Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(08-13-2022, 07:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It's about time. We had a cold front come in and the temp is 82° with 30% humidity and the dew point is 49°. We've been at upper 90s with humidity in the 80% range and the dew point at mid-70s making temps uncomfortable.

It actually feels awesome outside. Finally!

82 and 30%… I’ll give ya a dolla’.  Let’s make this happen!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-13-2022, 07:33 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 07:30 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It's about time. We had a cold front come in and the temp is 82° with 30% humidity and the dew point is 49°. We've been at upper 90s with humidity in the 80% range and the dew point at mid-70s making temps uncomfortable.

It actually feels awesome outside. Finally!

82 and 30%… I’ll give ya a dolla’.  Let’s make this happen!

Dude, the 'real feel' is two degrees cooler than the posted temperature. I live for this kind of weather.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2022, 07:43 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-13-2022, 07:37 PM):)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 07:33 PM)Jags Wrote: 82 and 30%… I’ll give ya a dolla’.  Let’s make this happen!

Dude, the 'real feel' is two degrees cooler than the posted temperature. I live for this kind of weather.
Offer still stands, woman!  Big Grin

(08-13-2022, 07:42 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 07:37 PM):)americus 2.0 Wrote: Dude, the 'real feel' is two degrees cooler than the posted temperature. I live for this kind of weather.
Offer still stands, woman!  Big Grin

Let me get with my agent and see what shakes out.  Big Grin

I’m playing free golf again this morning.   Banana
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-15-2022, 08:29 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I’m playing free golf again this morning.   Banana

That’s a good deal, no matter how you slice it.

(08-13-2022, 08:43 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Get to do one of my all time favorite tasks today, cleaning out the gutters.

Ugh.

while you're up there, rip the gutters out and you never have this problem again

(08-15-2022, 01:26 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 08:43 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Get to do one of my all time favorite tasks today, cleaning out the gutters.

Ugh.

while you're up there, rip the gutters out and you never have this problem again

Plus it doesn’t rain there so the gutters are useless.

(08-15-2022, 02:05 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-15-2022, 01:26 PM)Mikey Wrote: while you're up there, rip the gutters out and you never have this problem again

Plus it doesn’t rain there so the gutters are useless.

I disagree.  They do a great job of catching leaves and those helicopters and fuzzy things that come off of the oaks.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-15-2022, 08:29 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I’m playing free golf again this morning.   Banana

I'm playing 36 tomorrow -  but it won't be free  Sad

Headed to the Braves/Mets game tonight in ATL  (also not free)

(08-15-2022, 09:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

That’s a good deal, no matter how you slice it.

A good dad joke from HB.  That’s par for the course.

I need sunglasses for work. My Sunny’s keep company with my hat, wallet and keys when not in use. I never leave without any of them. I get ready for work and go to pick up an employee. We leave and I go to put on my glasses. Not on my head. We go back to my place to grab them, real quick, but I can’t find them. I lost my Costas. I checked everywhere. Even in places they should never be. 30 minutes late on our route I call it. We go about our day. I finally said enough is enough after not having sunglasses. We break route and I buy another (more cooler pair). Guess what I found when I got home! Now I have 2 pairs!im not sure if I’m upset or not.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 05:35 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

American Airlines orders 20 Boom Supersonic passenger jets | Space

Supersonic travel may be back. 

American Airlines has agreed to buy 20 Boom Supersonic Overture passenger jets, which are expected to carry passengers at twice the speeds of conventional passenger aircraft.

The world's largest airline, American Airlines made a nonrefundable deposit of an undisclosed amount on 20 Overture aircraft from Denver-based aerospace manufacturer Boom Supersonic. The Overture is designed to fly at speeds of up to Mach 1.7, or around 1,227 mph (1,975 kph). (Mach 1 represents the speed of sound.) The jets are projected to have a range of over 4,890 miles (7,870 kilometers) and could carry between 65 and 80 passengers from Paris to Montreal in just 3 hours and 45 minutes, according to Boom Supersonic(opens in new tab)...

[Image: sN5wPjq8FgEZBq2Hxhrvqb-1200-80.jpg.webp]

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 06:31 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-16-2022, 05:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: American Airlines orders 20 Boom Supersonic passenger jets | Space

Supersonic travel may be back. 

American Airlines has agreed to buy 20 Boom Supersonic Overture passenger jets, which are expected to carry passengers at twice the speeds of conventional passenger aircraft.

The world's largest airline, American Airlines made a nonrefundable deposit of an undisclosed amount on 20 Overture aircraft from Denver-based aerospace manufacturer Boom Supersonic. The Overture is designed to fly at speeds of up to Mach 1.7, or around 1,227 mph (1,975 kph). (Mach 1 represents the speed of sound.) The jets are projected to have a range of over 4,890 miles (7,870 kilometers) and could carry between 65 and 80 passengers from Paris to Montreal in just 3 hours and 45 minutes, according to Boom Supersonic(opens in new tab)...

[Image: sN5wPjq8FgEZBq2Hxhrvqb-1200-80.jpg.webp]

That is pretty damned cool!  Nice to know if I ever leave the corridor I’m in.  Didn’t read the article, but one question I have is about the sonic boom.  Probably not much of an issue transatlantic, but will they go those speeds over land?   Isn’t there some sort of breaking windows law or does it matter at higher altitudes?

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 06:36 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Haven't seen anything like that since The Concorde..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 06:43 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-16-2022, 06:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Haven't seen anything like that since The Concorde..

Hence the story, bruh!

Science up!  Big Grin
(08-16-2022, 06:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Haven't seen anything like that since The Concorde..

Hence the story, bruh!

Science up!

I’m a moron. Just read it and move on.

(08-16-2022, 06:43 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m a moron. Just read it and move on.

Hey, no problem!! It's ok, we're all here with ya..

Don't forget your football helmet when you go to bed tonight lolol

(08-16-2022, 07:11 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 06:43 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m a moron. Just read it and move on.

Hey, no problem!! It's ok, we're all here with ya..

Don't forget your football helmet when you go to bed tonight 
I’ll try to remember.  Once, there was this time which I hit my head on the pillow. Concussed my [BLEEP] and I was loopy for days.  Btw, I’m going to tell the paver guy you were the one that hit that billion dollar lotto and to charge accordingly.

(08-16-2022, 07:21 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 07:11 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Hey, no problem!! It's ok, we're all here with ya..

Don't forget your football helmet when you go to bed tonight 
I’ll try to remember.  Once, there was this time which I hit my head on the pillow. Concussed my [BLEEP] and I was loopy for days.  Btw, I’m going to tell the paver guy you were the one that hit that billion dollar lotto and to charge accordingly.

I'll give him some of my tweeds.. he'll forget all about it bwahahahahaha

Prolly forget to do meh pavers too lol