Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(07-26-2022, 10:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 01:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:  
And that’s your answer right there!

If it was me and my family, I’d be on board with that reasoning. But she’s very close to her family.

Sounds as if she doesn't like change. She could be in peace if it weren't for you, Mr. Mover Arounder.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2022, 05:20 PM by RicoTx.)

…and while we’re at it.  40 days of triple digit temperatures this year and 19 in a row.  It MAY get down to 99 on Saturday.  They’re saying by the end of the summer this should end up the second or third most triple digit days in a year.

…but it’s a dry heat.

(07-27-2022, 04:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 10:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote: If it was me and my family, I’d be on board with that reasoning. But she’s very close to her family.

Sounds as if she doesn't like change. She could be in peace if it weren't for you, Mr. Mover Arounder.
Maybe she just doesn’t want me to go with her?

But how could that be, with my rugged good looks, my delightful personality, and my untold wealth?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-27-2022, 05:17 PM)RicoTx Wrote: …and while we’re at it.  40 days of triple digit temperatures this year and 19 in a row.  It MAY get down to 99 on Saturday.  They’re saying by the end of the summer this should end up the second or third most triple digit days in a year.

…but it’s a dry heat.

(07-27-2022, 04:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Sounds as if she doesn't like change. She could be in peace if it weren't for you, Mr. Mover Arounder.
Maybe she just doesn’t want me to go with her?

But how could that be, with my rugged good looks, my delightful personality, and my untold wealth?
Lucky bastard.  Tell me your secret!

(07-26-2022, 10:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 01:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:  
And that’s your answer right there!

If it was me and my family, I’d be on board with that reasoning. But she’s very close to her family.

Maybe she’s still close to them because she doesn’t live near them.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I haven't been able to grill out in a few years and was starting to miss being able to so......Found this little dude on Amazon for like $30 and got it...... It's 14", perfect for 1 person that lives in an apartment with a small patio...... I'll break it in tomorrow, I have some chicken breast and some Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce to coat them with......

[Image: IMG_0632_1_.JPG]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(07-27-2022, 07:09 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 10:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote: If it was me and my family, I’d be on board with that reasoning. But she’s very close to her family.

Maybe she’s still close to them because she doesn’t live near them.

One of the keenest insights in adult woman/parent relationships I've seen. My wife is always in a great mood right up until she talks to her mom and sister (they live in Texas) on the phone. After that the day is shot. And because the two in Texas are in a co-dependent relationship they want to talk/text/snap all day long EVERY DAY. I mean, they sit in the same room texting and snapping each other. It's unhealthy and It really strains my household.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

So I have some electricians coming out within the next couple of weeks. Gonna have them wire up my backyard in 220 for a hot tub.. Now once I have that wired up, I'm either going to have a company come out and either pour me maybe a 12×12 concrete slab or some pavers.. I'm a little skeptical with pavers as they can crack, settle further into the ground and so on.. Anyone here have a hot tub? And if so, what are you using as a hot tub pad?

I've seen those thick hot tub mats they have, it's supposed to be much cheaper than concrete or pavers, but are they reliable? Not very aesthetic looking though.

Any ideas?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

There was a tournament this morning so I played in the heat of the afternoon.  Had an 87.  Finished par, par, par, birdie for 39 on the back.

It’s got me so stoked I’m going to play again in the morning.

I’ll probably suck.

And Winger, you get someone to lay the pavers properly and they’ll look a lot better than a slab and they’ll be fine.  We had our driveway and back patio done in Fruit Cove and after three years of pretty heavy use they looked like new.

(07-28-2022, 12:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So I have some electricians coming out within the next couple of weeks. Gonna have them wire up my backyard in 220 for a hot tub.. Now once I have that wired up, I'm either going to have a company come out and either pour me maybe a 12×12 concrete slab or some pavers.. I'm a little skeptical with pavers as they can crack, settle further into the ground and so on.. Anyone here have a hot tub? And if so, what are you using as a hot tub pad?

I've seen those thick hot tub mats they have, it's supposed to be much cheaper than concrete or pavers, but are they reliable? Not very aesthetic looking though.

Any ideas?
I second Rico’s paver suggestion.  Hire a reputable company and it’ll be fine.  Besides, pavers look so much nicer and not that big of a price difference.  If you’re in green cove, I may know a guy.  He did our back patio and I think he is from over there.  He was busy enough that he couldn’t do the work we wanted in the front about a year later.  But if y’all are near..he may.  If you want, I can text him and pm you his number if he’s able.  Does fantastic work.  If I knew how to post a pic on here I’d pm you what he did for us.  If you do go the paver route, I highly recommend having them use polymeric sand.  Some companies will do it, others won’t.  It’ll harden like concrete between the joints.  Otherwise, you’ll be “weeding your patio”. Also, pro tip: don’t edge it with an edger.  It’ll eventually tear up the concrete holding the edges in thus leading to an eyesore.  Use the string trimmer.

(07-28-2022, 12:48 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: So I have some electricians coming out within the next couple of weeks. Gonna have them wire up my backyard in 220 for a hot tub.. Now once I have that wired up, I'm either going to have a company come out and either pour me maybe a 12×12 concrete slab or some pavers.. I'm a little skeptical with pavers as they can crack, settle further into the ground and so on.. Anyone here have a hot tub? And if so, what are you using as a hot tub pad?

Any ideas?

I texted my guy, check your PM

(07-28-2022, 09:04 PM)Jags Wrote:

Any ideas?

I texted my guy, check your PM

Gracias amigo!!!

And the wife said pavers.. So that be the route we go..

(07-28-2022, 06:18 PM)Jags Wrote:

Any ideas?
I second Rico’s paver suggestion.  Hire a reputable company and it’ll be fine.  Besides, pavers look so much nicer and not that big of a price difference.  If you’re in green cove, I may know a guy.  He did our back patio and I think he is from over there.  He was busy enough that he couldn’t do the work we wanted in the front about a year later.  But if y’all are near..he may.  If you want, I can text him and pm you his number if he’s able.  Does fantastic work.  If I knew how to post a pic on here I’d pm you what he did for us.  If you do go the paver route, I highly recommend having them use polymeric sand.  Some companies will do it, others won’t.  It’ll harden like concrete between the joints.  Otherwise, you’ll be “weeding your patio”. Also, pro tip: don’t edge it with an edger.  It’ll eventually tear up the concrete holding the edges in thus leading to an eyesore.  Use the string trimmer.

I find it a little disturbing that someone agrees with me.  Please don’t do that again.

(07-28-2022, 09:38 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(07-28-2022, 06:18 PM)Jags Wrote: I second Rico’s paver suggestion.  Hire a reputable company and it’ll be fine.  Besides, pavers look so much nicer and not that big of a price difference.  If you’re in green cove, I may know a guy.  He did our back patio and I think he is from over there.  He was busy enough that he couldn’t do the work we wanted in the front about a year later.  But if y’all are near..he may.  If you want, I can text him and pm you his number if he’s able.  Does fantastic work.  If I knew how to post a pic on here I’d pm you what he did for us.  If you do go the paver route, I highly recommend having them use polymeric sand.  Some companies will do it, others won’t.  It’ll harden like concrete between the joints.  Otherwise, you’ll be “weeding your patio”. Also, pro tip: don’t edge it with an edger.  It’ll eventually tear up the concrete holding the edges in thus leading to an eyesore.  Use the string trimmer.

I find it a little disturbing that someone agrees with me.  Please don’t do that again.

Lol.  You shouldn’t find it disturbing that someone agrees with you, you should find it disturbing that someone as messed up as I am agrees with you.  But in this case, I think we’re right.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2022, 10:26 AM by Mikey.)

(07-25-2022, 07:16 PM)Jags Wrote: I’ve learned not to [BLEEP] about the heat.  Anytime I ever did the reply I got from my dad was “You haven’t experienced heat until you’ve been to Vietnam.  Uh… thank you dad for bettering my childhood more than you had.  As well as serving the country.  Im in a better position thanks to your apparent miserable time at war.  All I can say is heat is relative, father.  And the heat I’m experiencing is obviously on the higher side that “I” have had to endure…. Thanks again, btw if I didn’t mention that earlier.  Is this a good time to remind you that you’re on blood thinners, thus making it feel slightly better to you? No? Ok.

Yeah, I just keep my mouth shut now

That's a story time waiting to happen, I think.

But yeah, after spending three days basically "at leisure" in a slow roast in shadeless, wind-less environs with limited cool hydration available I've realized I'm too old to find cooking myself pleasurable. All respect to you for making a living in the heat.

(07-25-2022, 09:57 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Conspiracy Theory time..

I'm firmly starting to believe this one.. I'm starting to think that Taco Bell uses a specific system for their drive thru portion of the restaurant. I think that no matter what you order, you're going to get the wrong items..

Now, hear me out.. What if they just make random foods and throw it in your bag and weigh the bag before they hand it to you.. Like, they have a scale system of some sorts. If you purchase $10 worth of food, they start loading random food into your bag until it reaches $10 worth it's weight in Taco Bell..

Thoughts?

"It's all the same food in a different wrapper, and looks the same on the way out as it did on the way in"

I've heard legend of the Pope Yes karma, but this one is new to me. I must be completely neutral with the universe, because the karma has never blessed me or cursed me, always end up with exactly what I order.

(07-28-2022, 08:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-27-2022, 07:09 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Maybe she’s still close to them because she doesn’t live near them.

One of the keenest insights in adult woman/parent relationships I've seen. My wife is always in a great mood right up until she talks to her mom and sister (they live in Texas) on the phone. After that the day is shot. And because the two in Texas are in a co-dependent relationship they want to talk/text/snap all day long EVERY DAY. I mean, they sit in the same room texting and snapping each other. It's unhealthy and It really strains my household.

oh boy, this is like the entire cluster of aunts, cousins and such-in-law down south. They see drama as sustenance. Like they have to live out their favorite daytime TV shows or something. The parents I didn't think were THAT bad, then they moved nearby and have grown more guanopsychotic by the day. You name the conspiracy, they've been subscribed to the newsletter for years. Think of the dumbest thing you can do with your savings, they put a down payment on it last month.

Cold front today.  Its only going to be 97.  

I may need a jacket.

I just watched a Shark Week episode staring Steve Irwin's boy.. Damn, that kid is the spittin image of his pops.. Looks and sounds just like Steve.. I loved watching The Croc Hunter when he was alive. Great show.. His son is just like him. The same energy and knowledge.. It's like The Croc Hunter reborn..

I mowed the lawn around 10:30 this morning and sweated my rear off. I want to do something but I’m askeered to go back outside.

(07-30-2022, 06:13 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I mowed the lawn around 10:30 this morning and sweated my rear off. I want to do something but I’m askeered to go back outside.

Drink a few brews and get a pizza or something........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."