Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Etienne and Robinson Injury Update

(09-12-2022, 09:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 07:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, I figured you would dodge those questions
Ummm, the answers to your idiotic questions are "no, and no"

But please go on completely missing the point and being unrealistic about this football team.

So if we go out there and lose to the team we have beat 7 times in a row at home it can still be considered as improvement and heading in the right direction?  Lmao

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2022, 09:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 09:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ummm, the answers to your idiotic questions are "no, and no"

But please go on completely missing the point and being unrealistic about this football team.

So if we go out there and lose to the team we have beat 7 times in a row at home it can still be considered as improvement and heading in the right direction?  Lmao

It is absolutely possible, yes. 

A universe of variables exists outside your myopic focus on wins and losses. 

The wins will come if the team continues improving, but there is still much work to be done.
Individual players need to execute better and roster spots need to be upgraded before I "expect" wins.

At this stage the team has enough juice to scrape out 6 wins or so this year, but it's a fool's errand to guess which weeks they'll have fewer mistakes and get the W

(09-12-2022, 09:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ummm, the answers to your idiotic questions are "no, and no"

Every single season, you overrate how good this team actually is. Remember how you thought they would win 9 games with Minshew as the starter? Or how you predicted 10 wins or so this season.

You never have a realistic view of the teams you root for.

(09-12-2022, 08:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 08:25 AM)Mikey Wrote: So you're saying the productive mindset is that if it don't work this week, completely overhaul things?

Can you honestly say the reason we lost this week was solely playcalling?

There were some bone. headed. penalties that killed us. Maybe we should bench those fools and rely on their backups to carry the load.

[BLEEP] are you talking about?  Lol. There were a bunch of reasons we lost.  I noted 6 of them alone in the plus and minus thread

Quote:It makes me wonder if we should give Taylor a game for play calling duties.  Doug said in the offseason if he feels it would help the team he would do it

Caldrac preached patience and development, and you referred to it as a losing mindset.

I'll rephrase. Please elaborate the winning mindset, in light of the conversation regarding playcalling duty after week 1.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 10:03 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-12-2022, 09:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 09:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So if we go out there and lose to the team we have beat 7 times in a row at home it can still be considered as improvement and heading in the right direction?  Lmao

The wins will come if the team continues improving, but there is still much work to be done.
Individual players need to execute better and roster spots need to be upgraded before I "expect" wins.

At this stage the team has enough juice to scrape out 6 wins or so this year, but it's a fool's errand to guess which weeks they'll have fewer mistakes and get the W

Lololol,  wins and losses are what matters.  This is a win or loss business and you play to win the game.  So if we lose Sun we still might be showing progress?  Most people probably expect the Eagles and Chargers to beat us since they are a better team.  The Texans are a better team as well, they beat us twice last year and just tied the Colts.  That could be 0-5, would you still call that improvement as long as we keep it close?  At what point do you think we should start winning games?  We have a new coach but our QB isn't a rookie, it's his 2nd year

(09-12-2022, 08:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 08:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: not at all what was said.

I could understand this level of panic/frustration if we were a team like say, GB, who basically put a team out there with two time MVP and no WR and got thoroughly whooped for a full game. YES! Radical change is needed there, because their window is slamming shut. They need to worry about the now, and the down the road can sort itself out. 

News flash, we are not in the same boat as a GB. We're starting out. We're building. Give this team some time before you start slamming all the reset buttons within your reach.

"Building" ?  Lol so you don't expect us to win this week?  You think it's to early?  When do you think we should start winning games?  When you get your franchise QB, a SB winning coach, spend the most money in FA, draft 2 of the best players in the draft etc. I think we should beat a team like Wash.  Curious to see when you think we should start winning games?

I was on record multiple times in the lead-up to Sunday saying that I fully expected a close game, and that either team could win, but I also expected some stupid mistakes on the part of a young squad that hasn't played together for any significant period of time.

At this stage in our growth, I expect the team to be competitive. I was HOPEFUL for a win. At this point, I think that is the most we should be asking from a team that's won  4 of its past 34 games, has a completely new coaching staff, brought in a bunch of high dollar FA from other teams, and feature a roster peppered with rookies and second-year players.

Once we have a team that proves it is competitive and begins to consistently beat the teams it "should", then I could see expecting wins against teams that are either comparable or lesser to our own. We ain't KC. We're at the bottom, and still clawing our way up. We shouldn't expect to win against anyone at this point, unless somehow we schedule an exhibition against FAMU or some MACtion team.

(09-12-2022, 09:59 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 09:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: It is absolutely possible, yes. 

Lololol,  wins and losses are what matters.  This is a win or loss business and you play to win the game.  So if we lose Sun we still might be showing progress?  Most people probably expect the Eagles and Chargers to beat us since they are a better team.  The Texans are a better team as well, they beat us twice last year and just tied the Colts.  That could be 0-5, would you still call that improvement as long as we keep it close?  At what point do you think we should start winning games?  We have a new coach but our QB isn't a rookie, it's his 2nd year

Dude, it's been one game, and our team almost stole that one.  Why not wait until we're 0-5 before having the 0-5 temper tantrum?

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 10:29 AM by Mikey.)

Unless those rosters stay the same, I fail to see how games at least half a decade in the past shape your current evaluation.

Before Saturday, Ohio U's last matchup against Penn State was a 24-14 Bobcat win. Without looking, go ahead and predict what you think Saturday's score was.
(spoiler: It was not a Bobcat victory)

(09-12-2022, 09:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 09:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So if we go out there and lose to the team we have beat 7 times in a row at home it can still be considered as improvement and heading in the right direction?  Lmao

@We shoulda scheduled the Bills, because we'd certainly be able to hold the team that played Thursday to 6 points again.@

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 11:31 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-12-2022, 10:18 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 08:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: "Building" ?  Lol so you don't expect us to win this week?  You think it's to early?  When do you think we should start winning games?  When you get your franchise QB, a SB winning coach, spend the most money in FA, draft 2 of the best players in the draft etc. I think we should beat a team like Wash.  Curious to see when you think we should start winning games?

I was on record multiple times in the lead-up to Sunday saying that I fully expected a close game, and that either team could win, but I also expected some stupid mistakes on the part of a young squad that hasn't played together for any significant period of time.

At this stage in our growth, I expect the team to be competitive. I was HOPEFUL for a win. At this point, I think that is the most we should be asking from a team that's won  4 of its past 34 games, has a completely new coaching staff, brought in a bunch of high dollar FA from other teams, and feature a roster peppered with rookies and second-year players.

Once we have a team that proves it is competitive and begins to consistently beat the teams it "should", then I could see expecting wins against teams that are either comparable or lesser to our own. We ain't KC. We're at the bottom, and still clawing our way up. We shouldn't expect to win against anyone at this point, unless somehow we schedule an exhibition against FAMU or some MACtion team.
This is sad.  I pray our team and coach doesn't think like this and I would bet anything they don't.  I expect us to win Sunday, the team we have beat 7 years in a row.  I think we have much more talent than last year, I think we have a franchise QB, and also a SB winning coach.  Winning Sunday would be showing progress and moving forward and learning how to win.

(09-12-2022, 10:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 10:18 AM)Mikey Wrote: I was on record multiple times in the lead-up to Sunday saying that I fully expected a close game, and that either team could win, but I also expected some stupid mistakes on the part of a young squad that hasn't played together for any significant period of time.

This is sad.  I pray our team and coach doesn't think like this and I would bet anything they don't.  I expect us to win Sunday, the team we have beat 7 years in a row.  I think we have much more talent than last year, I think we have a franchise QB, and also a SB winning coach.  Winning Sunday would be showing progress and moving forward and learning how to win.
I think you're confusing wanting to win with expecting to win.

As fans, we want them to win every game but the Jags are still a bottom tier team so they won't be expected to win many games.

(09-12-2022, 10:27 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Unless those rosters stay the same
, I fail to see how games at least half a decade in the past shape your current evaluation.

Before Saturday, Ohio U's last matchup against Penn State was a 24-14 Bobcat win. Without looking, go ahead and predict what you think Saturday's score was.

(09-12-2022, 09:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: It is absolutely possible, yes. 

@We shoulda scheduled the Bills, because we'd certainly be able to hold the team that played Thursday to 6 points again.@

I actually think we are a more talented and a better team this year than we were last year and I don't think the Colts is any better.  We should win this game and continue our win streak at home against them for 8 years in a row

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 11:41 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-12-2022, 11:34 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 10:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is sad.  I pray our team and coach doesn't think like this and I would bet anything they don't.  I expect us to win Sunday, the team we have beat 7 years in a row.  I think we have much more talent than last year, I think we have a franchise QB, and also a SB winning coach.  Winning Sunday would be showing progress and moving forward and learning how to win.
I think you're confusing wanting to win with expecting to win.

As fans, we want them to win every game but the Jags are still a bottom tier team so they won't be expected to win many games.
No I'm not confusing the 2.  I want us to win every game. I expected them to beast Washington because I think we are the better team.  That's a game we should of won.  I expect us to beat the Colts for the 8th year in a row at home.  I don't expect us to beat the Chargers in LA, I think they are a better team in most areas and we will be across country.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2022, 10:26 PM by TheDuke007. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-12-2022, 10:27 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Unless those rosters stay the same, I fail to see how games at least half a decade in the past shape your current evaluation.

I agree.  I find his logic ridiculous.  Only six of our current starters were even on the team two years ago!  What relevance is a streak when it's mostly different players and a brand new coaching staff?  A voodoo Colts curse?

JRob and ETN had an almost even split # of reps in Sunday's game. 36 snaps for ETN (51% of the snaps) vs 34 snaps for JRob (49%). I'd imagine the even split will continue going forward.

(09-12-2022, 10:25 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 10:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: Unless those rosters stay the same, I fail to see how games at least half a decade in the past shape your current evaluation.

I agree.  I find his logic ridiculous.  Only six of our current starters were even on the team two years ago!  What relevance is a streak when it's mostly different players and a brand new coaching staff?  A voodoo Colts curse?
No our roster than same it's been the last few years it's much better imo.  I'd be more concerned about snapping the streak if we had the same roster

(09-13-2022, 06:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 10:25 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I agree.  I find his logic ridiculous.  Only six of our current starters were even on the team two years ago!  What relevance is a streak when it's mostly different players and a brand new coaching staff?  A voodoo Colts curse?
No our roster than same it's been the last few years it's much better imo.  I'd be more concerned about snapping the streak if we had the same roster

The colts didn't go crazy in FA like we did, but they added some upgrades. 
We don't know how we match up against their revamped secondary just yet. 
We definitely don't know how our OL will fair against their DL yet. 
We don't know what Ryan will be able to pull off with some new targets in a new scheme either. 

I just don't understand the "WE beat THEM 7 times..." mantra you are on. 

It's a different WE, and a different THEM.

(09-13-2022, 06:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-12-2022, 10:25 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I agree.  I find his logic ridiculous.  Only six of our current starters were even on the team two years ago!  What relevance is a streak when it's mostly different players and a brand new coaching staff?  A voodoo Colts curse?

Back on December 10, 2006 Fred Taylor and MJD combined for 375 yards rushing against the Colts.  With that in mind, we need to give Robinson and ETN at least 50 total carries.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2022, 12:00 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-13-2022, 11:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 06:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No our roster than same it's been the last few years it's much better imo.  I'd be more concerned about snapping the streak if we had the same roster

The colts didn't go crazy in FA like we did, but they added some upgrades. 
We don't know what Ryan will be able to pull off with some new targets in a new scheme either. 

Gilmore isn't the same player he was a few years ago.  If Leonard is out they are definitely a worse defense than last year.  Ryan is in a new scheme  that we should exploit.  Colts online isn't very good in pass pro and our pass rush should be able to get to him and force some errors.  We should have a better offense this year and Trevor in his 2nd year at home should be a little more accurate this week with the crowd behind him.  We should win this one and keep the streak alive

(09-13-2022, 11:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 06:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No our roster than same it's been the last few years it's much better imo.  I'd be more concerned about snapping the streak if we had the same roster

Back on December 10, 2006 Fred Taylor and MJD combined for 375 yards rushing against the Colts.  With that in mind, we need to give Robinson and ETN at least 50 total carries.

I don't think they had that many carries bit it wouldn't be a horrible idea to try to run it down their throats to open the play action

(09-13-2022, 11:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 11:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The colts didn't go crazy in FA like we did, but they added some upgrades. 

Gilmore isn't the same player he was a few years ago.  If Leonard is out they are definitely a worse defense than last year.  Ryan is in a new scheme  that we should exploit.  Colts online isn't very good in pass pro and our pass rush should be able to get to him and force some errors.  We should have a better offense this year and Trevor in his 2nd year at home should be a little more accurate this week with the crowd behind him.  We should win this one and keep the streak alive

(09-13-2022, 11:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Back on December 10, 2006 Fred Taylor and MJD combined for 375 yards rushing against the Colts.  With that in mind, we need to give Robinson and ETN at least 50 total carries.

I don't think they had that many carries bit it wouldn't be a horrible idea to try to run it down their throats to open the play action

Oddly enough, Alvin Pearman got 13 carries for 71 yards and Freddie T got 9 carries for 131 yards -- MJD got 15 carries for 166 yards.

I can only think that Jack Del Rio had Pearman on this fantasy football team.

(09-13-2022, 11:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 11:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The colts didn't go crazy in FA like we did, but they added some upgrades. 

OK, so you have some random speculations about why you think we should be expected to beat them. 

How did your speculations work out vs the commanders? 

You thought our OT's would hold up - you were wrong:
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1478807

You thought we'd have Carson Wentz running for his life - you were wrong:
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1478811

You thought their receivers were the only bad mismatch for us when their DL was clearly the greater mismatch for our OL 
https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1480146

Of course, later in the same thread you contradict yourself about their DL, so it's hard to know if you actually know how you thought the Jags would win that one.