Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Day Thread - Week 3 - Jags @ bolts ***

(09-25-2022, 11:59 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 10:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I still think we're a 7-10 team, and 7-10 teams don't win this type of game.

I agree. If Herbert plays and the Jaguars win it means the team is playoffs quality. If he doesn't play and the Jaguars win then the team is at least better than the teams of years past that would go to the west coast and not seem to even try.

So... what if Herbert plays and the Jaguars crush them like bugs?

Superbowl bound? Tongue

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-25-2022, 07:09 PM)DangerousBoy Wrote: To top it off, the Chargers had an extra 3 days to prepare for this spanking.
Yeah. I thought the same thing. They were beat up bad though offensively. They're still a team I believe we'll see pushing late in November for a 6th or 7th seed. Would be funny to see them again if we [BLEEP] around and win this division.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-25-2022, 07:01 PM)Ronster Wrote: Chargers have been holding all game

Walker got mugged most of the game.

Great win for the Jags. Both the defense and offense were rolling and Doug Pederson is doing an excellent job with this team. They are continuing to grow and mature. This was bit of a statement win IMO. I'm seeing several positive comments from national media pages on Twitter praising the Jags, including these:

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/...nVy9grAAAA

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/157417342...yZy9grAAAA

There was a lot of comments also praising Doug Pederson for turning the team around. Next week against the Eagles could be entertaining. The Eagles are currently one of the best teams in the league. They are playing very well and a lot of their playmakers including their QB are healthy. If the Jags beat them that will be big and would be even more promising for the Jags and the outcome of this season.

(09-25-2022, 07:25 PM)mal234 Wrote: Great win for the Jags. Both the defense and offense were rolling and Doug Pederson is doing an excellent job with this team. They are continuing to grow and mature. This was bit of a statement win IMO. I'm seeing several positive comments from national media pages on Twitter praising the Jags, including these:

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/...nVy9grAAAA

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/157417342...yZy9grAAAA

There was a lot of comments also praising Doug Pederson for turning the team around. Next week against the Eagles could be entertaining. The Eagles are currently one of the best teams in the league. They are playing very well and a lot of their playmakers including their QB are healthy. If the Jags beat them that will be big and would be even more promising for the Jags and the outcome of this season.

I hope we win but as long as we're competitive I'll be happy. Definitely excited for this team.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

We are on a winning STREAK baby
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(09-25-2022, 07:22 PM)iapetus Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 11:59 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I agree. If Herbert plays and the Jaguars win it means the team is playoffs quality. If he doesn't play and the Jaguars win then the team is at least better than the teams of years past that would go to the west coast and not seem to even try.

Superbowl bound? Tongue

The Jags are clearly a playoffs quality team, they proved that today.

If they stay healthy they can have a winning season.

(09-25-2022, 07:37 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: We are on a winning STREAK baby

Wow! When is the last time we could say that?

(09-25-2022, 07:22 PM)iapetus Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 11:59 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: I agree. If Herbert plays and the Jaguars win it means the team is playoffs quality. If he doesn't play and the Jaguars win then the team is at least better than the teams of years past that would go to the west coast and not seem to even try.

Superbowl bound? Tongue

Why not?

That was damn impressive.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-25-2022, 07:12 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 06:48 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Where’s ChrisJagBoy? He deserves to eat his words and choke on them

Defense still winning games tho wym

Your a clown

(09-25-2022, 07:49 PM)Doc Holliday904 Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 07:12 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Defense still winning games tho wym

Your a clown

Nah.  I’m going with dumb [BLEEP].
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I just read somewhere that Doug Peterson is already tied for 5th most wins by a Jags HC lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-25-2022, 07:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I just read somewhere that Doug Peterson is already tied for 5th most wins by a Jags HC lolol
This is true. He's tied with Urban, Mularkey, and Mel Tucker for 5th all time. Lol. And only 12 wins behind Bradley for 4th place.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

(09-25-2022, 08:06 PM)raptor6581 Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 07:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I just read somewhere that Doug Peterson is already tied for 5th most wins by a Jags HC lolol
This is true. He's tied with Urban, Mularkey, and Mel Tucker for 5th all time. Lol. And only 12 wins behind Bradley for 4th place.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Might get there this season.

(09-25-2022, 07:38 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 07:22 PM)iapetus Wrote: So... what if Herbert plays and the Jaguars crush them like bugs?

Superbowl bound? Tongue

The Jags are clearly a playoffs quality team, they proved that today.

If they stay healthy they can have a winning season.

I'm hesitant to say that yet. They basically controlled the past 2 games for 60 min. 

Need to see them win a game that is closer, more back and forth, and maybe require a 2 min score in either half before can say they are clearly a playoff team.

Also it is still only Week 3. Now is when teams often have enough tape to determine tendencies and start forcing opponents to adjust and adapt. I actually trust this coaching staff can do that, but need to see it put into action by a very young team first.

Looks like we have a football team again gentleman!  Cool
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I am extremely impressed.  Thank you Jaguars.

(09-25-2022, 07:10 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 07:07 PM)Jag149 Wrote: I still think somehow we all wandered into a parallel universe.  Think I'll just stay here.

Actually. GET THE [BLEEP] OUT OF HERE!

How About That!

NH3...

LOL, you guys crack me at times. But if you really want, come down to section 149 and introduce yourself.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 09:53 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-25-2022, 07:07 PM)Ronster Wrote: Ya, but they have Eagles up next and those guys are not the Dolts… Eagles over the Jaguars 35-17

Go Jags!!!

Wooot

Eagles gave up 35 to the Lions. They can be scored on.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption