what the original post Independence constitutions of MA, PA, and NC have to say about why most people get to keep their guns.

(06-09-2022, 11:28 AM)Ronster Wrote: [Image: FU0RojLWAAI2Lhq?format=jpg&name=small]

I don't know who those other people are but Matthew McConaughey actually had a solid reason for being there and spoke very well.

(06-09-2022, 02:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 11:28 AM)Ronster Wrote: [Image: FU0RojLWAAI2Lhq?format=jpg&name=small]

I don't know who those other people are but Matthew McConaughey actually had a solid reason for being there and spoke very well.

LOL..... NO, Screw that guy, he is a freaking ACTOR. I don't give a flip what he thinks.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"