Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Quote:Brown to Steelers for conditional draft pick.

What?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Going into this offseason we needed desperate help at

QB, RB, DE, C, OG, DB, RT

going into next offseason we still need desperate help at

QB, RB, DE, C, OG, RT

Brilliant!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Marks, Miller and Hayes do nothing to upgrade or help the front 7. Joeckel is replacing the one good OL we had, brilliant!

Here's a novel idea instead of replacing Knighton, Mosley, Smith and Monroe we should've replaced Alualu, Babin, Meester, and Rackley

Of the players you mentioned, only Meester was a free agent. 

Had they replaced Babin, Meester and Rackley but kept Landry, Knight and Mosley the team would still be terrible. And you'd have the same comments, just different names.

;

;

Quote:Of the players you mentioned, only Meester was a free agent. 

Had they replaced Babin, Meester and Rackley but kept Landry, Knight and Mosley the team would still be terrible. And you'd have the same comments, just different names.

False assumptions are fun but do nothing to devalue my argument.

Quote:Well his 0-4 Jaguars seem so much better.............guess we should just trust Caldwell then!

You're the one upset he didn't keep more Gene Smith players. 

;

;

Quote:False assumptions are fun but do nothing to devalue my argument.

Oh, my bad. I'm sure you would have been as cool as a cucumber. 

;

;

Quote:Oh, my bad. I'm sure you would have been as cool as a cucumber. 

You know you've lost the debate when your only responses are weak attempts at personal attacks on what I might or might not do in a hypothetical situation.

Quote:Brown to Steelers for conditional draft pick. 

Levi Brown's days in Arizona were numbered after St. Louis Rams RDE Robert Quinn had a field day with Brown in the 2013 season opener.     Brown gave up 3 sacks that afternoon.

When thinking of draft decisions teams very likely regret,   one that immediately comes to mind is the Cardinals passing on Adrian Peterson with pick # 5 in 2007.   Arizona  took Levi Brown instead..

Quote:Watch the middle of the line, we're getting gutted right up the middle by every RB. Marks is no upgrade if anything he's about the same as what we had last year.
Part of that falls on Poz since he's supposed to fill the gaps and stop that from happening. Marks has helped the pass-rush a lot more than either Knighton or Mosley ever did.

Quote:Levi Brown's days in Arizona were numbered after St. Louis Rams RDE Robert Quinn had a field day with Brown in the 2013 season opener.     Brown gave up 3 sacks that afternoon.

When thinking of draft decisions teams very likely regret,   one that immediately comes to mind is the Cardinals passing on Adrian Peterson with pick # 5 in 2007.   Arizona  took Levi Brown instead..
Well because you know, drafting an OL in the first round just makes your team an instant contender. Arizona knows just like the Jags and where is he now and where are they now? Sucksville. These organizations are the envy of the league you know.

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Quote:Levi Brown's days in Arizona were numbered after St. Louis Rams RDE Robert Quinn had a field day with Brown in the 2013 season opener.     Brown gave up 3 sacks that afternoon.

They also passed Patrick Willis and Derrelle Revis

Quote:Part of that falls on Poz since he's supposed to fill the gaps and stop that from happening. Marks has helped the pass-rush a lot more than either Knighton or Mosley ever did.

Fair enough, I won't deny the issues we have at LB either. But let's go back 10 months you have the option to either upgrade Alualu or Knighton who do you want replaced?

That's my point..............

Quote:Marks, Miller and Hayes do nothing to upgrade or help the front 7. Joeckel is replacing the one good OL we had, brilliant!

Here's a novel idea instead of replacing Knighton, Mosley, Smith and Monroe we should've replaced Alualu, Babin, Meester, and Rackley

Do you know what Dead Money is?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Do you know what Dead Money is?

Do you know how much cap space we have?

Don't give me the $$$ excuse we got plenty of cap space.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 04:43 PM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:Fair enough, I won't deny the issues we have at LB either. But let's go back 10 months you have the option to either upgrade Alualu or Knighton who do you want replaced?

That's my point..............

You really don't understand. One is a free agent and one is not. You upgrade the one that is a free agent.

;

;

Quote:You're right. We got someone with more skill than Monroe in the last draft.
We don't know that yet.  We got someone with potentially more skill than Monroe.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:Eugene Monroe is apparently a better player and worth more than JJ Watt then?
Yes because LT is a premium position. This is the mantra of all true fans and the Joker pick proves it amirite? And OL in mid rounds? That's just ludicrous. OL is so important that you need to spend top round picks on them. Duh guys.

A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Quote:You really don't understand. One is a free agent and one is not. You upgrade the one that is a free agent.

Alualu has 1 year left on his contract, stop reaching most of his salary has already been paid.

Quote:I'm confused. Is this a post from Mark Long and an opinion from flgators or is it all from Long?

And the conclusion doesn't seem particularly logical. Pure speculation.

Yes yes, something something ziggurat

Quote:This really shouldn't be that complicated guys.

You cannot dismiss that his contract is expiring, and that we're on our way to the first pick in the draft with, or without, his help over the next 12 games.

If you don't overpay him, he's gone after the next 12 games.  Or you let him go now, the outcome this year is exactly the same, and you have 2 more draft picks next year. 

Worried that we lost a tackle?  But wait!  We didn't spend 10 million dollars on Monroe, so we can now sign a FA RT and another player with that money.  Oh, and we still got two more mid round players.

Why are we upset again?
This sums it up.