Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yet Another Transgender Sports Article

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/z7tFlQdGnW0

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/i1FpAst3l1k
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-18-2022, 01:04 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Prediction Time:

Within the next few years, we'll have Queen James in the WNBA on a massive back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back title run.

And no one will still give two rats backsides about the WNBA!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-20-2022, 06:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 01:04 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Prediction Time:

Within the next few years, we'll have Queen James in the WNBA on a massive back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back title run.

And no one will still give two rats backsides about the WNBA!

The WNBA is about as exciting as a Daytona 500 with golf carts.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-26-2022, 02:06 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 06:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: And no one will still give two rats backsides about the WNBA!

The WNBA is about as exciting as a Daytona 500 with golf carts.

Naw…I’d actually watch the 500 with golf carts! Laughing

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2022, 02:59 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

Warning: Language

Also funny.

(11-26-2022, 02:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 02:06 PM)Sneakers Wrote: The WNBA is about as exciting as a Daytona 500 with golf carts.

Naw…I’d actually watch the 500 with golf carts! Laughing

Yeah, I think we'd all be down for the first 50 miles of that at least...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I bet there are two things Brittany Griner would like to be doing now: playing in a WNBA game and standing for the national anthem.

Biden will give them Viktor Bout in exchange for her, I just know it.

(11-26-2022, 02:59 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

Also funny.

Yeah, find a video that doesn’t have the words in closed caption right there on the front…

(11-26-2022, 03:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I bet there are two things Brittany Griner would like to be doing now: playing in a WNBA game and standing for the national anthem.

Biden will give them Viktor Bout in exchange for her, I just know it.

That would be the worst trade in the history of trades.

(11-26-2022, 05:54 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 02:59 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

Also funny.

Yeah, find a video that doesn’t have the words in closed caption right there on the front…

That's weird. On YouTube, it had a different thumbnail. Oh well.... audio only version:

"Women failed the WNBA" - Bill Burr - YouTube

(11-26-2022, 09:48 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 05:54 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Yeah, find a video that doesn’t have the words in closed caption right there on the front…

That's weird. On YouTube, it had a different thumbnail. Oh well.... audio only version:

Much better, no f bombs front and center this time.

(11-26-2022, 10:00 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 09:48 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's weird. On YouTube, it had a different thumbnail. Oh well.... audio only version:

Much better, no f bombs front and center this time.

[Image: OK-However-Curse-Front-Your-Parents.gif]

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(11-26-2022, 09:48 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 05:54 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Yeah, find a video that doesn’t have the words in closed caption right there on the front…

It's a great point that needs to be said.  Female pro athletes should be paid in line with the ticket and TV revenue they produce, no more, no less.  What the men make is irrelevant.  
He's exagerrating how low the interest is though. WNBA and NWSL are both averaging about 5,000 fans per game, compared to about 20,000 for the men's leagues.  But the TV ratings are much much lower.

(11-26-2022, 10:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 09:48 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's weird. On YouTube, it had a different thumbnail. Oh well.... audio only version:

It's a great point that needs to be said.  Female pro athletes should be paid in line with the ticket and TV revenue they produce, no more, no less.  What the men make is irrelevant.  
He's exagerrating how low the interest is though. WNBA and NWSL are both averaging about 5,000 fans per game, compared to about 20,000 for the men's leagues.  But the TV ratings are much much lower.

So what you're saying is that women pretty much don't care about women's sports but you found a way to nitpick his truth anyway. Got it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-26-2022, 10:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:

5,000 vs 20,000 and $17 average ticket price vs $89 average ticket price.  

$85,000 ticket revenue per game vs $1,780,000.  

That's the best gauge of actual interest in the games.

(11-27-2022, 09:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 10:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's a great point that needs to be said.  Female pro athletes should be paid in line with the ticket and TV revenue they produce, no more, no less.  What the men make is irrelevant.  

5,000 vs 20,000 and $17 average ticket price vs $89 average ticket price.  

$85,000 ticket revenue per game vs $1,780,000.  

That's the best gauge of actual interest in the games.

And that doesn't even account for the massive difference in values of the broadcast rights.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2022, 10:46 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-27-2022, 09:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-26-2022, 10:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's a great point that needs to be said.  Female pro athletes should be paid in line with the ticket and TV revenue they produce, no more, no less.  What the men make is irrelevant.  

So what you're saying is that women pretty much don't care about women's sports but you found a way to nitpick his truth anyway. Got it.

1) it doesn't matter if men or women are buying the tickets.  Money is money.  
2) he made it sound like there were only a few dozen fans at the games.  Correcting an error of a few percentage points is nitpicking. Two orders of magnitude is not.

(11-27-2022, 10:44 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 09:01 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So what you're saying is that women pretty much don't care about women's sports but you found a way to nitpick his truth anyway. Got it.

1) it doesn't matter if men or women are buying the tickets.  Money is money.  
2) he made it sound like there were only a few dozen fans at the games.  Correcting an error of a few percentage points is nitpicking.  Two orders of magnitude is not.

The point of his rant was that women are blaming men for women's sports failing. So, yes, his entire fracking point was that it absolutely DOES matter who is buying tickets. And a comedian using exaggeration for effect? Who ever heard of such a thing!!! I mean, everyone except for you I guess.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-27-2022, 11:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 10:44 AM)mikesez Wrote: 1) it doesn't matter if men or women are buying the tickets.  Money is money.  
2) he made it sound like there were only a few dozen fans at the games.  Correcting an error of a few percentage points is nitpicking.  Two orders of magnitude is not.

The point of his rant was that women are blaming men for women's sports failing. So, yes, his entire fracking point was that it absolutely DOES matter who is buying tickets. And a comedian using exaggeration for effect? Who ever heard of such a thing!!! I mean, everyone except for you I guess.

As I'm sure you'll remember from the halcyon days when liberals hung on every word from the lips of Jon Stewart, comedians should not be confused with journalists.  Many liberal viewers couldn't tell the difference between the true parts of Stewart's rants and the exaggerations, and that was bad for everyone. 

FWIW, I have never heard any female athlete blame men in general for the low salaries most of them get.  I've heard informed ones ask for more fan support from all genders,  and I've heard uninformed ones say that the male leagues just need to split the wealth 50/50.  Ive heard them blame male owners and male athletes, not male fans.

(11-27-2022, 01:43 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 11:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The point of his rant was that women are blaming men for women's sports failing. So, yes, his entire fracking point was that it absolutely DOES matter who is buying tickets. And a comedian using exaggeration for effect? Who ever heard of such a thing!!! I mean, everyone except for you I guess.

As I'm sure you'll remember from the halcyon days when liberals hung on every word from the lips of Jon Stewart, comedians should not be confused with journalists.  Many liberal viewers couldn't tell the difference between the true parts of Stewart's rants and the exaggerations, and that was bad for everyone. 

FWIW, I have never heard any female athlete blame men in general for the low salaries most of them get.  I've heard informed ones ask for more fan support from all genders,  and I've heard uninformed ones say that the male leagues just need to split the wealth 50/50.  Ive heard them blame male owners and male athletes, not male fans.

I'll believe Bill Burr over anyone at CNN, MSNBC, FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS or any other "cable news" source..

Pretty damn sad when common sense has become the shtick of some of our higher end comedians.

Why do you think that is?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]