Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

From comedy legend Mel Brooks comes #HistoryOfTheWorldPart2, streaming March 6 on #DisneyPlus.
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

OK, I'll be arrivng back in Jax tomorrow, 2/12 on the Amtrak at approx 9:30am...... I always love and have a great time when I'm in Jax......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(02-11-2023, 12:15 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK, I'll be arrivng back in Jax tomorrow, 2/12 on the Amtrak at approx 9:30am...... I always love and have a great time when I'm in Jax......

I wonder if you pass through my area on your route from MD to FL. When I took the train to Jax several years ago it was an overnight, the only one they offer, so I'm wondering if your overnighter is the same one that goes through Moore County/Southern Pines here in NC. Our station is in downtown Southern Pines. 

I hope you have a great trip! You'll be missing out on a cold and wet Sunday. I know that makes you sad. Lol

(02-11-2023, 12:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 12:15 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK, I'll be arrivng back in Jax tomorrow, 2/12 on the Amtrak at approx 9:30am...... I always love and have a great time when I'm in Jax......

I wonder if you pass through my area on your route from MD to FL. When I took the train to Jax several years ago it was an overnight, the only one they offer, so I'm wondering if your overnighter is the same one that goes through Moore County/Southern Pines here in NC. Our station is in downtown Southern Pines. 

I hope you have a great trip! You'll be missing out on a cold and wet Sunday. I know that makes you sad. Lol

I have no idea americus. I usualy get a sleeper car and I'm sound asleep by the tine we roll through NC.

A rather strange pairing here........

McDonald's Agrees to Take Down McCrispy Ad - People Point Out What It Was Next To

[Image: Mcc.jpeg]

https://www.westernjournal.com/mcdonalds...v5M4QskGSA

We just bought like $30 worth of Girl Scout Cookies..

The Smores Cookies are pretty damn addictive.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(02-11-2023, 03:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: We just bought like $30 worth of Girl Scout Cookies..

Little Crack dealers and their gateway thin mints.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-12-2023, 07:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-11-2023, 03:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: We just bought like $30 worth of Girl Scout Cookies..

I bought 4 boxes last Sunday.............and I've been out since Friday night.  Now I'm afraid to go to the grocery store.  They've moved into the neighborhood and every Publix and Winn-Dixie is covered.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-12-2023, 07:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

They were completely out of Thin Mints yesterday. But that's ok, that's the only kind I ever had and I wanted to try something new. The Tagalongs and The Samoas are pretty damn good too. Not a big fan of coconut, but it didn't have too much in it.

Wanted to try their new kind, The Raspberry something, forget. They said that kind was for online orders only..

(02-12-2023, 10:45 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 07:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Little Crack dealers and their gateway thin mints.

They were completely out of Thin Mints yesterday. But that's ok, that's the only kind I ever had and I wanted to try something new. The Tagalongs and The Samoas are pretty damn good too. Not a big fan of coconut, but it didn't have too much in it.

Wanted to try their new kind, The Raspberry something, forget. They said that kind was for online orders only..

So it's a little effort, but if you take a box of Samoas and freeze them then crumble them (big pieces not powdery) over a scoop or three of butter pecan ice cream something magical happens.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-13-2023, 11:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-12-2023, 10:45 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: They were completely out of Thin Mints yesterday. But that's ok, that's the only kind I ever had and I wanted to try something new. The Tagalongs and The Samoas are pretty damn good too. Not a big fan of coconut, but it didn't have too much in it.

So it's a little effort, but if you take a box of Samoas and freeze them then crumble them (big pieces not powdery) over a scoop or three of butter pecan ice cream something magical happens.

Actually, that doesn't sound too bad. The wife actually does something similar with regular coconut cookies and when she makes her own coconut cream pies.

Pretty good when used as a topping. I'm just not a big enough coconut fan to do that haha

So 2 boxes huh? Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-13-2023, 01:24 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

So 2 boxes huh? Laughing

Damn near, right?

All the boxes were $5 a box, except for The Smores Cookies that were $6.

Highway robbery lol

(02-13-2023, 01:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 11:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So it's a little effort, but if you take a box of Samoas and freeze them then crumble them (big pieces not powdery) over a scoop or three of butter pecan ice cream something magical happens.

Actually, that doesn't sound too bad. The wife actually does something similar with regular coconut cookies and when she makes her own coconut cream pies.

Pretty good when used as a topping. I'm just not a big enough coconut fan to do that haha

That works with Thin Mints too.

P.S. The little dealers-in-training got me again at the Winn Dixie yesterday.

I once had a girl at a bar say to me that she would go home with me but........ She'd probably hate herself in the morning.............. I just told her to sleep until noon!........... Bada Bing!!!!!!

(02-14-2023, 06:58 AM)The Drifter Wrote: I once had a girl at a bar say to me that she would go home with me but........ She'd probably hate herself in the morning.............. I just told her to sleep until noon!........... Bada Bing!!!!!!

Alternative responses.

That's okay, I'm not going to care for you very much in the morning either.

No need to go anywhere, we can do it in the back seat of my car.

It may not take until morning, let me tell you what I want to do.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2023, 08:23 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-14-2023, 08:12 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-14-2023, 06:58 AM)The Drifter Wrote: I once had a girl at a bar say to me that she would go home with me but........ She'd probably hate herself in the morning.............. I just told her to sleep until noon!........... Bada Bing!!!!!!

Alternative responses.

That's okay, I'm not going to care for you very much in the morning either.

No need to go anywhere, we can do it in the back seat of my car.

It may not take until morning, let me tell you what I want to do.

You’re both thinking all wrong.

Correct response is:

“Same here, let’s just get it over with already.

This chick is hilarious.

https://youtube.com/shorts/OXxJm3Y_mTM?feature=share

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2023, 01:01 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-16-2023, 10:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This chick is hilarious.

https://youtube.com/shorts/OXxJm3Y_mTM?feature=share

I just discovered her a week ago.  I've been binge-watching her ever since, and I can't stop laughing.

Here's a good one.   

(1) Philomena Cunk's most HILARIOUS interviews | Cunk on Earth - BBC - YouTube

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2023, 01:04 PM by The Drifter.)

And all this time I thought Pot made you stupid...........

[Image: cm.jpg]