Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If we beat Philly in convincing fashion, what will expectations be?

If they win this game it's divisional winner expectations for me personally. A lot of this schedule that looked tough on paper earlier this year is now starting to shape out a lot differently than expected. I am now convinced between the play on defense, the consistency of Robinson and Etienne and Lawrence's ability to remain accurate and spread the ball around just ultimately bodes well for this team.

If they beat Philadelphia it's a tremendous shot in the arm. Will be a big test. I think you're going to have to spy Hurts with Lloyd. Walker's going to have to have a big game along with Allen and you're going to also have to really try and keep the football in front of you instead of getting caught up in man-to-man coverage. Having your back turned to Hurts is scary from the secondary.

Offensively I just expect Pederson to continue to find ways to make Lawrence successful and the team to show some form of consistency.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pederson needs to make Tyson Campbell walk and run while looking backwards for the rest of the week. Have him run the length of the field with his head turned to look over his shoulder. Something, anything, to get that guy comfortable with getting his head around while running.

Why does it have to be a ‘convincing win’?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Doug's going to run the Philly Special against hem right? He has to lol

(09-26-2022, 08:14 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Why does it have to be a ‘convincing win’?
No matter how it happens, a win in Philly would be bigger than this weeks win in LA.

Would be MASSIVE.

Agree with one game at a time. For me, I believe we at least have the ability to win this game. I would not have said that a few weeks ago. If we play our game, we can win.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 09:08 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

We're a good team.  Philly is a really good team. 

I picked us to lose to the Chargers, and we won, so I'm going to pick us to lose to the Eagles, and hope for the same result.  Although I must say, it's a huge advantage having a 12th man on the field on offense (Doug Pederson).

Again, the Eagles are a dang good team and we are still a team in rebuild. Being competitive is all I ask for at this point.

And not to take away from the victory, but LA before the game was a ER waiting room and mid game losing a tackle and Bosa, they were the whole dang ward. Philly is health and firing on all cylinders. It’s a much greater test then LA. And the final factor is environment. LA barely had a fan presence. Philly is a crowded house.

Eagles 30, Jags 21

I just got home from LA and I am telling you this team can beat Philly. We are now the favorite in the AFC south. No one in our division is better than us right now.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

The Eagles will be ranked #1 in mostly every power poll (slightly ahead of Miami) going into this game. They appear to be a complete team with Hurts playing at a high level and an excellent receiving corps lead by Devonta Smith and AJ Brown. Their defense got 9 sacks against Washington so they are not too shabby either. This game will be a great test for the Jaguars. As well as the Jags have been playing, I believe they can be competitive against anyone. It will take another near perfect game (like yesterday) to pull off the upset (Eagles should be favored by 5-7 points). Even if they lose a close game, their confidence should be sky high going into a critical part of their schedule which looks much easier than when the season began. Of their next 5 games (Houston, Indy, Giants, Broncos and Raiders), all can be won if they play at the same level as yesterday. It is still very unlikely that they are 7-2 following this stretch since the Raiders and Broncos are likely to get much better, but it is very realistic to believe they will be 5-4- at the least. I'd say most Jaguars fans would have taken that record after 9 games when the season started.

(09-26-2022, 08:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 08:14 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Why does it have to be a ‘convincing win’?
No matter how it happens, a win in Philly would be bigger than this weeks win in LA.

Would be MASSIVE.

Exactly.  Who cares HOW, as long as it DOES happen.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

This team is still too young and inexperienced to make any assertions either way imo(good or bad), but I think the general statement has already been made. This isn't the same ole Jags, we're actually a decent football team. If we end up 3-1 I think playoffs should certainly be the goal moving forward.

Sky is the limit if they win this week. We made the AFC Championship game with BB5 and Doug Marrone. I feel we’re upgraded at both of those positions currently.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

If Trevor Lawrence is starting to unleash his potential, so is Jalen Hurts

Going to be a challenge, maybe Peterson is a little more motivated to beat his former team. We aren't pushovers anymore though. Also historically, we've done better containing this type of QB, as opposed to the ones who just stand in the pocket and carves us up

The eagles are really good. If the Jags go on the road in back to back weeks and beat 2 top 10 teams in the league then I think expectations definitlwy do have to change. But that's a good thing.

(09-25-2022, 08:53 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: We won’t beat them in the fashion we saw the past 2 weeks.  We caught the clots and bolts at the right time though that doesn’t detract from how well we played.  We’ll be going into Philly after a long trip out west the week before.  They should win this game, however, if we win it it will be much closer than these last two games have been.

Agree.

It's been bonkers the past two weeks, but I expect Philly to be more daunting. I'm less worried about Hurts' legs than I am his arm. IIRC he's thrown over 300 the past two weeks, and they are very vertical. Our D seems to start by stopping the run and keeping things in front of them. I think smart play and a few lucky turnovers can keep us in the fray, but there's no way I can envision a 38-10 thrashing.

All that said, I think we can rely on Doug and Co. to have the team prepped and ready for the task.

To the OP, if we do get the win, the media will be hounding us with attention. I expect we'll hear a bit already after this past weekend, but if we are 3-1 in the middling AFCs, it's hard not to think that the team may start drawing eyes.

(09-26-2022, 08:59 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Again, the Eagles are a dang good team and we are still a team in rebuild. Being competitive is all I ask for at this point.

And not to take away from the victory, but LA before the game was a ER waiting room and mid game losing a tackle and Bosa, they were the whole dang ward. Philly is health and firing on all cylinders. It’s a much greater test then LA. And the final factor is environment. LA barely had a fan presence. Philly is a crowded house.

Eagles 30, Jags 21

The Chargers injury situation was overblown going in.  They were missing a center, corner, and a WR, and Herbert still played injured.

Yes, they lost Slater and Bosa during the game, but this is football.  They're supposedly a Super Bowl contender.  Stop minimizing how [BLEEP] we looked.

(09-26-2022, 08:59 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Again, the Eagles are a dang good team and we are still a team in rebuild. Being competitive is all I ask for at this point.

Eagles 30, Jags 21

Are we still rebuilding though?  It looks like all the pieces are in place...  There's just no way all the newness and youth on this team should be able to gel this quickly.  In other words, the team looked pretty good on paper a few weeks ago, but simply lacked experience in the league and experience playing together.

Can it really all be coming together this quickly?  No way, right?

(09-26-2022, 11:44 AM)I scottyg Wrote:

Eagles 30, Jags 21

Are we still rebuilding though?  It looks like all the pieces are in place...  There's just no way all the newness and youth on this team should be able to gel this quickly.  In other words, the team looked pretty good on paper a few weeks ago, but simply lacked experience in the league and experience playing together.

Can it really all be coming together this quickly?  No way, right?

We need a big physical receiver and anything else is bolstering depth.  We don’t necessarily need top 10 draft picks to accomplish that.  We’re not rebuilding anymore.  Our window is opening.

We have a lot of good players on the final year of their contract. Key. Smoot, JRob, Taylor, Engram. We can worry about that stuff after the season though