Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Pass Protection Win Rate

(11-02-2022, 09:16 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 09:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Can you just tell me one thing tho. I think we can all agree, Trevor has thrown uncatchable passes over his WRs heads in practically every game this season. In what way would Jamarr Chase remedy that situation? Is he 9 feet tall?

Definitely, he air mails a few passes every game, what about the other 30++ though? You sit here and act like every single throw he makes is 15 yards over the WR. It's bull [BLEEP] and you know it.

If those few errant passes were the only mistakes he was making, we wouldn't be 2-6 and you know that. the accuracy is a problem, the decision making has been the killer. He has essentially thrown a pick or fumbled in every single game winning drive he's had aside from one? Accuracy, Decision Making, Ability to perform in the Clutch these are all things he seriously struggles with that need to improve on his end.

We will know next year if he is what we want him to be. Ridley is a top 10 WR if he's the same guy he was before and I have no doubt he wont be the only playmaker added to the team in the offseason. So if all of Trevors issues are simply because he dosen't have the talent around him, or because he's in a new scheme we should see a different guy year 3. That's the hope, but it would be nice to at least see some progress in year 2.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-02-2022, 08:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: ...
There are other QBs who get less time, who have much worse offensive lines and still play extremely well. Joe Burrow and Herbert being the two best examples.
Incorrect. There are only 5 starting QBs in the league getting less pocket time than Lawrence and two of them are backups with only a few games under their belt. The three who have started all 8 games have records of 3-5, 3-5, and 3-5. 

blah, blah, blah

(11-02-2022, 09:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 08:21 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: ...
There are other QBs who get less time, who have much worse offensive lines and still play extremely well. Joe Burrow and Herbert being the two best examples.
Incorrect. There are only 5 starting QBs in the league getting less pocket time than Lawrence and two of them are backups with only a few games under their belt. The three who have started all 8 games have records of 3-5, 3-5, and 3-5. 

blah, blah, blah

Tua
Jimmy G
Burrow
Stafford
Davis Mills
Lawrence get an average of 2.3 seconds

Kyler/Brady/Rodgers/Rush/Walker get 2.2 

Also that pocket time stat we're refrencing is described as "Average time between snap and throwing the ball OR pressure"

(11-02-2022, 09:34 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 09:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: blah, blah, blah

Tua
Jimmy G
Burrow
Stafford
Davis Mills
Lawrence get an average of 2.3 seconds

Kyler/Brady/Rodgers/Rush/Walker get 2.2 

Also that pocket time stat we're refrencing is described as "Average time between snap and throwing the ball OR pressure"

right - the only three that got less time who played eight games all have losing records exactly as I stated
glad you agree

and Burrow is the only guy listed here that has a similar pocket time and a similar OL win rate

he is the PERFECT example of why these things matter. His team team is 4-4 after a strong postseason last year and does not look the same

(11-02-2022, 09:24 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 09:16 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Definitely, he air mails a few passes every game, what about the other 30++ though? You sit here and act like every single throw he makes is 15 yards over the WR. It's bull [BLEEP] and you know it.

If those few errant passes were the only mistakes he was making, we wouldn't be 2-6 and you know that. the accuracy is a problem, the decision making has been the killer. He has essentially thrown a pick or fumbled in every single game winning drive he's had aside from one? Accuracy, Decision Making, Ability to perform in the Clutch these are all things he seriously struggles with that need to improve on his end.

We will know next year if he is what we want him to be. Ridley is a top 10 WR if he's the same guy he was before and I have no doubt he wont be the only playmaker added to the team in the offseason. So if all of Trevors issues are simply because he dosen't have the talent around him, or because he's in a new scheme we should see a different guy year 3. That's the hope, but it would be nice to at least see some progress in year 2.

Of course he has things he needs to work on... He's a freshly turned 23 year old QB with 25 games under his belt. 17 of which being mostly wasted. Hes been the younger QB on the field in every NFL game hes played.

As I've said before, the Good he shows outweighs the Bad. You might refuse to believe that, but it's the reality of the situation.

Anyways, this isn't a Lawrence thread and I'm done wasting my time while you talk in circles on the matter, as usual.

(11-02-2022, 09:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 09:24 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: If those few errant passes were the only mistakes he was making, we wouldn't be 2-6 and you know that. the accuracy is a problem, the decision making has been the killer. He has essentially thrown a pick or fumbled in every single game winning drive he's had aside from one? Accuracy, Decision Making, Ability to perform in the Clutch these are all things he seriously struggles with that need to improve on his end.

Of course he has things he needs to work on... He's a freshly turned 23 year old QB with 25 games under his belt. 17 of which being mostly wasted. Hes been the younger QB on the field in every NFL game hes played.

As I've said before, the Good he shows outweighs the Bad. You might refuse to believe that, but it's the reality of the situation.

Anyways, this isn't a Lawrence thread and I'm done wasting my time while you talk in circles on the matter, as usual.

That's just untrue, but here's to hoping that becomes reality through the second half of the season.

(11-02-2022, 09:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 09:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Figured you didn't. You would have got a prime example that life isn't that easy without your Top 5 WR.

Can you just tell me one thing tho. I think we can all agree, Trevor has thrown uncatchable passes over his WRs heads in practically every game this season. In what way would Jamarr Chase remedy that situation? Is he 9 feet tall?

Better yet, would Jamarr Chase have somehow magically caught those goal line 1 yard ints? Would he have recovered those 4 fumbles in Philly? I'm not denying that a top 5 WR or o-line wouldn't help Trevor, but I'm curious as to how that fixes his individual mistakes. This is the disconnect I have with some other fans.

...if the last pass he threw against the Broncs was high and over his WR's head, we might have seen another down.

I still think that a lot of those "over" throws are by design.

(11-03-2022, 03:24 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 09:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Of course he has things he needs to work on... He's a freshly turned 23 year old QB with 25 games under his belt. 17 of which being mostly wasted. Hes been the younger QB on the field in every NFL game hes played.

That's just untrue, but here's to hoping that becomes reality through the second half of the season.
It isn’t true or false. It is subjective and most people seem to believe it to be true. You don’t and we all get it. The team does, so he will be your starting QB for awhile.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2022, 02:59 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-04-2022, 07:57 AM)ClemsonRob Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 03:24 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: That's just untrue, but here's to hoping that becomes reality through the second half of the season.
It isn’t true or false. It is subjective and most people seem to believe it to be true. You don’t and we all get it. The team does, so he will be your starting QB for awhile.

I mean it's obvious no ones gonna change their mind, but I am curious in what you think you've seen this season to say he's had more good moments than bad.

(11-04-2022, 07:51 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 09:10 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Can you just tell me one thing tho. I think we can all agree, Trevor has thrown uncatchable passes over his WRs heads in practically every game this season. In what way would Jamarr Chase remedy that situation? Is he 9 feet tall?

Better yet, would Jamarr Chase have somehow magically caught those goal line 1 yard ints? Would he have recovered those 4 fumbles in Philly? I'm not denying that a top 5 WR or o-line wouldn't help Trevor, but I'm curious as to how that fixes his individual mistakes. This is the disconnect I have with some other fans.

...if the last pass he threw against the Broncs was high and over his WR's head, we might have seen another down.

I'm talking about the over throws where it's too high to be caught, thrown towards a WR who is wide open. Seems to happen every game, specifically in the first few drives.

Something that he's had trouble with since before he was here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPIvVluZGss

(11-04-2022, 03:02 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 07:51 AM)Mikey Wrote: ...if the last pass he threw against the Broncs was high and over his WR's head, we might have seen another down.

I'm talking about the over throws where it's too high to be caught, thrown towards a WR who is wide open. Seems to happen every game, specifically in the first few drives.

Offensive Line protection is the topic of the thread

TL is 24th in the league in sacks, 20th in knock downs, and tied for 15th in hurries.

He is also 2nd in poor passes.

It's not the line.

(11-04-2022, 04:07 PM)Predator Wrote: TL is 24th in the league in sacks, 20th in knock downs, and tied for 15th in hurries.

It's not the line.

not taking specific issue here, but this is partial story. Need to know where he ranks as far as time from snap to pass, is he getting the ball out faster than anyone else (or most) in the league? If so, that might account for low sack/knockdown numbers.

For example, if we throw 25 times a game, and another team throws 45 times a game, is the other team's line worse if they have 12 sacks to our 8? They've blocked on almost twice as many pass plays, but only have half as many more sacks as we do.

I rarely take any single stat to heart. You need more info to get the whole picture.

I’m curious how one tracks hurries. I mean we all know what it looks like when a defender makes the qb throw sooner than he wants, but that seems like it could be clear in some instances and murky in others.

Is it easier to hurry Brady then Lamar? If Lamar is initially hurried but scrambles to an open area and has time to plant and throw is it a hurry?

(11-04-2022, 04:07 PM)Predator Wrote: TL is 24th in the league in sacks, 20th in knock downs, and tied for 15th in hurries.

It's not the line.

You've made a case that he evades pressure well 

Not a case for protection 

Pressure from LT, LG and C are just as much a problem as his inaccuracy

It's not the line.

Yes because of his ability to navigate the pocket. He has a great feel inside the pocket and had it since day 1.

The OL is just as much of an issue as Lawrence's accuracy is at times.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2022, 05:14 PM by ChrisJagBoy. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-04-2022, 05:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

It's not the line.

(11-04-2022, 05:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

It's not the line.

Yes because of his ability to navigate the pocket. He has a great feel inside the pocket and had it since day 1.

It's both. The line hasn't been great and neither has Lawrence when the line has done good. It's not one or the other. Just like It wasn't just the WRs/coach last year. It's a combination of both the QB and the other players. Not just one or the other.

Like I said, probably wont be sure what the future holds until next year unfortunately.

(11-04-2022, 05:08 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

It's not the line.

Naw, dude, he's so bad that it needed talking about in an offensive line thread.

(11-04-2022, 03:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 03:02 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I'm talking about the over throws where it's too high to be caught, thrown towards a WR who is wide open. Seems to happen every game, specifically in the first few drives.

Offensive Line protection is the topic of the thread

Who does the lines protection affect?

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2022, 05:22 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(11-04-2022, 05:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

It's not the line.

I agree, he does evade pressure well. The next step will be taking advantage of that ability. When he goes from evading a sack, and then completing a pass it will be a gigantic step forward. It dosen't help if he evades a sack and then throws a pick. 

This is the type of thing I really want to see him do more often in the second half of the year.

Is Ben Bartch still out from injury? can't remember.