Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 1 talk

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 10:23 PM by Caldrac.)

This has honestly been one of the more competitive, closely contested season openers I can recall from a long time. With only a few impressive outliers.

Those being mostly from the AFC. Buffalo owned L.A. Kansas City owned Arizona. Miami handled New England. Minnesotta owned Green Bay.

Everything else was close. Though tonight's game so far feels like a heavyweight bout where the veteran endurance begins to kick in on one side and the other tires out.

I hope it's like this all year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dak knocked out with a throwing hand injury.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 11:25 PM by mal234. Edited 1 time in total.)

A rough ending for Dallas tonight, with them losing and Dak having an injury. Their offense did not look good tonight, (especially at the QB position) and may be in even worse shape now if Dak misses extended time. I had actually thought even before tonight's game that they would be in danger and could end up third maybe even fourth in their division. With the way they were looking tonight, Dak's possible injury and the way that the Giants began the season that could very well happen.

Looks like kicking issues are not just our problem. That's comforting I guess?

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 11:27 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

All the camp reports of the Pats stinking have continued to look true. They stunk in the preseason and stunk it up today. Hopefully that continues all season long  Banana

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2022, 11:34 PM by mal234. Edited 1 time in total.)

According to local reporters Jerry Jones has just stated that Dak will require surgery for his hand and be out for several weeks. 

Mike Leslie on Twitter: "Jerry Jones just told reporters after tonight’s game that Dak Prescott will require surgery. He will be out for several weeks, according to Jones." / Twitter

That may be the Cowboys season right there. I wonder if they may try and get another QB before the trade deadline. I don't think that Cooper Rush is going to really help them if he stands in for Dak.

Horrible luck for America's team. Ouch. This should green light the runway now for the Eagles to completely take off with the NFC East.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 11:11 AM by Mikey.)

(09-11-2022, 07:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 07:18 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Is it too late to forfeit the season? Mahomes is going to own the afc for the forseeable future. Im actually aftaid of the records he will set against us when we play kc
Well, if you run the damn football and take control of the clock you can help yourself.

Arizona is overrated though. Not surprising Kansas City beat them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was told they are going to win the surperer bowel

(09-11-2022, 11:25 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: Looks like kicking issues are not just our problem.  That's comforting I guess?

...but all preseason we heard just how easy it was to find a kicker?

(09-11-2022, 11:34 PM)mal234 Wrote: According to local reporters Jerry Jones has just stated that Dak will require surgery for his hand and be out for several weeks. 

Mike Leslie on Twitter: "Jerry Jones just told reporters after tonight’s game that Dak Prescott will require surgery. He will be out for several weeks, according to Jones." / Twitter

That may be the Cowboys season right there. I wonder if they may try and get another QB before the trade deadline. I don't think that Cooper Rush is going to really help them if he stands in for Dak.

....that or do they shop Zeke? I know he and JJ have been at odds over pay and replaceability. Is there anyone that would take on his remaining contract?

I can't think of a QB who they would trade for, or who would be willing to trade with them...maybe Dalton? I want to say he spent a season or two as the backup there, so they already know what they are or aren't getting in him.

And no, snowy, the Iggles would never trade Minshew to the pokes.  Big Grin

I need Dk to go off tonight. Im down 13 points and DK is my last guy

Pats out here looking like the Jaguars Offense last year.  Laughing
https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/156...6542153728

Lots of boos when the Broncos took the field in Seattle. I'm sure most of that was aimed at Russell Wilson. I didn't realize Seattle fans were so crappy.

(09-12-2022, 08:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Lots of boos when the Broncos took the field in Seattle. I'm sure most of that was aimed at Russell Wilson. I didn't realize Seattle fans were so crappy.

https://twitter.com/SKProFootball/status...9316278273

(09-12-2022, 08:29 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 08:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Lots of boos when the Broncos took the field in Seattle. I'm sure most of that was aimed at Russell Wilson. I didn't realize Seattle fans were so crappy.

https://twitter.com/SKProFootball/status...9316278273

It's really a shame. You would think a fanbase would have more appreciation for the guy who took their team out of mediocrity and to the heights of success.

(09-12-2022, 08:40 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 08:29 PM)Eric1 Wrote: https://twitter.com/SKProFootball/status...9316278273

It's really a shame. You would think a fanbase would have more appreciation for the guy who took their team out of mediocrity and to the heights of success.

Yup especially when you barely ever seen people repping Seahawks gear etc. before Russ took over as QB and they started winning. Of course you had some of your old school fans that showed their support, but he brought a load of bandwagoners out of the wood work up here in Washington. I live a couple hours away from Seattle and 10 years ago vocal Hawks fans were few and far between. Now you see flags and stickers etc. ALL over the place.

Anyone watching this MNF game? Denver's offense doesn't look great..

(09-12-2022, 09:35 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Anyone watching this MNF game? Denver's offense doesn't look great..

No they don’t but i still have a little laugh every time Michael Jackson makes a play lol. Also I know most of T laws haters on here we’re griping over how long he held the ball, watch Russell, dude constantly holds the ball for 4+ seconds while letting plays develop.

Big stop by the Seattle Defense on 4th and goal at the 1 yard line.

Denver's defense getting serious.

Dk coughs it up. This is a good game