Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will Trevor improve to be our guy where we give him a 2nd contract and be a top 10 QB?
This poll is closed.
Yes
42.44%
73 42.44%
No
57.56%
99 57.56%
Total 172 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Will Trevor figure it out and be our franchise QB?

Let's put all the back and forth to bed.  Will Trev and Doug figure it out and will he finally become our franchise QB?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Unknown. I have no idea at this point.

You have 6 days to vote so make your call

Yes

(10-10-2022, 08:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Unknown.  I have no idea at this point.

Nobody knows.  It's what you think

Still optimistic.

Do I want Trevor to improve and become our franchise QB? Of course.
Did I think coming into this season Pederson would be able to steer him in the right direction? Of course.

Trevor has had some ups and some downs, but I'm starting to question if Pederson is actually going to be able to do it.
Since Pederson has arrived, this team has looked much much better.... but its almost like he's trying to force Lawrence to be the man at all times rather than rely on some very effective running backs we have.

I'm torn because I can see a huge difference in the way this team is playing, but I also feel like the play calling is making Lawrence look even worse than what he is, also causing us to lose games.
In Dougie I Trust!

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 08:37 AM by wg171.)

Voting yes. But he won’t become a “franchise” QB this season.

I'd like to see us draft a QB with our first or second pick in the next draft. Not giving up on TLaw, but I think he needs motivation to improve.

(10-10-2022, 08:29 AM)Hurricane Wrote: Do I want Trevor to improve and become our franchise QB? Of course.
Did I think coming into this season Pederson would be able to steer him in the right direction? Of course.

Trevor has had some ups and some downs, but I'm starting to question if Pederson is actually going to be able to do it.
Since Pederson has arrived, this team has looked much much better.... but its almost like he's trying to force Lawrence to be the man at all times rather than rely on some very effective running backs we have.

I'm torn because I can see a huge difference in the way this team is playing, but I also feel like the play calling is making Lawrence look even worse than what he is, also causing us to lose games.

Things are much better but we aren't there yet. People are acting like Rome was built in 5 weeks.

Trevor needs to play better no doubt, there's stuff to fix but we've come a long way from last year in just a few weeks' time.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Hiw do we define "franchise QB"?
To me it's any QB who gets a 2nd contract with the same team as a starter. That means there's enough success for there to be a long term commitment. Bortles was a franchise QB.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-10-2022, 08:46 AM)cincyjacket Wrote: I'd like to see us draft a QB with our first or second pick in the next draft. Not giving up on TLaw, but I think he needs motivation to improve.

C'mon man.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-10-2022, 08:46 AM)cincyjacket Wrote: I'd like to see us draft a QB with our first or second pick in the next draft. Not giving up on TLaw, but I think he needs motivation to improve.
Well that's a stupid idea. Draft a QB with our first round pick to give Trevor motivation instead of drafting someone to help the offense or defense? Brilliant!

I don't know if he will be our franchise QB but if he isn't I'm not for drafting another QB.  With our lack of success at drafting a good QB I would rather we trade for a veteran.

(10-10-2022, 08:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Well that's a stupid idea. Draft a QB with our first round pick to give Trevor motivation instead of drafting someone to help the offense or defense? Brilliant!

Don’t be so quick to dismiss his ideas. He’s highly trained.

[Image: 237c76ff-1c3b-4ed1-8daa-f903bf4f7cc5.f51...nBg=ffffff]

(10-10-2022, 08:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 08:29 AM)Hurricane Wrote: Do I want Trevor to improve and become our franchise QB? Of course.

Things are much better but we aren't there yet. People are acting like Rome was built in 5 weeks.

Trevor needs to play better no doubt, there's stuff to fix but we've come a long way from last year in just a few weeks' time.

That's the part that worries me. Rome wasn't built overnight but some reason our coach is acting like Trevor is Tom Brady. Certain times we do need Trevor to stand up and put this team on his back. The last 2 weeks wasn't that time with a 14-0 lead in a rain storm or against one of the worst run defenses. 

My personal opinion is Pederson is putting too much on Trevors plate. I don't see Trevor becoming what the majority expected him to be, but that's not to say he won't be a good qb. Unless Pederson changes his philosophy, I just don't see Trevor improving much more than an average qb. I've seen Trevor make some absolutely amazing throws, but I've seen just as many errant throws that an NFL qb should be able to make, let alone someone of his "caliber". I hope all goes well, just having a hard time putting faith into it.
In Dougie I Trust!

I get it, Lawrence was meant to be different, this was finally a 'franchise QB' a team needed to be a playoff team and SB contender. And it hasn't happened yet. Part if it is on Lawrence but a big part is the dumpster fire we were last year and another part is the roster is a work in progress.

I get it, it's been a rough couple decades as a Jags fan, we just want someone to be able to just fix it and get us competitive again but they biggest issue we have had is getting rid of players before they finish their rookie deal as they aren't good enough or a bust. This why we have no experience and long term players on the roster and weve let some good players walk. I'm sorry to say it will take time, a season or two but I've seen more in 5 weeks with Doug and Lawrence to give me more hope than anytime the last 3 seasons.

Plus Lawrence just turned 23, he's still got plenty of career left.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 09:29 AM by imtheblkranger. Edited 2 times in total.)

If my confidence in Trevor to end up "the guy" was 100 after the Chargers game, it's maybe a 98 right now. He'll be fine. This is his rookie year in my eyes. I'm completely writing off last year altogether. He's also the youngest starting QB in the league right now. He's a full year younger than Kenny Pickett.

The only QBs younger than him in the NFL right now are:

Trey Lance (injured)
Sam Howell
Brock Purdy

That's it. He's younger than Ridder, Willis, Zappe, Wilson. He's even younger than Will Levis, the QB for Kentucky

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 09:23 AM by The Real Marty.)

(10-10-2022, 08:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 08:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Unknown.  I have no idea at this point.

Nobody knows.  It's what you think

I think I have no idea.  50-50.

(10-10-2022, 08:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

He's gonna draft Tony Robbins.

(10-10-2022, 09:10 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: If my confidence in Trevor to end up "the guy" was 100 after the Chargers game, it's maybe a 98 right now. He'll be fine. This is his rookie year in my eyes. I'm completely writing off last year altogether. He's also the youngest starting QB in the league right now. He's a full year younger than Kenny Pickett.

The only QBs younger than him in the NFL right now are:

Trey Lance (injured)
Sam Howell
Brock Purdy

That's it. He's younger than Ridder, Willis, Zappe, Wilson. He's even younger than Will Levis, the QB for Kentucky
Thank you!

This season was also always going to be a rollercoaster so we have to take the good with the bad. Trevor will have really good games and he will have some bad games. The last 2 weeks have been really bad.