Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(01-27-2023, 06:29 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 05:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I'll tell you why... because he's tapdancing around calling it gain-of-function. It's one thing to speed up evolution as a predictive measure, like what we were doing with Flu. It's another to do "selective structure mutations to increase potency." His words. That's gain-of-function. If it weren't gain-of-function, why would he say, "don't' tell anybody." I mean, it's just the thing we've been doing forever, right? Why the secrecy for such and above-board procedure?

Do you really need an answer to this when you read what Ronster and other RWNJs post?

Yes. The truth is the best defense. 

If all they are doing is predictive evolution, the guy would and could just say that. That's either recombination or RANDOM mutation. And we'd have a track record of doing that. However, for the flu, it was generally accepted that we ran predictive models and algorithms. If that's all we were doing, he'd tell the journalist, "yeah... it's standard procedure. It's how you try to prepare vaccines for future mutations." But that's not at all what the dude is saying. He's literally saying they are researching SELECTIVE structure mutations, and that it's risky. That's just gain-of-function renamed. Same exact concept. Is there something I'm misunderstanding about this subject?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-27-2023, 08:10 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 06:29 PM)captivating Wrote: Do you really need an answer to this when you read what Ronster and other RWNJs post?

Yes. The truth is the best defense. 

If all they are doing is predictive evolution, the guy would and could just say that. That's either recombination or RANDOM mutation. And we'd have a track record of doing that. However, for the flu, it was generally accepted that we ran predictive models and algorithms. If that's all we were doing, he'd tell the journalist, "yeah... it's standard procedure. It's how you try to prepare vaccines for future mutations." But that's not at all what the dude is saying. He's literally saying they are researching SELECTIVE structure mutations, and that it's risky. That's just gain-of-function renamed. Same exact concept. Is there something I'm misunderstanding about this subject?

And...so what? What is the problem? You haven't said what the problem is. Is it illegal? Are they breaking the law in some way? Why do we care what he called it?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Legality and ethically are not mutually exclusive. There is a reason he doesn't want that to be public knowledge, and generally speaking, we should be pretty vigilant about how and where we allow those kinds of developments. I don't feel comfortable with private companies being able to do whatever they want with viruses. It's potentially worse than a nuclear bomb. This does not mean that NO company can do this, but I want to know what they are working with, and I want to know that it's properly maintained. We can't even have nuclear reactors because of the potential fallout.

(01-27-2023, 12:38 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 12:17 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: @LuckyToLast don't come over now, weather is [BLEEP] 

Really humid,  come over springtime much nicer

Lol, what are you talking about?

Pinged wrong user sorry lol

Meant to ping NewJagsCity lol, I got u w mixed up , xause I think it was him that said he wanted to come down to aus but couldn't cause of our vax laws..which have since changed and u dont have to be vaccinated to enter the country

(01-27-2023, 11:32 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Legality and ethically are not mutually exclusive. There is a reason he doesn't want that to be public knowledge, and generally speaking, we should be pretty vigilant about how and where we allow those kinds of developments. I don't feel comfortable with private companies being able to do whatever they want with viruses. It's potentially worse than a nuclear bomb. This does not mean that NO company can do this, but I want to know what they are working with, and I want to know that it's properly maintained. We can't even have nuclear reactors because of the potential fallout.

So, it's just opinion then. Thanks!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2023, 01:27 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

Man, you are just solving SO many problems on this board. Pfizer should just keep doing what they are doing, and transgender men should just keep stripping for kids. He's cracked the code, everyone. No more getting mad about obviously flawed positions if someone disagrees with you...

(01-28-2023, 01:25 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Man, you are just solving SO many problems on this board. Pfizer should just keep doing what they are doing, and transgender men should just keep stripping for kids. He's cracked the code, everyone. No more getting mad about obviously flawed positions if someone disagrees with you...

Well, we solved the problem that the current Pfizer hub bub is nothing but a hub bub, bub. But hey, you guys are distracted by more misinformation brokers, so I guess it's succeeding. At what exactly we don't know. Or why someone wants you guys out there howling at the moon about this stuff, but it's pretty clear that someone somewhere must be benefiting from it.

Or... maybe... it's not insane to want full transparency when private businesses are messing with life threatening technology. But sure... continue to pretend it's perfectly fine for people to mutate viruses behind closed doors. Great idea.

When a story like this breaks, it's good to have media scrutiny and public accountability, not indifference.

(01-28-2023, 02:12 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 12:38 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Lol, what are you talking about?

Pinged wrong user sorry lol

Meant to ping NewJagsCity lol, I got u w mixed up , xause I think it was him that said he wanted to come down to aus but couldn't cause of our vax laws..which have since changed and u dont have to be vaccinated to enter the country

Yes, been watching the Aus Open, the players look hot and sweaty, thanks for the shout out and info. We will be there most likely in 2024, along with NZ.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(01-29-2023, 12:25 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Or... maybe... it's not insane to want full transparency when private businesses are messing with life threatening technology. But sure... continue to pretend it's perfectly fine for people to mutate viruses behind closed doors. Great idea.

When a story like this breaks, it's good to have media scrutiny and public accountability, not indifference.

It's not like that ever resulted in a global pandemic or anything....

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 03:52 PM by jj82284.)

(01-27-2023, 10:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 08:09 AM)copycat Wrote: I stand by my original assessment that this was released by the Chinese government on purpose to upset the global economy due to failing/falling yen vs the USD and Trump holding their feet to the fire over trade imbalances.

I don't know that the origin was such, but I have no trouble believing that this was bio-warfare or a bio-war related accidental release. I postulated somewhere back there where L2L is reading that the population's response the roll out of the vaccine might have been much different if the government came out and said, "we have proof that this was an intentional attack by a foreign power"; then it would not be a matter of public health but one of defensive warfare and people would've been of a different mindset.

(01-26-2023, 11:57 PM)Ronster Wrote: How many more people have too die suddenly before you admit, this one time, right here on this subject, you are wrong. 

You ignore and/or malign everything that has been presented to you. I got news for you pal, your human just like me. No better no worse, and on that human level , YES; even you are fallible. 

Take the L , you’ve earned it..

You guys keep saying this and yet the statistics don't support your position. You are suffering from the Object Permanence fallacy, ie now that you know sudden deaths happen you are looking for them. Just because you didn't know they were there before doesn't mean they weren't, you just have an awareness of them now. The change is you not them.

Excess mortality statistics disagree with u.  Vaers disagrees with u.

(01-27-2023, 03:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 03:10 PM)Ronster Wrote: Republican Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-TX), a member of the Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic, is demanding answers from Pfizer following viral allegations of the pharmaceutical giant deliberately engaging in gain-of-function research by intentionally mutating the Chinese coronavirus.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/...-research/

Can you tell me why this is a problem?

Do u covid bro?

Neither do as has been repeatedly shown.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2023, 05:54 PM by jj82284. Edited 1 time in total.)

3k plus weekly excess deaths in UK. Just a coincidence.

(01-29-2023, 04:57 PM)jj82284 Wrote: 3k plus weekly excess deaths in UK.  Just a coincidence.

Nothing to do with the vaccine, everything to do with their broken healthcare system. But don't stop believing!

(01-29-2023, 06:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 04:57 PM)jj82284 Wrote: 3k plus weekly excess deaths in UK.  Just a coincidence.

Nothing to do with the vaccine, everything to do with their broken healthcare system. But don't stop believing!
It's over the 5 year average, so unless it just stopped working recently the numbers have nothing to do with that as the poor healthcare.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(01-29-2023, 07:26 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 06:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Nothing to do with the vaccine, everything to do with their broken healthcare system. But don't stop believing!
It's over the 5 year average, so unless it just stopped working recently the numbers have nothing to do with that as the poor  healthcare.

Source? And yeah, we're coming out of a pandemic so, 5 years is pretty irrelevant.

The magical power of vaccines.

(01-29-2023, 09:40 PM)jj82284 Wrote: The magical power of vaccines.

Or, you know, math.

https://youtu.be/RV7I8kUw8EA
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(01-29-2023, 07:26 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(01-29-2023, 06:32 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Nothing to do with the vaccine, everything to do with their broken healthcare system. But don't stop believing!
It's over the 5 year average, so unless it just stopped working recently the numbers have nothing to do with that as the poor  healthcare.

And just for anyone who wants to look deeper at the NHS, here's an article that outlines their current challenges. I am not a proponent of nationalized healthcare, so these things aren't really surprising, but it does explain what you're alluding to as being the vaccine killing people. They are experiencing a similar age-based boom as we are where a large portion of our population are just getting to the point where they are high utilization because they're getting old, so there aren't enough care providers in general not to mention the stresses put on us all by the pandemic.

https://news.sky.com/story/nhs-crisis-ho...k-12785174