Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Game Thread - Week 15 Cowgirls @ Jax ***

As of right now 52% of the tickets and 88% of the cash is coming in on the jags at +4. The sharps looooove us to keep this game close.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jaguars - 30
Cowgirls - 28

We'll be down 23 to 28 with 2:00 minutes left. We'll score with 5 seconds left in the game. Kick the PAT. Squib on the kick off and wrap it up.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-18-2022, 08:57 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Jaguars - 30
Cowgirls - 28

We'll be down 23 to 28 with 2:00 minutes left. We'll score with 5 seconds left in the game. Kick the PAT. Squib on the kick off and wrap it up.
If this hits, I’ll Venmo you money for a beer.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2022, 09:20 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-18-2022, 09:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 08:57 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Jaguars - 30
Cowgirls - 28

If this hits, I’ll Venmo you money for a beer.

Nice!

My optimism is through the [BLEEP] roof man. I can't help it. I genuinely believe in this team. I feel like I am eight years old all over again in 1996. Even around this same time of year I can still remember my Mom and Dad getting excited. My grandfather coming over to our three bedroom apartment at the time and crammed in the living room around the Christmas tree. Watching that team get lucky and hot, mostly lucky, LOL.

It's just exciting for me. I really hope this is the beginning of a nice, long stretch of winning football and hope in general in this city. My son will be 3 years old in April next year. Would just be [BLEEP] amazing to be able to take him to a home play off game in a few years from now. It's long overdue. Jacksonville has the best damn fanbase in this business. [BLEEP] what you heard! Listen!

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

If the Jaguars can get a run game going early, this will help the offense tremendously against the Cowboys. Cannot have Trevor passing too much. The Cowboys pass rush against the Jaguars offensive line will spell trouble.

Should get Cisco and Muma back in the lineup today. Have to contain their run game and force Dak to throw more often.

What is Travon's status?

(12-18-2022, 09:52 AM)Jagsman Wrote: What is Travon's status?

Not sure. They've been pretty mum about him. May end up being a game time decision.

Touchdown!!! Too soon?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(12-18-2022, 09:17 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 09:01 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If this hits, I’ll Venmo you money for a beer.

Nice!

My optimism is through the [BLEEP] roof man. I can't help it. I genuinely believe in this team. I feel like I am eight years old all over again in 1996. Even around this same time of year I can still remember my Mom and Dad getting excited. My grandfather coming over to our three bedroom apartment at the time and crammed in the living room around the Christmas tree. Watching that team get lucky and hot, mostly lucky, LOL.

It's just exciting for me. I really hope this is the beginning of a nice, long stretch of winning football and hope in general in this city. My son will be 3 years old in April next year. Would just be [BLEEP] amazing to be able to take him to a home play off game in a few years from now. It's long overdue. Jacksonville has the best damn fanbase in this business. [BLEEP] what you heard! Listen!

This is the most anticipation I have seen/experienced towards a Jaguars game since the Patriots revenge game in 2018.

While it's unfortunate we haven't had a team good enough to create this level of pre game excitement, it makes it a little more special when we do get a game of this importance.

But here's the thing. 

From a certain perse[ctive, this is or shouldn't be an important game.

If this team is built properly and develops accordingly, there will be far more important games-in terms of number and scope/magnitude.  Nevertheless, in terms of seeing this team develop before our eyes, this game is quite important.  If we win this game, there will be quite a bump in exposure for us.  I think the team will be far more confident, and the fans will be more confident in the team.

To quote the Kitty Kaelen song from the end of Avengers Endgame, "It's been a long long time."

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

You're absolutely right when you mention exposure. Like it or not but the only reason we will be exposed to a bigger audience this season is because of who we play. With regards to Trevor it would be good for his reputation among casual fans if he plays well today. As fans we have other reasons to want a good performance but I think we shouldn't underestimate what it does if other fans also start to feel that he's improved.

(12-18-2022, 10:09 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 09:17 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Nice!

This is the most anticipation I have seen/experienced towards a Jaguars game since the Patriots revenge game in 2018.

While it's unfortunate we haven't had a team good enough to create this level of pre game excitement, it makes it a little more special when we do get a game of this importance.

But here's the thing. 

From a certain perse[ctive, this is or shouldn't be an important game.

If this team is built properly and develops accordingly, there will be far more important games-in terms of number and scope/magnitude.  Nevertheless, in terms of seeing this team develop before our eyes, this game is quite important.  If we win this game, there will be quite a bump in exposure for us.  I think the team will be far more confident, and the fans will be more confident in the team.

To quote the Kitty Kaelen song from the end of Avengers Endgame, "It's been a long long time."

Agreed. Let's just sit back and enjoy the show! CHEERS MAN!!

We got to the stadium at 9:00. There’s already a line to park.

I don’t know why but I feel it in my bones that today will be a big day for Arden Key.

Good morning gents! It's a sunny cold morning here in NC. Perfect football weather. A Dallas fan on Instagram was complaining and asked if it was going to be cold in Duval. I guess traveling fans are tired of being cold. I laughed. Suck it up.

I'm feeling good about this game. I don't know how things will shake out but I'm feeling good about it.

(12-18-2022, 10:06 AM)Ronster Wrote: Touchdown!!! Too soon?

Nope. Jags defense gives up the first TD is pregame. Cowpokers 7, Jags zip.

(12-18-2022, 10:18 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: You're absolutely right when you mention exposure. Like it or not but the only reason we will be exposed to a bigger audience this season is because of who we play. With regards to Trevor it would be good for his reputation among casual fans if he plays well today. As fans we have other reasons to want a good performance but I think we shouldn't underestimate what it does if other fans also start to feel that he's improved.

All that the extra exposure means is that the refs are sure to help out the opponent even more today.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-18-2022, 08:41 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Jags just need to play the game for 60 minutes, and ignore how the refs are calling more pentlys on them then Dallas. the last 3 games refs have called more pentlys on Jags then opposseing team. They will be worse this week cause cowboys are Medias' team.

‘Medias team’ has the 4th most penalties in the league.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Last week, Pederson'd made a video that provided a little motivation to the team.

Hopfefully he can push those buttons again. I know much of the media continued to ignore the Jaguars this week, between the focus on the Eagles game to some laughing/scoffing at the idea of Jacksonville winning this game.

I just can’t pick a win. Cowboys have an offense loaded with weapons, just like Detroit. If we go down early it could get ugly

(12-18-2022, 09:52 AM)Jagsman Wrote: What is Travon's status?

I think there's no chance he plays. Disnt practice all week and was in a boot at the beginning of the week. We'll be lucky if he plays against the jets.

I’m just going to watch. But I don’t think our Jaguars win this game. And yes the Jags got lucky in 1996. Mike Hollis hit 4 or 5 “doinks” off the uprights that season. 2 doinks in the playoffs, and both playoff wins were by 3 points.

(12-18-2022, 08:39 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Let's freaking go today Jags. The country will be watching so let's show them this isn't the same old Jags. Everything points to a Dallas win but I just can't shake this feeling we are going to win today. 

All I want from us today is effort and smart, mistake free football. Then we have a real chance

As excited as we are for this game, can you imagine if we WIN this game?!?

Could you imagine if the team actually wins the next three and the Tacks game is for all of the division marbles?

A hated tack team way past teetering on the edge of collapse and our beloved Jaguars at the beginning of what appears to be a lengthy ascent?!?

Absolute pandemonium!  We're talking about a community wide catharsis for 22 years of frustration.

But that begins today though.  It has to.