Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WEEK 17/ DAMAR HAMLIN Updates

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2023, 07:16 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-04-2023, 06:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 07:50 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: It was mentioned that he was resuscitated twice !!!

Once on field and once at the hospital

Scary stuff

No that was false, he was only resuscitated once and that was on the field.

He was breathing with 100% of a ventilator, now he's breathing with only 50% of the ventilator, so that's good news.

They said he suffered some lung damage though.
Hopefully, there is limited brain damage having been w/o oxygen for as long as he was.  Any word on brain activity?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-04-2023, 07:15 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 06:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote: No that was false, he was only resuscitated once and that was on the field.

He was breathing with 100% of a ventilator, now he's breathing with only 50% of the ventilator, so that's good news.

They said he suffered some lung damage though.
Hopefully, there is limited brain damage having been w/o oxygen for as long as he was.  Any word on brain activity?

Haven't seen anything, they obviously have him medically put to sleep for the safest possible healing process. But yea, the brain activity will be the big question. 9-10 Minutes is a long time.

I got a buddy who's a firefighter and he said 20 minutes is usually how long they'll do CPR on somebody before calling it. He said anything after 10 minutes and they're usually gone, so it was a good sign they were able to get circulation going in that time frame. Which is obviously the hardest part. Said only about 1 out of every 8 people who get CPR survive.

(01-04-2023, 07:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 07:15 PM)Jags Wrote: Hopefully, there is limited brain damage having been w/o oxygen for as long as he was.  Any word on brain activity?

Haven't seen anything, they obviously have him medically put to sleep for the safest possible healing process. But yea, the brain activity will be the big question. 9-10 Minutes is a long time.

I got a buddy who's a firefighter and he said 20 minutes is usually how long they'll do CPR on somebody before calling it. He said anything after 10 minutes and they're usually gone, so it was a good sign they were able to get circulation going in that time frame. Which is obviously the hardest part. Said only about 1 out of every 8 people who get CPR survive.
I wonder if they had a defibrillator , u would think the medical staff would have had one on them

Really hoping for this young man. Please pull through.

(01-05-2023, 12:33 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 07:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Haven't seen anything, they obviously have him medically put to sleep for the safest possible healing process. But yea, the brain activity will be the big question. 9-10 Minutes is a long time.

I wonder if they had a defibrillator , u would think the medical staff would have had one on them

Reports were that they used an AED on him on the field. With CPR as well obviously.

Brain activity looks good and lungs are healing per today's update. Go Jags an pray for Hamlin. Whateva the decision just don't mess up our playoffs

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 12:40 PM by WingerDinger.)

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1611...cXLEA&s=19

God is Good!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-05-2023, 12:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1611...cXLEA&s=19

God is Good!
And all the doctors and medical staff who were first on the scene to save his life.

They should be given special shoutouts.

(01-05-2023, 01:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 12:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1611...cXLEA&s=19

God is Good!
And all the doctors and medical staff who were first on the scene to save his life.

Definitely..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 02:10 PM by carp8dm. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-05-2023, 01:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

God is Good!

God, Allah, Jehovah, Buddah, The Football Gods

But, more specifically, the professionals that saved his life!  The doctors and medical staff are the real heroes!!!

Thoughts and prayers are great.  But the fact that there was real medical staff there.  They saved this young man.  And thank God, Allah, Buddha, Jehovah, luck, karma, good planning by humans that care,  and the Football Gods for that!

(01-05-2023, 02:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...OvTIKe6idg

Unreal!

Just to be clear, from what I've seen he is still unable to speak but he wrote this questions down for doctors.

I don't even know the dude or anything about him, but I'll have to admit I'm getting teary eyed reading the positive progress.  I honestly thought he was a goner.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-05-2023, 04:19 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 02:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...OvTIKe6idg

Unreal!

Just to be clear, from what I've seen he is still unable to speak but he wrote this questions down for doctors.

I don't even know the dude or anything about him, but I'll have to admit I'm getting teary eyed reading the positive progress.  I honestly thought he was a goner.

Absolutely fantastic news!

I don't know who is chopping onions around here, but they better stop it!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Unreal!

I always thought that he would "recover" in some form.  I expected him to have some kind of brain damage.  Whether he spoke or wrote questions is miraculous and a great tribute to the care he was given from the field to the hospital.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-05-2023, 05:22 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 04:19 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Just to be clear, from what I've seen he is still unable to speak but he wrote this questions down for doctors.

I always thought that he would "recover" in some form.  I expected him to have some kind of brain damage.  Whether he spoke or wrote questions is miraculous and a great tribute to the care he was given from the field to the hospital.

Absolutely.  The medical care he received ON THE FIELD was a major key.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Definitely it was. Having an AED is key

Good for him! Tough [BLEEP] mother [BLEEP]. Way to fight young man! Beating the odds and and telling them to [BLEEP] off. Well played Hamlin, well played! Keep fighting as the prayers flow!

Unreal!

He currently can't speak because he still has a breathing tube down his throat, but the fact that he's showing motor functions is great news. As well as the fact that he remembered exactly what he was doing right before the incident is great as well.

This man right here is a hero. Assistant Athletic trainer for the Bills who played a massive role in saving Damar's life. He's the one who acted fast and administered the CPR to Hamlin on the field. A true legend.
https://twitter.com/DDawkins66/status/16...4173119490