Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If we beat Philly in convincing fashion, what will expectations be?

(09-26-2022, 11:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have a lot of good players on the final year of their contract.  Key. Smoot, JRob, Taylor, Engram.    We can worry about that stuff after the season though

At least if we're a good team, players will be more willing to sign a 2nd contract instead of wanting to test FA

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 12:03 PM by Cleatwood.)

(09-26-2022, 11:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have a lot of good players on the final year of their contract.  Key. Smoot, JRob, Taylor, Engram.    We can worry about that stuff after the season though
Except we shouldn’t wait to resign JRob right? Lol

Herbert's ribs are directly worth about 40 points apparently. I think this team wants to win the division. I don't think it will take a whole lot to win it. I think not winning it would be a disappointment after the resurgence we've seen so far this year.

(09-26-2022, 08:59 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Again, the Eagles are a dang good team and we are still a team in rebuild. Being competitive is all I ask for at this point.

And not to take away from the victory, but LA before the game was a ER waiting room and mid game losing a tackle and Bosa, they were the whole dang ward. Philly is health and firing on all cylinders. It’s a much greater test then LA. And the final factor is environment. LA barely had a fan presence. Philly is a crowded house.

Disagree with the fan presence comment. Was at the game. Their fans along with the stadium shape was LOUD asf. I’m convinced that’s why Trevor was shaky early on , SoFI Is a intimidating place to play.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 12:12 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-26-2022, 12:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Except we shouldn’t wait to resign JRob right? Lol

I wouldn't wait, I'd like to resign him before the season is over. I'd start talking about the extension. We know you're not that high on him and never have been lol

Hell you didn't even think he was going to be playing right now lol.

Philly fans not scared.. say we're lucky that the Chargers were handicapped, and we won't show up in consecutive road games. There are a couple calling it a trap game for them.

(09-26-2022, 12:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 12:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Except we shouldn’t wait to resign JRob right? Lol

I wouldn't wait, I'd like to resign him before the season is over.  I'd start talking about the extension.  We know you're not that high on him and never have been lol

Hell you didn't even think he was going to be playing right now lol.
Dude. It’s honestly a miracle. Just look at all the previous Achilles injuries. He is defying logic right now by playing and playing well.

Happy to be wrong on this one.

I’ve always loved JRob but against paying RBs because they usually don’t live up to their 2nd contract.

I agree with Rico.  I would like to see the Jaguars win regardless if it's in a "convincing fashion".

With that being said, I'm not going to exactly hold my breath expecting a win.  Quite frankly I think the opposite might happen.  The Eagles appear to be a very good team and a possible Superb Owl contender.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-26-2022, 12:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I agree with Rico.  I would like to see the Jaguars win regardless if it's in a "convincing fashion".

With that being said, I'm not going to exactly hold my breath expecting a win.  Quite frankly I think the opposite might happen.  The Eagles appear to be a very good team and a possible Superb Owl contender.

Not me.  I want to see them 45-0.  So much more comfortable that way.  I'll take 24-23 though.  I just fear I'll lose more hair that I can't spare that way

(09-26-2022, 08:14 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Why does it have to be a ‘convincing win’?

I mean a win in any fashion would be great, but don't you think blowing out the Colts, Stomping the Chargers, and being dominate against another great team in Philly would be a huge statement?

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 03:30 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(09-26-2022, 12:46 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 12:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I agree with Rico.  I would like to see the Jaguars win regardless if it's in a "convincing fashion".

Not me.  I want to see them 45-0.  So much more comfortable that way.  I'll take 24-23 though.  I just fear I'll lose more hair that I can't spare that way

Especially this week, just to shut up those obnoxious Iggles fans.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

A win would really be awesome although it's not going to be easy. I think the win over the Chargers, even though unexpected, is still being looked at nationally as a little bit of a fluke since they had some key players out. We know it wouldn't have mattered but the average fan in other cities probably thinks so. Winning in Philly would really change everyone's mind.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

If we beat Philly no matter how or by how much I think our expectations should absolutely be playoffs. I already think we're legit in the conversation for the division. A win in Philly cements that expectation for me.

(09-26-2022, 12:25 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Philly fans not scared.. say we're lucky that the Chargers were handicapped,  and we won't show up in consecutive road games.  There are a couple calling it a trap game for them.

I don't think they should be scared, their team is playing some good football right now. At the same time, neither should we. I'm intrigued to see whether this becomes a defensive struggle or a shootout.

If the shield were able to flex games this early in the season, this game might have made prime time.

I'll have the popcorn ready, this one's gonna be a thriller.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 09:59 AM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-27-2022, 08:15 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 12:25 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Philly fans not scared.. say we're lucky that the Chargers were handicapped,  and we won't show up in consecutive road games.  There are a couple calling it a trap game for them.

I don't think they should be scared, their team is playing some good football right now. At the same time, neither should we. I'm intrigued to see whether this becomes a defensive struggle or a shootout.

If the shield were able to flex games this early in the season, this game might have made prime time.

I'll have the popcorn ready, this one's gonna be a thriller.

Flexing the Jags into prime time would probably require multiple board room meetings and pulse checks.  “Are we sure we want to do this?”  would probably get asked a dozen times or more before agreeing to make the change.  In many ways, a good Jaguars football team is the league office’s worst nightmare which makes it that much sweeter when it happens.

IF we (now we are a "we") beat Philly, WE won't be the ones talking about playoffs or bust.

All the talking heads will be talking playoffs for the Jags. I haven't raised expectations beyond 7 wins, but back to back wins over Chargers and Eagles is a big deal guys.

(09-26-2022, 02:21 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 08:14 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Why does it have to be a ‘convincing win’?

I mean a win in any fashion would be great, but don't you think blowing out the Colts, Stomping the Chargers, and being dominate against another great team in Philly would be a huge statement?

Winning would be a huge enough statement.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-27-2022, 09:32 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 02:21 PM)Big Dougy P Wrote: I mean a win in any fashion would be great, but don't you think blowing out the Colts, Stomping the Chargers, and being dominate against another great team in Philly would be a huge statement?

Winning would be a huge enough statement.

No kidding, right...  When the season started, Washington was the only 'beatable' team in our first 4.  Indy was supposed to be better and the Chargers were supposed to blow us out.  We're supposed to be 0-3 right now looking into the abyss as usual.  
I'm pretty sure these guys have already made a pretty big statement.  Now let's see if they can keep it rolling Smile

Right now, this is a house money game. We already won a road game that we weren't supposed to win. The Eagles are at home and all the pressure is on them, IMO. We can play fast and loose and hopefully get out of there with a W.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

NFL.com has the Eagles ranked the number one team right now.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"