Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
College Prospects - 2023

(11-16-2022, 05:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 04:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Quentin Johnston on the opening night of the draft or Dontay Demus Jr. in RD2, maybe A.T Perry in RD3. Those are about as good as it gets for me. 

Jalin Hyatt out of Tennessee is also ridiculous. I think he'll blow the doors off at the combine and at his PRO day though and end up going much higher than expected. Just like Johan Dotson did when he came out of Penn St. last year.
Where is he expected to go?
I think some obvious teams in need of speed and playmakers. Green Bay, Kansas City, Baltimore and Houston come to mind.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-19-2022, 05:52 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 05:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Where is he expected to go?
I think some obvious teams in need of speed and playmakers. Green Bay, Kansas City, Baltimore and Houston come to mind.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Jacksonville?

Gators pull scholarship offer to Nease QB Marcus Stokes after video shows him repeating racial slur while singing song (news4jax.com)

Did he say the N word? If it's used in the song, does that mean only black people are allowed to sing it? I'm all confused.

(11-20-2022, 04:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Gators pull scholarship offer to Nease QB Marcus Stokes after video shows him repeating racial slur while singing song (news4jax.com)

Did he say the N word? If it's used in the song, does that mean only black people are allowed to sing it? I'm all confused.

Some basic rules
1) No cameras.
2) If a song uses language that some may not like, maybe don't sing that one, especially if rule 1 is broken.

Maybe he should have listened to Cannibal Corpse, at least then nobody could actually claim to understand the lyrics, no matter how offensive they might be. (it's gotten me this far in life!)

(11-21-2022, 10:09 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 04:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Gators pull scholarship offer to Nease QB Marcus Stokes after video shows him repeating racial slur while singing song (news4jax.com)

Some basic rules
1) No cameras.
2) If a song uses language that some may not like, maybe don't sing that one, especially if rule 1 is broken.

Maybe he should have listened to Cannibal Corpse, at least then nobody could actually claim to understand the lyrics, no matter how offensive they might be. (it's gotten me this far in life!)

Josh Allen caught a lot of [BLEEP] for this as well when he entered the NFL coming out of Wyoming.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

He identifies as black.. So what's the problem?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Jags now at 11th according to Tankathon. Think we are in Michael Mayer range now.

(11-27-2022, 07:53 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Jags now at 11th according to Tankathon. Think we are in Michael Mayer range now.

Yeah. That's a good spot. Even for a WR. You could see Addison or Johnston there. If we win a few more games, which I honestly believe will be the case. I think they'll be in a spot to draft either Mayer at TE or a top tier LG/RT. I wouldn't rule out Joey Porter Jr. at CB though.

(11-27-2022, 07:53 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: Jags now at 11th according to Tankathon. Think we are in Michael Mayer range now.
I’m not taking a TE that high if he’s not Pitts or the kid from Georgia.

11th is perfect for one of the receivers or if they MUST go defense, a cornerback.

All depends on what the Jags do in March (Free agency starts)

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(11-28-2022, 01:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: All depends on what the Jags do in March (Free agency starts)

Based on this year's spending I don't expect them to be in the market for a whole lot. Maybe a veteran TE. Maybe a veteran Safety. Everything else is going to more than likely come from the draft. Would like to see Jenkins brought back. Would like to see Engram brought back. 

Hopefully if they string some more wins together they both might feel compelled to resign.

(11-28-2022, 02:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 01:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: All depends on what the Jags do in March (Free agency starts)

Based on this year's spending I don't expect them to be in the market for a whole lot. Maybe a veteran TE. Maybe a veteran Safety. Everything else is going to more than likely come from the draft. Would like to see Jenkins brought back. Would like to see Engram brought back. 

Hopefully if they string some more wins together they both might feel compelled to resign.
Jenkins is under contract next year

(11-29-2022, 12:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 02:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Based on this year's spending I don't expect them to be in the market for a whole lot. Maybe a veteran TE. Maybe a veteran Safety. Everything else is going to more than likely come from the draft. Would like to see Jenkins brought back. Would like to see Engram brought back. 

Jenkins is under contract next year

Word? Good to hear that.

(11-29-2022, 01:25 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(11-29-2022, 12:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jenkins is under contract next year

Word? Good to hear that.

Heh, I just assumed you meant we'd cut him and then offer him a lower deal to return after he cleared waivers. Silly mikey, thinking Caldrac is a savvy GM.... Big Grin

(11-28-2022, 08:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

Yeah. That's a good spot. Even for a WR. You could see Addison or Johnston there. If we win a few more games, which I honestly believe will be the case. I think they'll be in a spot to draft either Mayer at TE or a top tier LG/RT. I wouldn't rule out Joey Porter Jr. at CB though.

I think Porter Jr. if test good at the combine, will be one of our top prospects.  We could then play more man next year

https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...penn-state

One of the top tackle prospects return

The one time they have our needs accurate
https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-draft-...-qb-trades

Clark Phillips would be interesting. Move Williams back outside where he is best and could have a very good nickle corner. Dude has great ball skills and good tackler as well