Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Etienne and Robinson Injury Update

Apologies if covered elsewhere.

https://www.genjag.com/jacksonville-jagu...s-robinson

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good news about travis progressing along nicely

We need to draft or sign at least one RB.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-31-2022, 10:57 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: We need to draft or sign at least one RB.

Yep. 

Picks 157, 180, or 188 would be a good spot to draft one IMO.  
Just wait and see who falls that far that is rated well on your board.

Sounds like we need to bring Carlos Hyde back.

(03-31-2022, 12:51 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Sounds like we need to bring Carlos Hyde back.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-31-2022, 12:51 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Sounds like we need to bring Carlos Hyde back.

So long as we fire him the very next day, I am all for it.

(03-31-2022, 10:57 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: We need to draft or sign at least one RB.

Agreed.

We don't necessarily need to spend an early pick to get one, but wee could use a safeguard at the position.

I actually like Ryquell Armstead, so retaining him or signing a better vet than Carlos Hyde would be advisable, but we need another RB.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2022, 04:56 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(03-31-2022, 01:39 PM)Mikey Wrote:

So long as we fire him the very next day, I am all for it.

Can he officially retire as a Jag if he is brought back one more time? Ring of Honor!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-31-2022, 04:56 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-31-2022, 01:39 PM)Mikey Wrote: So long as we fire him the very next day, I am all for it.

Can he officially retire as a Jag if he is brought back one more time?  Ring of Honor!

Yes, send an invite to Carlos and Justin Blackmon so they can retire a Jag on the same day, unless Justin declares he's just not ready to make that announcement yet.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2022, 06:18 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

I know we are all rooting for this overreach #1 pick to be successful, but honestly I don't see him being anything more than TJ Yeldon part deux, especially after the injury. Sure, Etienne had more college career yards and TDs than Yeldon, but he wasnt sharing the rock with Derrick Henry for 2 years, and it was against lesser ACC competition. I'm getting the "Too few experienced eggs in one basket" feeling about this RB group. We could be looking at rookies and UDFA's carrying the water early in the year if things don't pan out. Maybe we pick up a veteran RB (not Carlos Hyde) after roster cutdowns.

(05-13-2022, 06:00 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:  Maybe we pick up a veteran RB (not Carlos Hyde) after roster cutdowns.

I still think Tebow can fit that all purpose RB-QB-TE position that we've been seeking.  His 3-cone shuttle 10 years ago was off the chart.

(05-13-2022, 06:00 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I know we are all rooting for this overreach #1 pick to be successful, but honestly I don't see him being anything more than TJ Yeldon part deux, especially after the injury. Sure, Etienne had more college career yards and TDs than Yeldon, but he wasnt sharing the rock with Derrick Henry for 2 years, and it was against lesser ACC competition. I'm getting the "Too few experienced eggs in one basket" feeling about this RB group. We could be looking at rookies and UDFA's carrying the water early in the year if things don't pan out. Maybe we pick up a veteran RB (not Carlos Hyde) after roster cutdowns.

If Etienne is healthy a full season, Pederson's playbook will be very friendly to him. 

I disliked the pick, but I can envision him producing ~ 900 APY as part of a committee and I'm good with that. 
This regime didn't draft him, but they have a clear role for him and I don't really care if it jives with his draft position at this point. I just want good production from the talent available.

(05-13-2022, 06:00 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I know we are all rooting for this overreach #1 pick to be successful, but honestly I don't see him being anything more than TJ Yeldon part deux, especially after the injury. Sure, Etienne had more college career yards and TDs than Yeldon, but he wasnt sharing the rock with Derrick Henry for 2 years, and it was against lesser ACC competition. I'm getting the "Too few experienced eggs in one basket" feeling about this RB group. We could be looking at rookies and UDFA's carrying the water early in the year if things don't pan out. Maybe we pick up a veteran RB (not Carlos Hyde) after roster cutdowns.

Yeldon wasn't ever close to the player Etienne is.  Not even close to the same type of back either.  Yeldon was never good he just played on great college teams with a great line

(05-13-2022, 07:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Yeldon wasn't ever close to the player Etienne is.  Not even close to the same type of back either.  Yeldon was never good he just played on great college teams with a great line

Yeldon played slow. He is an ok back up running back. It will be nice to see how tlaw and etienne work together in their reunion.

(05-13-2022, 07:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Yeldon averaged over 4 yards per carry for 3 years in the NFL and over 750 yards from scrimmage each of those years. One of them over  1000. 

That's "good." Not great, but very useful. 

He could have been a nice part of a committee on the right team while in his prime. 

Etienne needs to be much better than that to be worth his ridiculous draft position.

(05-13-2022, 06:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 06:00 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:  Maybe we pick up a veteran RB (not Carlos Hyde) after roster cutdowns.

I still think Tebow can fit that all purpose RB-QB-TE position that we've been seeking.  His 3-cone shuttle 10 years ago was off the chart.

NOPE, UH uhhh, No Way. Don't you start that "shuttle" [BLEEP]!

NH3...
"AZANE"

(05-13-2022, 08:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 07:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeldon wasn't ever close to the player Etienne is.  Not even close to the same type of back either.  Yeldon was never good he just played on great college teams with a great line

Yeldon averaged over 4 yards per carry for 3 years in the NFL and over 750 yards from scrimmage each of those years. One of them over  1000. 

He could have been a nice part of a committee on the right team while in his prime. 

Etienne needs to be much better than that to be worth his ridiculous draft position.

Taking a guy with ETNs talent at #25 is far from a ridiculous draft position. However, with how devoid our team was of talent I do agree it was a questionable choice.. but for a team actually picking at 25 based on their record that needs a RB, he was well worth it. We took Fournette in the top 10, I would have taken ETN over Fournette if they came out of the same draft.

(05-14-2022, 02:02 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 08:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeldon averaged over 4 yards per carry for 3 years in the NFL and over 750 yards from scrimmage each of those years. One of them over  1000. 

Taking a guy with ETNs talent at #25 is far from a ridiculous draft position. However, with how devoid our team was of talent I do agree it was a questionable choice.. but for a team actually picking at 25 based on their record that needs a RB, he was well worth it. We took Fournette in the top 10, I would have taken ETN over Fournette if they came out of the same draft.

There are two distinct schools of thought on drafting RBs early. 

We don't subscribe to the same school. 

I'm averse to it in general and I'm not alone in feeling that way. Yes, a RB at 25 obviously makes more sense for some teams than others, but to me it is a mistake 99% of the time regardless of a team's needs/roster completion. There is almost always better positional value available. 

Fournette has nothing to do with this and was an even more egregious decision.