Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars #1 in AFC South Standings

(09-20-2022, 08:47 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The spread is 7,  it was 11 before this weekend.  Vegas must see something

If we can just win 1 of the next 2.  We haven't won a road game since 2019

They saw Herbert get banged up, and then watched our defense pitch a shutout against a former MVP QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's cute, but the standings mean nothing this early. Great start to the season! Let's go jags and keep dominating.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 11:37 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-20-2022, 11:20 AM)Jag88 Wrote: It's cute, but the standings mean nothing this early. Great start to the season! Let's go jags and keep dominating.

Actually, they do. 11% probability of making the playoffs 0-2, 42% at 1-1, 63% at 2-0. For this team, 42% feels like we already made the playoffs.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/why-t...r's%20Rams.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(09-20-2022, 08:25 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: End the season now

LOL if only we could.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(09-20-2022, 11:40 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

LOL if only we could.

Oh hell no.. I thought I'd never see another Jags game again.. I'm soakin this [BLEEP] up lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 11:43 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(09-20-2022, 10:46 AM)NCJag Wrote: Although….when was the last time the team was winning the division after 2 games? Progress baby!

Under the Gus Bradley era, the Jags were 2-13 in the month of September so we were pretty much out of it by the beginning of October and looking at Mock Drafts !!!

(09-20-2022, 11:40 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:

LOL if only we could.

Who knows, perhaps the Chinese will release a new Covid variant that last 4 months .... and we just roll into the playoffs starting in January.

Is it possible Jacksonville is the best team in the division?

If you pummel through your schedule, you’ll have a favorable wild card home game against a NE or a Denver

(09-20-2022, 12:32 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/1305259276592721921

ya, that's not our team. Although, I do wish Minshew was our backup...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-20-2022, 12:32 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/1305259276592721921

Yeeeah/NO. That Wes two-three years ago, Keep it moving.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 01:51 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

Since we’re posting old stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiVa0fkjr...ZDJiZGQ%3D

(09-20-2022, 01:49 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Since we’re posting old stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiVa0fkjr...ZDJiZGQ%3D

First time I've seen that... made my mean ol heart melt...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-20-2022, 12:22 PM)Aerolithe_Lion Wrote: Is it possible Jacksonville is the best team in the division?

If you pummel through your schedule, you’ll have a favorable wild card home game against a NE or a Denver

As Jaguars fans, many of us have learned not to get too excited about one game.  In the past, the Jaguars would often follow a big win by laying an egg.

That being said, it's not crazy.  Going into the season, most considered the Jaguars better than the Texans who are currently 0-1-1.  We just beat the Colts 24-0.  The Titans are 0-2.  In week 1, they lost at home to a team that went 4-13 last year.  In week 2, it was a road game against an excellent team, but it is hard to justify losing 41-7.  The early results suggest that this is a very weak division.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 03:12 PM by Mikey.)

(09-20-2022, 09:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 09:40 AM)Jag149 Wrote: No one posted it, so I felt I should while it looked this way.  While I feel excitement and hope this continues, being a Jag fan I know better.  One game at a time and maybe, just maybe I will get excited come December....

AFC South W L T Pct     PF PA
Jaguars         1 1 0 0.5     46 28
Texans         0 1 1 0.25      29 36
Colts         0 1 1 0.25      20 44
Titans         0 2 0 0       27 62

Our magic number to win the division is 15.  Feels good

a sensible chuckle for this.

(09-20-2022, 12:22 PM)Aerolithe_Lion Wrote: Is it possible Jacksonville is the best team in the division?

not going that far just yet.

something smells funny in tennessee (besides the fanbase), and neither Indy or Houston strike much fear into me head-to-head, but I need to see the other teams gasping for air before I start sizing us for a crown.

(09-20-2022, 03:04 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:

As Jaguars fans, many of us have learned not to get too excited about one game.  In the past, the Jaguars would often follow a big win by laying an egg.

That being said, it's not crazy.  Going into the season, most considered the Jaguars better than the Texans who are currently 0-1-1.  We just beat the Colts 24-0.  The Titans are 0-2.  In week 1, they lost at home to a team that went 4-13 last year.  In week 2, it was a road game against an excellent team, but it is hard to justify losing 41-7.  The early results suggest that this is a very weak division.

I don't care if we'll end up a 6-11 or even 5-12 playoff team. In other words it's helpful for us if the other teams are garbage. 

What do you call a 5-12 playoff team? A playoff team.

So many party poopers in here.

Who cares if it's only week 2? It's just fun to see us at the top... even if only temporary.

first of all jags got first win with doug penderson.  seconedly we  should be excited jags are in division lead at this time. thridly we shouldn't get excited yet about being division leader. lets not forget what happened last time jags lead the division early in season,

beat the colts to go start 1-0,and then Jags lost 15 stright games. I'm not saying that will happen this year,it shouldn't with a much better HC.  its also been a while since jags have won back to back games,and one on the road. 

all im saying is we shouldn't be bragging about being in first after only 2 weeks. now if we were in wek 8,and in first thats different.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 03:50 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-20-2022, 03:42 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: first of all jags got first win with doug penderson.  seconedly we  should be excited jags are in division lead at this time. thridly we shouldn't get excited yet about being division leader. lets not forget what happened last time jags lead the division early in season,

beat the colts to go start 1-0,and then Jags lost 15 stright games. I'm not saying that will happen this year,it shouldn't with a much better HC.  its also been a while since jags have won back to back games,and one on the road. 

all im saying is we shouldn't be bragging about being in first after only 2 weeks. now if we were in wek 8,and in first thats different.

So we should be excited that we have the division lead but we should not get excited that we have the division lead?  I’m all over that.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

tacks - vs Raiders and @ clots

clots- vs Chiefs and vs tacks

tinhorns- @ Bears and vs Chargers

Someone will probably win the tacks @ clots game in week 4, but that will likely be the only win by a non-Jaguars AFC south team in the first quasi-quarter of season. Even if we lose the next 2, we will much more than like still be at least tied for first place in the win column at that point.

(09-20-2022, 03:42 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: first of all jags got first win with doug penderson.  seconedly we  should be excited jags are in division lead at this time. thridly we shouldn't get excited yet about being division leader. lets not forget what happened last time jags lead the division early in season,

Second is we should be excited and third we shouldn't be for the same reason.  At least one of us is confused.

And don't worry, Snowy, nobody is bragging.  It's just us in here having a bit of fun while we can.