Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Day Thread - Week 3 - Jags @ bolts ***

Welcome one and all to the ***Official*** game day thread for what looks to be an exciting match up between a pair of 1-1 teams, the Jaguars and the Los Angeles Chargers. This week's game is on the west coast where the Jags traditionally struggle against a team they play fairly often and usually struggle against. The Jags enter this game on high note having trounced division rival Indianapolis 24-0 last week at the Bank. Coach Doug Pederson entered the game with a perfect plan and his offensive play calling deconstructed Gus Bradley's now aging zone coverage scheme to great effect. Trevor Lawrence had one of his best week's as a pro completing 83% of his passed for two TDs and a 121.5 QB rating. Both TD passes went to Christian Kirk, who after two weeks seems to be worth the free agent contract while running back James Robinson continues to show he's back to form with a 37 yard touchdown run. JRob posted lower totals last week with just 2.8 YPC, but the carries were mostly of the clock killing variety in the second half into stacked defensive fronts. The chief concern for the bolts today is the health of star quarterback Justin Herbert who suffered fractured rib cartilage 10 days ago against Kansas City. Herbert is one of the top quarterbacks of the League and presents a challenge for any defense but he's listed as questionable and will be a game day decision. If Herbert can't go longtime backup legend Chase Daniel will get the call. In either case the Jags defense, led by rookie stars Travon Walker and Devon Lloyd, will look to pressure the QB into the same mistakes that doomed Matt Ryan a week ago.

Weather will be 77 degrees under the SoFi Stadium roof with light breezes blowing through the open sides. Game time is 4:05pm EST and the broadcast will be shown locally on CBS47.

Thoughts, commentary, observations, ruminations, arguments, insults, memes, and snark to follow throughout the day.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Go Jags. Tall order to beat the Chargers on the road but hoping it’s at least a good game.

Herbert is deciding if he wants to take a pain killer injection in his ribs or not…..

Either way, doesn’t sound good for him.

Go Jags!

Hey, I’m just happy that I finally get to watch a game real time.  Heading over to the sports bar at around 3:30.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-25-2022, 07:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Herbert is deciding if he wants to take a pain killer injection in his ribs or not…..

Go Jags!

If I were the bolts coach I'd sit him. It's week 3 and their division isn't looking all that tough so far. They are going to need Herbert the whole way, sitting him to heal up this week will make that more likely.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I am emotionally torn this week. After so many letdowns by the Jags part of me reluctant to drink the coolaid but on the other hand this Pederson led team feels and looks different. I’ve gone from hoping for a competitive game to it should be a good game to we might actually win to we really could win and am sitting on the fence of expecting to win. I wish this game was at 1:00 instead of 4:00. Go Jags!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

On at a preety nice time for Me

Will be able to catch snippets of the game throughout the morning

Chugging Teal Koolaid

Momentum is a nice thing but we have some demons to exercise on the west coast... we always seem to lay an egg.

No one is picking the Jaguars to win this game. Bad feeling about this game, but I say why not us?

Lets go JJs. It time for ETN to have a breakout game and for the team to shock the world.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(09-25-2022, 08:42 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Momentum is a nice thing but we have some demons to exercise on the west coast...  we always seem to lay an egg.

No one is picking the Jaguars to win this game.  Bad feeling about this game,  but I say why not us?

I picked Jags to win

(09-25-2022, 07:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 07:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Herbert is deciding if he wants to take a pain killer injection in his ribs or not…..

Go Jags!

If I were the bolts coach I'd sit him. It's week 3 and their division isn't looking all that tough so far. They are going to need Herbert the whole way, sitting him to heal up this week will make that more likely.

If the Jaguars' history on the west coast is any indication they probably don't need him to win comfortably. Here's to hoping the Jaguars finally figured out how to get off the plane on the west coast and show up to the stadium for a change.

(09-25-2022, 08:42 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: No one is picking the Jaguars to win this game.  Bad feeling about this game,  but I say why not us?

One of the fluffers on Good Morning Football picked the Jags.

I still think we're a 7-10 team, and 7-10 teams don't win this type of game.

No one cares what you think. We will crush SD today.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 10:52 AM by SamusAranX.)

Per ESPN the chargers staff has encouraged Herbert to take the long view” and not push through the pain

(09-25-2022, 10:52 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Per ESPN the chargers staff has encouraged Herbert to take the long view” and not push through the pain

Because That Jaguars Defense is on the other side of the ball. Herbert will get hit and with cracked ribs, it’s gonna hurt
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-25-2022, 10:41 AM)H8tank Wrote: No one cares what you think.  We will crush SD today.

Yeah San Diego doesn't stand a chance today.

(09-25-2022, 10:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I still think we're a 7-10 team, and 7-10 teams don't win this type of game.

I agree. If Herbert plays and the Jaguars win it means the team is playoffs quality. If he doesn't play and the Jaguars win then the team is at least better than the teams of years past that would go to the west coast and not seem to even try.

(09-25-2022, 10:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I still think we're a 7-10 team, and 7-10 teams don't win this type of game.

7-10 teams absolutely do win games against opponents who should be the better team but have star players out with injuries.