Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars #1 in AFC South Standings

(09-20-2022, 04:08 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: tacks -  vs Raiders and @ clots

clots- vs Chiefs and vs tacks

tinhorns- @ Bears and vs Chargers

Someone will probably win the tacks @ clots game in week 4, but that will likely be the only win by a non-Jaguars AFC south team in the first quasi-quarter of season. Even if we lose the next 2, we will much more than like still be at least tied for first place in the win column at that point.

I think the Texans beat the Bears

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2022, 03:42 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: first of all jags got first win with doug penderson.  seconedly we  should be excited jags are in division lead at this time. thridly we shouldn't get excited yet about being division leader. lets not forget what happened last time jags lead the division early in season,

beat the colts to go start 1-0,and then Jags lost 15 stright games. I'm not saying that will happen this year,it shouldn't with a much better HC.  its also been a while since jags have won back to back games,and one on the road. 

all im saying is we shouldn't be bragging about being in first after only 2 weeks. now if we were in wek 8,and in first thats different.

2conedly and thriedly counterdict each others

(09-20-2022, 03:42 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: first of all jags got first win with doug penderson.  seconedly we  should be excited jags are in division lead at this time. thridly we shouldn't get excited yet about being division leader. lets not forget what happened last time jags lead the division early in season,

beat the colts to go start 1-0,and then Jags lost 15 stright games. I'm not saying that will happen this year,it shouldn't with a much better HC.  its also been a while since jags have won back to back games,and one on the road. 

all im saying is we shouldn't be bragging about being in first after only 2 weeks. now if we were in wek 8,and in first thats different.

Don't worry woflie

I'm sure I'd u do a backflip in ur next "hype" video we will smash the chargers

I think we’re still a growing football team, the Colts played terrible and we only put up 24. The good news for us is Herbert is pretty banged up, if we can hit him around a little he will likely be ineffective. I’m more worried about our o line tho. Could be a very long day if Cam and Jawan aren’t playing at their best.

(09-20-2022, 05:48 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I think we’re still a growing football team, the Colts played terrible and we only put up 24. The good news for us is Herbert is pretty banged up, if we can hit him around a little he will likely be ineffective. I’m more worried about our o line tho. Could be a very long day if Cam and Jawan aren’t playing at their best.

Agree; the rookie center better tighten up or he's going to get Lawrence killed.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We are seeing a group of young guys who seem to understand that the game is won during the preparation and they don’t mind putting in the work required to be successful.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 06:45 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 1 time in total.)

If we lose, we’re not happy. If we win and take the division lead going into week 3, were not happy.

I’m with wingerdinger, I’m soaking this stuff up while it last.

We are all super happy. I'm just saying let's take it one game at a time. This has been a long time coming! Jags SHOULD be 2-0

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2022, 07:05 PM by mal234. Edited 2 times in total.)

I was watching The Herd the other day and Colin Cowherd had some more positive things to say about the Jags. He praised Trevor saying he's the best QB from his draft class and stated that Doug Pedersen is a good coach for them. He also said that the Jags are competent, are fun to watch and could end up possibly winning the division.  He stated that the rest of the teams in the division didn't look so good. Some positive praise from someone who has spoken poorly of the Jags in the past.  He's been praising the Jags a lot more this year than he has in the past.

I do wonder how the Jags will end up ranking in this division. Sunday's win leaves room for optimism. Maybe they can build on that and end up having a decent season.

(09-20-2022, 07:03 PM)mal234 Wrote: I was watching The Herd the other day and Colin Cowherd had some more positive things to say about the Jags. He praised Trevor saying he's the best QB from his draft class and stated that Doug Pedersen is a good coach for them. He also said that the Jags are competent, are fun to watch and could end up possibly winning the division.  He stated that the rest of the teams in the division didn't look so good. Some positive praise from someone who has spoken poorly of the Jags in the past.  He's been praising the Jags a lot more this year than he has in the past.

I do wonder how the Jags will end up ranking in this division. Sunday's win leaves room for optimism. Maybe they can build on that and end up having a decent season.
One week at a time. Still haven't played the tacks yet, who historically own us the way we own the clots. Tinhorns are an interesting team. Mills isn't costing them games. They tied in the opener and were beat in a one score game over the weekend. Could they win the division? Possibly. Starts by mentally getting over the hill with the tacks first. If they can dominate the tacks? I'll be sold.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-20-2022, 06:52 PM)Jag88 Wrote: We are all super happy. I'm just saying let's take it one game at a time. This has been a long time coming! Jags SHOULD be 2-0

Nope

I'm ordering a James Robinson jersey right now

Ugh. If we didn’t leave points on the board week one, we’d be 2-0. I know, coulda, woulda, shoulda…

I blame Pederson on that. We could be 2-0 right now. Just saying.

Love his aggressiveness, but last week could’ve been a W.

[Image: snoopf87f4fb2f890dec5.png]

(09-20-2022, 08:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: snoopf87f4fb2f890dec5.png]
My oil cartridge about to tap out on me in a minute.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2022, 01:23 AM by Jag88.)

(09-20-2022, 08:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [Image: snoopf87f4fb2f890dec5.png]

Lmao. So true

(09-20-2022, 07:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 06:52 PM)Jag88 Wrote: We are all super happy. I'm just saying let's take it one game at a time. This has been a long time coming! Jags SHOULD be 2-0

Nope

I hear ya. I'm about to buy one too. I want a #1 etn

(09-20-2022, 07:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Nope

I'll wait for an extension. If I order one now, he's guaranteed to walk in FA lol

(09-20-2022, 04:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 04:08 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: tacks -  vs Raiders and @ clots

clots- vs Chiefs and vs tacks

tinhorns- @ Bears and vs Chargers

Someone will probably win the tacks @ clots game in week 4, but that will likely be the only win by a non-Jaguars AFC south team in the first quasi-quarter of season. Even if we lose the next 2, we will much more than like still be at least tied for first place in the win column at that point.

I think the Texans beat the Bears

If this happens, we’ll be facing the tinhorns at home week 5 with a chance to regain the division lead. Again, this is assuming we lose the next 2.

(09-20-2022, 07:53 AM)Ronster Wrote: LOL, I’m still not convinced.The Chargers will thump the Jags 38-10 and all the other divisional teams will win putting Jacksonville back into Jaguars reality. The Jags won ONE freaking game, let’s remember who our team is and has been for oh so very long…..

Go Jags!!

Really? You're taking the Colts over the freaking' Chiefs?

Texans probably have the best shot at winning this week, and even that's not looking so good. Titans are next, but the Raiders might get their first win. I think the Chargers stomp us, but I'm not sure our division gets many wins this year.
I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(09-21-2022, 08:04 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 07:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nope

I'll wait for an extension. If I order one now, he's guaranteed to walk in FA lol

Haha. No jinx!

(09-21-2022, 08:04 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-20-2022, 07:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nope

Yeah I just went with a custom jersey this year.
"Shoresy" for any Letterkenny fans.