Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(12-31-2022, 03:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I missed the heyday of the Landing. I had been there a few times during its decline and it never impressed me. My last experience was the year I ran the Tour de Pain. The final run was a mile sizzler downtown followed by live music with free pizza and beer at the Landing. Homeless were everywhere. One tried to avail himself of the pizza and when the attendants refused him, while explaining that it was for the runners, he went into a full screaming meltdown in the middle of the crowd. Cops were standing to the side and did nothing. I knew right then I would never return to that place.

My dads company built the landing back in the day. I still have a parking meter that one of the workers backed into with a big piece of equipment and knocked it off it’s base. Dad brought it home for me, it was full of coins too. Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I played 18 holes of something vaguely resembling golf today.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-31-2022, 04:03 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 03:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I missed the heyday of the Landing. I had been there a few times during its decline and it never impressed me. My last experience was the year I ran the Tour de Pain. The final run was a mile sizzler downtown followed by live music with free pizza and beer at the Landing. Homeless were everywhere. One tried to avail himself of the pizza and when the attendants refused him, while explaining that it was for the runners, he went into a full screaming meltdown in the middle of the crowd. Cops were standing to the side and did nothing. I knew right then I would never return to that place.

My dads company built the landing back in the day. I still have a parking meter that one of the workers backed into with a big piece of equipment and knocked it off it’s base. Dad brought it home for me, it was full of coins too. Ninja

I bet you sat there with a screwdriver and tried to crack that sucker open too lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(12-31-2022, 05:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I played 18 holes of something vaguely resembling golf today.

I played 18 with my sons yesterday. I did okay on the front nine. My short game was a little off, but the longer sticks were doing well. Then I had a couple of beers, and it went straight downhill. Unlike pool, or horseshoes, when moderate alcohol consumption actually improves my game, it does an instant nosedive with golf. But that's okay, it's not often I get to play with both sons since one lives in the Miami area.

(12-31-2022, 05:17 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 04:03 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: My dads company built the landing back in the day. I still have a parking meter that one of the workers backed into with a big piece of equipment and knocked it off it’s base. Dad brought it home for me, it was full of coins too. Ninja

I bet you sat there with a screwdriver and tried to crack that sucker open too lolol

Psssh….my dad did it for me. Big Grin 

If I recall correctly, there was something like $37 in it.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2022, 06:32 PM by Jags.)

(12-31-2022, 06:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 05:17 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I bet you sat there with a screwdriver and tried to crack that sucker open too lolol

37 bucks? Dayum!  Didn’t know they’d hold that much.  Plus, waaaay back then, it was probably worth so much more.    Wink

(12-31-2022, 05:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 05:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I played 18 holes of something vaguely resembling golf today.

I played 18 with my sons yesterday. I did okay on the front nine. My short game was a little off, but the longer sticks were doing well. Then I had a couple of beers, and it went straight downhill. Unlike pool, or horseshoes, when moderate alcohol consumption actually improves my game, it does an instant nosedive with golf. But that's okay, it's not often I get to play with both sons since one lives in the Miami area.

It is weird.  Billiards and horseshoes need a “loosening up”.  I can imagine golf being different.  Hopefully you stuck it to the whipersnappers and played 20-50 a hole.  Like, have them pay for a small portion of their own inheritance.

(12-31-2022, 05:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I was only 3 over after eight holes.  I managed to tack on another 17 over on the last ten.  I was somewhat less than enthused.  Unfortunately, beer was not to blame.  Merely horrendous golf.

(12-30-2022, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 12:55 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Is it inside your pant leg?

Yeah, but, like really low.

Well, that certainly eliminates one possibility.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-31-2022, 07:18 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 07:48 PM)Jags Wrote: Yeah, but, like really low.

Well, that certainly eliminates one possibility.

Please let it be STDs.

(12-31-2022, 07:20 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 07:18 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Well, that certainly eliminates one possibility.

Please let it be STDs.

Or...

[Image: tammykayphoto160200020.jpg]

(12-31-2022, 07:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 07:20 PM)Jags Wrote: Please let it be STDs.

Or...

Close.  I figured it happened while he was trimming the hedge and watching some hot housewife in the pool.

(12-31-2022, 06:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 05:17 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I bet you sat there with a screwdriver and tried to crack that sucker open too lolol

Hmmmm.. $37 average per machine.

Lots of those evil things scattered around town..

(And I just sat here for 5 minutes thinking on how to take them things down in a hurry)

Realizing that I'm a little under the influence right now, I'm gonna eat some of these salt n' vinegar chips and forget everything I just said, and did for the day.

(12-31-2022, 07:46 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 07:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Or...

Close.  I figured it happened while he was trimming the hedge and watching some hot housewife in the pool.

Silly you!   The hot housewives seem to avoid us.  Not used to be the case.  But as I grew older, grew my hair and beard out, I’ve unfortunately became the guy no on e wants to approach.  Luckily, for me, I’ve got a good business rapport.  So people keep coming. Just not those wives.  

I remember in my early years, some have been friendly to me.  I was too stupid or young to notice.  But I was also spoken for.  I chalked it up to them being nice.  But make no mistake, they wanted me.  Fast forward 16 years all I want is their money.

(12-31-2022, 08:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 06:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Psssh….my dad did it for me. Big Grin 

(And I just sat here for 5 minutes thinking on how to take them things down in a hurry)

Realizing that I'm a little under the influence right now, I'm gonna eat some of these salt n' vinegar chips and forget everything I just said, and did for the day.

[Image: cool-hand-luke-screen-shot-2019-07-02-at...C432&ssl=1]

(12-31-2022, 08:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 06:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Psssh….my dad did it for me. Big Grin 

I doubt they’d be that profitable any longer. Most take cards now, don’t they?

(12-31-2022, 09:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 08:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Hmmmm.. $37 average per machine.

I doubt they’d be that profitable any longer. Most take cards now, don’t they?

No idea, never use them lol

https://twitter.com/notBilly/status/1608...UF1Ug&s=19

I think the last time I was down there was 2009 or 2010 and it was going downhill for sure but still a nice open space for music and fireworks. The homeless situation wasn't as prevalent. I hear the library downtown has become a hotspot for the homeless folks.

(01-01-2023, 12:59 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I think the last time I was down there was 2009 or 2010 and it was going downhill for sure but still a nice open space for music and fireworks. The homeless situation wasn't as prevalent. I hear the library downtown has become a hotspot for the homeless folks.

That whole area is because they have the shelters right there. I go to the main post office on King Street a lot and they’re everywhere around there.

Ugh.  Taking the outside lights down today.  This is the last year.  Not gonna do it again.  I’ll cheat and get some of those hologram lights starting next year. No more ladders for me.

FedEx delivered this today, $50 at Goodwill....... The complete Monty Python.....

[Image: IMG_0916.JPG]
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."