Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 12:04 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(09-26-2022, 08:00 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 07:33 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Even as a kid in the 60's, I had crushes on several of these TV babes........  Gave new meaning to the term "Boob Tube"....... LOL

[Image: tvbabes.jpg]

What man wouldn't love a woman who called you "Master" and granted your every wish?  Catwoman was sexy and limber (enough said).  Blondes who like to handle a big gun are lots of fun (even if they're not too bright) and Mary Ann was always way hotter than Ginger.  

Good list Drifter.

I'd add Elizabeth Montgomery to that list.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I almost bought a generator last week. Glad I didn't. Just took my truck in for a coolant leak issue and to fix it is about what I would have spent on the gennie. It's always something, I swear. Thank God for emergency savings.

https://gettr.com/post/p1rly2d0954
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-27-2022, 12:03 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 08:00 PM)Sneakers Wrote: What man wouldn't love a woman who called you "Master" and granted your every wish?  Catwoman was sexy and limber (enough said).  Blondes who like to handle a big gun are lots of fun (even if they're not too bright) and Mary Ann was always way hotter than Ginger.  

Good list Drifter.

I'd add Elizabeth Montgomery to that list.

She had the attributes, but the show never dressed her in a way to show it off.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

NASA just crashed a $330M spacecraft into an asteroid at 15,000 mph yesterday just to see if it’ll work which definitely means there’s an asteroid hurling towards Earth that they’re not telling us about. Happy Tuesday!
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(09-29-2022, 04:50 PM)The Drifter Wrote: NASA just crashed a $330M spacecraft into an asteroid at 15,000 mph yesterday just to see if it’ll work which definitely means there’s an asteroid hurling towards Earth that they’re not telling us about. Happy Tuesday!

....and to think I just ran out of tin foil this morning.

Fall weather is here lolol

[Image: 20220930-114818.png]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-30-2022, 11:56 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Fall weather is here lolol

I think I just threw up a little bit...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-30-2022, 12:36 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 11:56 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Fall weather is here lolol

I think I just threw up a little bit...

Yup..

The wife and I ventured out for the first time since the storm.. Wanted something other than storm food to eat.. We found just 2 places open, MickyD's & The Sheik.. So naturally, we went to The Sheik and I got a grilled chicken pita.. Wow.. So damn good. First time I had one, won't be the last..

Overall, I’ve been very satisfied with my alarm company. Great price, sensors out the tiny Yang, and good grief, I can’t make it out my drive if I [BLEEP] up before getting a call if I mess up.

I’m having all my windows and doors replaced next week. I call the security company and am told it’ll cost 800 to add new sensors. [BLEEP]!?!? [BLEEP] you! You used the previous companies sensors to begin with. I added glass breaks all around and 6 cameras, plus motions! Let’s just say, I paid for that install. I got the go ahead after we got broke into. (I’ve got more cameras , but through other means. I like double redundancy). So either I pay 800 or cancel for 0.00? I run a stupid lawn business so I’m not raking it in like this HUGE alarm company. I understand how they want to make money. But [BLEEP] them! I was thinking it would cost a couple to few hundred. I’m not ignorant. But you never used your equipment to begin with!!!! Sucks, because their monitoring was really good. Still waiting on a response since CS wait times
Are in the hours and chat [BLEEP] sucks. A live person actually sent me to “technical support”. This isn’t tech support you [BLEEP]!

https://youtu.be/9Xqdj1TBOtU

(09-30-2022, 08:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://youtu.be/9Xqdj1TBOtU

That is awesome.

NASA and SpaceX to study possible private  Hubble servicing mission. 

NASA has already written off Hubble as lost within the next decade. This could possibly extend its life for another 15-20 years.

(09-30-2022, 10:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 08:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://youtu.be/9Xqdj1TBOtU

That is awesome.

That is cool isn't it? I hope they do one for Fenway at some point.. Really cool..

(10-01-2022, 01:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-30-2022, 10:14 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: That is awesome.

That is cool isn't it? I hope they do one for Fenway at some point.. Really cool..

Aside from the video…I was on a contract in Chicago for a couple of years.  Going to Wrigley was one of the coolest sports venues I’ve been in…and due to my travel for work I’ve been in A LOT.  The first game we went to we snuck out to the bleachers.  We sat and watched the stadium empty after the game until they started to shut off some of the banks of lights.  We were probably in the last 50 people to leave.  It was just a way cool experience.

(10-01-2022, 02:08 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-01-2022, 01:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: That is cool isn't it? I hope they do one for Fenway at some point.. Really cool..

Aside from the video…I was on a contract in Chicago for a couple of years.  Going to Wrigley was one of the coolest sports venues I’ve been in…and due to my travel for work I’ve been in A LOT.  The first game we went to we snuck out to the bleachers.  We sat and watched the stadium empty after the game until they started to shut off some of the banks of lights.  We were probably in the last 50 people to leave.  It was just a way cool experience.

Never been, always wanted to go.. For the historical value anyway. Would be cool, even if I'm a life long Red Sox fan. But Wrigley is one of the last on my bucket list. Kinda sad really, I'm a Sawx fan, but never been to Fenway yet. Need Green Monster seats!!

I feel fortunate enough to have been to the old Yankee Stadium, quite a few times for a couple Sox games. That was a baseball fan's dream, next to visiting Cooperstown.. Been to old Shea Stadium a few times too. Got to watch Doc on the mound and Strawberry in the field. Was pretty cool too..

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2022, 04:25 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-01-2022, 03:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-01-2022, 02:08 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Aside from the video…I was on a contract in Chicago for a couple of years.  Going to Wrigley was one of the coolest sports venues I’ve been in…and due to my travel for work I’ve been in A LOT.  The first game we went to we snuck out to the bleachers.  We sat and watched the stadium empty after the game until they started to shut off some of the banks of lights.  We were probably in the last 50 people to leave.  It was just a way cool experience.

Never been, always wanted to go.. For the historical value anyway. Would be cool, even if I'm a life long Red Sox fan. But Wrigley is one of the last on my bucket list. Kinda sad really, I'm a Sawx fan, but never been to Fenway yet. Need Green Monster seats!!

I feel fortunate enough to have been to the old Yankee Stadium, quite a few times for a couple Sox games. That was a baseball fan's dream, next to visiting Cooperstown.. Been to old Shea Stadium a few times too. Got to watch Doc on the mound and Strawberry in the field. Was pretty cool too..

I actually saw Mickey Mantle play in the old Yankee Stadium.  Granted he was a decrepit, washed up player by then, but I did see him play.  My dad used to do a lot of business in NY when we lived in Philly.  He’d take my mom and a couple of us older siblings during the summer.

Also saw a good deal of Broadway shows.

However my big thrill, given my age, was seeing Gorilla Monsoon and his manager Wild Red Berry walking down the street.   Laughing

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2022, 04:36 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-01-2022, 04:24 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(10-01-2022, 03:55 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Never been, always wanted to go.. For the historical value anyway. Would be cool, even if I'm a life long Red Sox fan. But Wrigley is one of the last on my bucket list. Kinda sad really, I'm a Sawx fan, but never been to Fenway yet. Need Green Monster seats!!

I actually saw Mickey Mantle play in the old Yankee Stadium.  Granted he was a decrepit, washed up player by then, but I did see him play.  My dad used to do a lot of business in NY when we lived in Philly.  He’d take my mom and a couple of us older siblings during the summer.

However my big thrill, given my age, was seeing Gorilla Monsoon and his manager Wild Red Berry walking down the street.   Laughing

At least you got to see him though. He's definitely a face on MLB's Mount Rushmore. Sadly, there may be another Yankee or two with him lol

Kind of a coincidence.. After a Yankee game one night, someone that looked like George The Animal Steel tried washin my uncles windshield. Hey, ya never know lolol

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2022, 04:41 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-01-2022, 04:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(10-01-2022, 04:24 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I actually saw Mickey Mantle play in the old Yankee Stadium.  Granted he was a decrepit, washed up player by then, but I did see him play.  My dad used to do a lot of business in NY when we lived in Philly.  He’d take my mom and a couple of us older siblings during the summer.

At least you got to see him though. He's definitely a face on MLB's Mount Rushmore. Sadly, there may be another Yankee or two with him lol

Kind of a coincidence.. After a Yankee game one night, someone that looked like George The Animal Steel tried washin my uncles windshield. Hey, ya never know lolol

Fun fact:  obviously his wrestling persona was an act but did you realize that he had a masters degree and was a teacher.  Oh, and his name was William Myers.