Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

(11-07-2022, 05:30 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 04:36 AM)cincyjacket Wrote: I would expect a first round draft pick to outperform an undrafted free agent.

But would you expect a first round draft pick to average 6 carries a game for the first half of the season, only start to get a larger workload in week 7 and then still eclipse 1k? because ETN likely would be sniffing 1500-1600 yards maybe more had he been used the way we're using him now, from week 1. He's insane.

As we saw yesterday he wouldn't survive the season that way. It took 30 touches yesterday, many more of those and we're talking career limiting numbers. Which is why backs aren't 1st round value picks.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2022, 07:46 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-07-2022, 07:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 05:30 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: But would you expect a first round draft pick to average 6 carries a game for the first half of the season, only start to get a larger workload in week 7 and then still eclipse 1k? because ETN likely would be sniffing 1500-1600 yards maybe more had he been used the way we're using him now, from week 1. He's insane.

As we saw yesterday he wouldn't survive the season that way. It took 30 touches yesterday, many more of those and we're talking career limiting numbers. Which is why backs aren't 1st round value picks.
Do you still wish we drafted Barmore or Elijah Moore?  They would of been the wrong pick and i was high on both along with Etienne.  You always take the best player and not draft for position

(11-07-2022, 07:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 07:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As we saw yesterday he wouldn't survive the season that way. It took 30 touches yesterday, many more of those and we're talking career limiting numbers. Which is why backs aren't 1st round value picks.
Do you still wish we drafted Barmore or Elijah Moore?  They would of been the wrong pick and i was high on both along with Etienne.  You always take the best player and not draft for position

ETN is a weapon more than just a running back. Also a pick in the 20s is very different to a top 10. I was happy when we selected him, the offence needed something ,almost anything, to make it more effective.

(11-07-2022, 07:47 AM)WYjagsfan Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 07:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Do you still wish we drafted Barmore or Elijah Moore?  They would of been the wrong pick and i was high on both along with Etienne.  You always take the best player and not draft for position

ETN is a weapon more than just a running back. Also a pick in the 20s is very different to a top 10. I was happy when we selected him, the offence needed something ,almost anything, to make it more effective.
Ok Urban lol.  He's a very good back.

(11-07-2022, 07:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 07:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As we saw yesterday he wouldn't survive the season that way. It took 30 touches yesterday, many more of those and we're talking career limiting numbers. Which is why backs aren't 1st round value picks.
Do you still wish we drafted Barmore or Elijah Moore?  They would of been the wrong pick and i was high on both. You always take the best player and not draft for position

Yes, I like ETN but if he's on this pace in two years he'll start declining right when the team is hitting the top half of their ascension curve. Now, injury aside, I still think Lawrence would be farther ahead at this point with a WR from that spot, however, so much changed because of the dumpster fire last season that it's hard to know. Everything thats happened brought us here, and I'm good with where we're going now. ETN is exciting to watch and a really good player, but he's not a foundational player for this team in the long term I think. It's the nature of the position.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-07-2022, 07:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 07:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Do you still wish we drafted Barmore or Elijah Moore?  They would of been the wrong pick and i was high on both. You always take the best player and not draft for position

Yes, I like ETN but if he's on this pace in two years he'll start declining right when the team is hitting the top half of their ascension curve. Now, injury aside, I still think Lawrence would be farther ahead at this point with a WR from that spot, however, so much changed because of the dumpster fire last season that it's hard to know. Everything thats happened brought us here, and I'm good with where we're going now. ETN is exciting to watch and a really good player, but he's not a foundational player for this team in the long term I think. It's the nature of the position.

Lolol, imagine still thinking you wish we drafted Moore or Barmore over Etienne lol.  He's most definitely a foundanal.player for this team.  [BLEEP] are you talking about lol.  Imagine thinking guys like Barkley, Henry, Chubb, Kamara ,CMC,  Cook, etc. aren't foundational type players because they're a RB.... lmao

(11-07-2022, 07:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 07:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, I like ETN but if he's on this pace in two years he'll start declining right when the team is hitting the top half of their ascension curve. Now, injury aside, I still think Lawrence would be farther ahead at this point with a WR from that spot, however, so much changed because of the dumpster fire last season that it's hard to know. Everything thats happened brought us here, and I'm good with where we're going now. ETN is exciting to watch and a really good player, but he's not a foundational player for this team in the long term I think. It's the nature of the position.

Lolol, imagine still thinking you wish we drafted Moore or Barmore over Etienne lol.  He's most definitely a foundanal.player for this team.  [BLEEP] are you talking about lol.  Imagine thinking guys like Barkley, Henry, Chubb, Kamara ,CMC,  Cook, etc. aren't foundational type players because they're a RB.... lmao

He's a player using up his good playing years on a max 6 win team. RB is the last piece, not the first. Meanwhile you're crying about the win/loss record this year because you don't understand basic principles of team building. I understand that you've never seen a good team get built, but if you pay attention to a few other teams you'll see consistent moves they make to be good.

(11-07-2022, 08:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 07:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lolol, imagine still thinking you wish we drafted Moore or Barmore over Etienne lol.  He's most definitely a foundanal.player for this team.  [BLEEP] are you talking about lol.  Imagine thinking guys like Barkley, Henry, Chubb, Kamara ,CMC,  Cook, etc. aren't foundational type players because they're a RB.... lmao

He's a player using up his good playing years on a max 6 win team. RB is the last piece, not the first. Meanwhile you're crying about the win/loss record this year because you don't understand basic principles of team building. I understand that you've never seen a good team get built, but if you pay attention to a few other teams you'll see consistent moves they make to be good.

6 years? That's  an eternity in this league.  When you draft you don't draft you don't draft for 7 years down the road lol.  You would be a horrible team builder because you draft for position even if means passing up an elite talent because he plays a certain position.  Always take the best player, I don't care if it's a safety, guard ,RB.  Build your team with elite players at any position you can get them.

(11-07-2022, 08:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 08:14 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's a player using up his good playing years on a max 6 win team. RB is the last piece, not the first. Meanwhile you're crying about the win/loss record this year because you don't understand basic principles of team building. I understand that you've never seen a good team get built, but if you pay attention to a few other teams you'll see consistent moves they make to be good.

6 years? That's  an eternity in this league.  When you draft you don't draft you don't draft for 7 years down the road lol.  You would be a horrible team builder because you draft for position even if means passing up an elite talent because he plays a certain position.  Always take the best player, I don't care if it's a safety, guard ,RB.  Build your team with elite players at any position you can get them.
So if the BAP is a RB in round 1 and again in round 2, you’re taking the RB?

I mean you did say always…..

(11-07-2022, 08:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 08:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 6 years? That's  an eternity in this league.  When you draft you don't draft you don't draft for 7 years down the road lol.  You would be a horrible team builder because you draft for position even if means passing up an elite talent because he plays a certain position.  Always take the best player, I don't care if it's a safety, guard ,RB.  Build your team with elite players at any position you can get them.
So if the BAP is a RB in round 1 and again in round 2, you’re taking the RB?

We have already went over and over.  The only time you don't is if you are so loaded at a position he won't see the field.  When are we ever so loaded at a position?  If there is a really good player there when you pick and you are loaded at the position then trade back.  How many times have we been so loaded at a position where the guy won't see the field?

(11-07-2022, 08:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 08:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So if the BAP is a RB in round 1 and again in round 2, you’re taking the RB?

We have already went over and over.  The only time you don't is if you are so loaded at a position he won't see the field.  When are we ever so loaded at a position?  If there is a really good player there when you pick and you are loaded at the position then trade back.  How many times have we been so loaded at a position where the guy won't see the field?
Oh so it’s not “always”. So sometimes you pivot to a position of need on a player with a similar grade? Who woulda thought…..

Looks like you’re not a true BAP guy after all. Welcome to the club.

(11-07-2022, 08:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 08:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have already went over and over.  The only time you don't is if you are so loaded at a position he won't see the field.  When are we ever so loaded at a position?  If there is a really good player there when you pick and you are loaded at the position then trade back.  How many times have we been so loaded at a position where the guy won't see the field?
Oh so it’s not “always”. So sometimes you pivot to a position of need on a player with a similar grade? Who woulda thought…..

We have went over this more times I can count and you still don't understand lol.

(11-07-2022, 08:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 08:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have already went over and over.  The only time you don't is if you are so loaded at a position he won't see the field.  When are we ever so loaded at a position?  If there is a really good player there when you pick and you are loaded at the position then trade back.  How many times have we been so loaded at a position where the guy won't see the field?

Don't bother, dude.

Jags will draft 3 positions of need within their first four picks in 2023, and count on two of them to start if not more, but he'll still tell you they were BAP on the board and not drafted for need.

Are there still people actually arguing that we should not have drafted Etienne at pick # 25?

(11-07-2022, 08:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 08:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oh so it’s not “always”. So sometimes you pivot to a position of need on a player with a similar grade? Who woulda thought…..

Don't bother, dude.

Jags will draft 3 positions of need within their first four picks in 2023, and count on two of them to start if not more, but he'll still tell you they were BAP on the board and not drafted for need.

Every position is a need other than QB, RB, ILB

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2022, 08:53 AM by Cleatwood.)

(11-07-2022, 08:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Are there still people actually arguing that we should not have drafted Etienne at pick # 25?
Glad the Jags have him but it’s not a draft pick that I would have made. Especially considering they had JRob already.

That’s all.

(11-07-2022, 08:43 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-07-2022, 08:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oh so it’s not “always”. So sometimes you pivot to a position of need on a player with a similar grade? Who woulda thought…..

We have went over this more times I can count and you still don't understand lol.
Per usual, it’s not me who doesn’t understand…..

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2022, 08:58 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-07-2022, 08:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Are there still people actually arguing that we should not have drafted Etienne at pick # 25?

Yes, because he likely won't be here in 7 years and he plays RB lol

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2022, 09:02 AM by Newton. Edited 1 time in total.)

I don’t care if he was over drafted. We have needed an offensive playmaker. That left sweep play when he broke two tackles and took it for a first down was what we have been missing for quite a while on the running back side. Robinson was a great running back. He will do well and will be in this league a while. However, Etienne has the possibility to be a top five running back that truly changes how teams have to play our offense. Combine this with Trevor scrambling a little more , and all the sudden it gets much harder for defenses.

(11-07-2022, 09:01 AM)Newton Wrote: I don’t care if he was over drafted. We have needed an offensive playmaker.  That left sweep play when he broke two tackles and took it for a first down was what we have been missing for quite a while on the running back side. Robinson was a great running back. He will do well and will be in this league a while. However, Etienne  has the possibility to be a top five running back that truly changes how teams have to play our offense. Combine this with Trevor scrambling a little more ,  and all the sudden it gets much harder for defenses.

He's 5th in rushing right now and has less carries than anyone in the top 9

(11-07-2022, 08:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Glad the Jags have him but it’s not a draft pick that I would have made. Especially considering they had JRob already.

I know you wouldn't have drafted him.  But I sure would have.