Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

I'd like to take a minute to thank Little Debbie for their contributions to society. My god, honest to goodness, heaven after a vegetable..

My favs in order.

Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
Swiss Rolls
Banana Twins (if you can find them)
Jelly Rolls
Zebra Cakes
Fudge Rounds
Nutty Bars
Oatmeal Creampies

I put some real effort into this list..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-16-2022, 08:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'd like to take a minute to thank Little Debbie for their contributions to society. My god, honest to goodness, heaven after a vegetable..

My favs in order.

Swiss Rolls
Jelly Rolls
Zebra Cakes
Fudge Rounds
Nutty Bars
Oatmeal Creampies

I bet your beltline is showing it, too.

(10-16-2022, 08:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 08:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I'd like to take a minute to thank Little Debbie for their contributions to society. My god, honest to goodness, heaven after a vegetable..

My favs in order.

Swiss Rolls
Jelly Rolls
Zebra Cakes
Fudge Rounds
Nutty Bars
Oatmeal Creampies

I bet your beltline is showing it, too.

Actually.. well..

So?!?!

Dang. South central NC getting our first freeze watch of the season. A cold front is moving through tonight and we could see subfreezing temps Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.

This is what I love about NC. We have more than the two seasons FL sees. The fall colors are starting to show up in our maple, dogwood and scrub oak trees in our yard. Drive around and they're showing up against all of the pine trees.

Scrub oaks are a pain in the rear because they have an insane number of leaves and are just not attractive in general, but their fall foliage is gorgeous. We have yellow, red and orange and in the morning sun the light hits them a certain way and the clumps of red among the still green leaves look like they're on fire. So pretty! Until they all die and fall on the ground and it's time to rake and burn.

I never could get the drift of using a leaf blower plus my husband sleeps during the day so I can't use it, so I've become a raker/pyro to gather and burn. We live outside town limits so it's either burn or take it to the landfill and pay to dispose of it. I could fill the bed of my truck ten times and not even be close to being halfway finished. Good thing I enjoy burning.

(10-17-2022, 10:37 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Dang. South central NC getting our first freeze watch of the season. A cold front is moving through tonight and we could see subfreezing temps Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.

This is what I love about NC. We have more than the two seasons FL sees. The fall colors are starting to show up in our maple, dogwood and scrub oak trees in our yard. Drive around and they're showing up against all of the pine trees.

Scrub oaks are a pain in the rear because they have an insane number of leaves and are just not attractive in general, but their fall foliage is gorgeous. We have yellow, red and orange and in the morning sun the light hits them a certain way and the clumps of red among the still green leaves look like they're on fire. So pretty! Until they all die and fall on the ground and it's time to rake and burn.

I never could get the drift of using a leaf blower plus my husband sleeps during the day so I can't use it, so I've become a raker/pyro to gather and burn. We live outside town limits so it's either burn or take it to the landfill and pay to dispose of it. I could fill the bed of my truck ten times and not even be close to being halfway finished. Good thing I enjoy burning.

I enjoy burning vegetation too..

(10-16-2022, 09:28 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-15-2022, 01:57 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Right......and he was getting a massage.  The whole paying for sex thing was just a misunderstanding.

Married men always pay for sex, one way or another.

There it is!

(10-17-2022, 10:37 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Dang. South central NC getting our first freeze watch of the season. A cold front is moving through tonight and we could see subfreezing temps Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.

I burn so much on my property all the time.  Not just leaves, but whole trees.  My record thus far for a fire is one that burned nearly 2 weeks (12 days).  Depending on the wind I might just light another one in a few days.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

As a homeowner, We find ourselves doing some DIY projects. I’ve come to realize there are some things I’m just not that good at.

Mainly caulk. I’m not good with caulk. Some guys are great with caulk. It’s a skill apparently. I can never get a good bead. Trying to bead my caulk never gives me the results I’m really looking for. Whenever I’m beading my caulk, it creates such a mess. Sure, I’ll keep a rag around to clean it up. But I’m just not happy with the results. I’ve tried being careful and using both hands. The first time, I kept squeezing and pumping and not much came out. I guess you’d call that a caulk tease. The second time, I think I snipped too much off the tip. Globs everywhere! I watched a lot of videos of people caulking a lot of things. They make it look so easy.

Mods, I’m dead serious. Please no warning, it’s not my fault this chore has double entendres everywhere.

(10-17-2022, 06:36 PM)Jags Wrote: Mainly caulk.  I’m not good with caulk.  Some guys are great with caulk. It’s a skill apparently.  I can never get a good bead. Trying to bead my caulk never gives me the results I’m really looking for.  Whenever I’m beading my caulk, it creates such a mess.  Sure, I’ll keep a rag around to clean it up.  But I’m just not happy with the results.  I’ve tried being careful and using both hands.  The first time, I kept squeezing and pumping and not much came out.  I guess you’d call that a caulk tease.  The second time, I think I snipped too much off the tip.  Globs everywhere!  I watched a lot of videos of people caulking a lot of things.  They make it look so easy. 

Mods, I’m dead serious.  Please no warning, it’s not my fault this chore has double entendres everywhere.
You wild bro hahaha

(10-17-2022, 06:36 PM)OJags Wrote: Mainly caulk.  I’m not good with caulk.  Some guys are great with caulk. It’s a skill apparently.  I can never get a good bead. Trying to bead my caulk never gives me the results I’m really looking for.  Whenever I’m beading my caulk, it creates such a mess.  Sure, I’ll keep a rag around to clean it up.  But I’m just not happy with the results.  I’ve tried being careful and using both hands.  The first time, I kept squeezing and pumping and not much came out.  I guess you’d call that a caulk tease.  The second time, I think I snipped too much off the tip.  Globs everywhere!  I watched a lot of videos of people caulking a lot of things.  They make it look so easy. 

Mods, I’m dead serious.  Please no warning, it’s not my fault this chore has double entendres everywhere.

These guys can help you.

[Image: CAIXJCU4SJH7NPZOJ5NKWNJPOY.jpg]

(10-17-2022, 06:36 PM)Jags Wrote: Mainly caulk.  I’m not good with caulk.  Some guys are great with caulk. It’s a skill apparently.  I can never get a good bead. Trying to bead my caulk never gives me the results I’m really looking for.  Whenever I’m beading my caulk, it creates such a mess.  Sure, I’ll keep a rag around to clean it up.  But I’m just not happy with the results.  I’ve tried being careful and using both hands.  The first time, I kept squeezing and pumping and not much came out.  I guess you’d call that a caulk tease.  The second time, I think I snipped too much off the tip.  Globs everywhere!  I watched a lot of videos of people caulking a lot of things.  They make it look so easy. 

It sounds like you just can't get it to firm up.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2022, 07:34 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-17-2022, 07:12 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 06:36 PM)OJags Wrote: Mainly caulk.  I’m not good with caulk.  Some guys are great with caulk. It’s a skill apparently.  I can never get a good bead. Trying to bead my caulk never gives me the results I’m really looking for.  Whenever I’m beading my caulk, it creates such a mess.  Sure, I’ll keep a rag around to clean it up.  But I’m just not happy with the results.  I’ve tried being careful and using both hands.  The first time, I kept squeezing and pumping and not much came out.  I guess you’d call that a caulk tease.  The second time, I think I snipped too much off the tip.  Globs everywhere!  I watched a lot of videos of people caulking a lot of things.  They make it look so easy. 

These guys can help you.

[Image: CAIXJCU4SJH7NPZOJ5NKWNJPOY.jpg]
You’re just saying that because you were  In The Navy, you Macho Man.  

Shame on you! Shame on you!

(10-17-2022, 07:19 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

It sounds like you just can't get it to firm up.

Probably the liquors fault.

Again, not my fault on the double entendre.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2022, 09:22 AM by Mikey.)

(10-17-2022, 05:34 PM)Jags Wrote: As a homeowner, We find ourselves doing some DIY projects.  I’ve come to realize there are some things I’m just not that good at.

I don't mess with electric or sewer, because getting either wrong can be catastrophic.

If you have a problem of snipping too much off the tip, I sure hope you are not pursuing a career as a rabbi.

(10-17-2022, 07:29 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 07:19 PM)Sneakers Wrote: It sounds like you just can't get it to firm up.

She can't dance on a wobbly pole.

(10-18-2022, 09:41 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 07:29 PM)Jags Wrote:

She can't dance on a wobbly pole.

If the pole is wobbly, you got the wrong song playin..

"Bought A House In July And They Graciously Left Me A Mini Fridge In The Basement. After Moving All My Beer And Alcohol Downstairs I Discovered It Was, In Fact, A Freezer"

[Image: beerf.jpg]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2022, 06:31 PM by Jags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-18-2022, 09:20 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 05:34 PM)Jags Wrote: As a homeowner, We find ourselves doing some DIY projects.  I’ve come to realize there are some things I’m just not that good at.

I don't mess with electric or sewer, because getting either wrong can be catastrophic.

I don’t particularly enjoy electrical work either.  I’ll do it.  Just this weekend I replaced the fixture outside my front door.  Replaced many switches with automated ones.  And idk how many other fixtures inside.  Usually about 6 months later I breathe better knowing the house didn’t catch fire.  I know WHAT to do, but I also know how bad it can go and that I am not a professional.  I keep thinking my connections will come loose and arc or something.  That and shoving all them damned wired back into the box!!!  How the heck did they get it to fit so neatly before??

Just broke open a bag of Snickers...................guess I'll have to restock before Halloween.

(10-18-2022, 07:24 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Just broke open a bag of Snickers...................guess I'll have to restock before Halloween.

My wife bought a bag of candy.  Normally we need more.  A lot more. She’s also cheap, btw.   So at Costco I bought 4 boxes of the full sized 30 count candy bars.  I really hope the turn out is good.  Otherwise I may end up joining other relatives in the diabetes club.  Hopefully I don’t lose a foot over this.  I need it for work purposes.