Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
DeSantis - Interesting

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blo...ore-243923

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just a push back against all the 'hate speech' laws proposed by the Left up to this point. Predictable, expected and necessary.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Interesting. Not sure how I feel about that yet. I could easily see something like this being exploited, but it's also not uncommon for businesses to have to register with the state in some way. For example, as a real estate agent, you have to register with the DBPR to maintain your license, which can be taken away for ethical reasons. At some point, we need to do something about activist journalism... I just don't see a way to do that without it being abused.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 11:15 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

I don't like it. Why should a blogger have to register anywhere? Seems like an easier way to be targeted and [BLEEP] with by the state for exercising your freedom of speech. Let the court of public opinion handle the common rabble. There's been plenty of people, especially notable influencers such as Alex Jones and Joe Rogan, completely blasted, called out, vilified and hammered publicly for their takes and opinions.

So, again, why should anybody, especially a blogger, have to register for the right to talk [BLEEP] about a politician or politics? It's no different than the bashing we see between the red ties and blue ties in today's arena. How is it any different? Seems like a way of deeming somebody a "homeland threat to democracy" or an "extremist" if you ask me. This conveniently straddles that fine rope of how China is instituting that social credit / score system.

"Oh, you don't like DeSantis it says here on your profile here, well, unfortunately it looks like we're going to decline your services here to fly this plane today, goodbye!". It's all being carefully hidden in fine print behind hate crime speeches apparently. There's always a catch with these crooks. The one thing we should all know by now when it comes to Big Brother. If you give them an inch? They'll take a mile... also, your freedoms, your land, your job, your money, etc"

[BLEEP] these people and [BLEEP] the horse they rode into town on.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2023, 12:14 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-03-2023, 11:13 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't like it. Why should a blogger have to register anywhere? Seems like an easier way to be targeted and [BLEEP] with by the state for exercising your freedom of speech. Let the court of public opinion handle the common rabble. There's been plenty of people, especially notable influencers such as Alex Jones and Joe Rogan, completely blasted, called out, vilified and hammered publicly for their takes and opinions.

So, again, why should anybody, especially a blogger, have to register for the right to talk [BLEEP] about a politician or politics? It's no different than the bashing we see between the red ties and blue ties in today's arena. How is it any different? Seems like a way of deeming somebody a "homeland threat to democracy" or an "extremist" if you ask me. This conveniently straddles that fine rope of how China is instituting that social credit / score system.

"Oh, you don't like DeSantis it says here on your profile here, well, unfortunately it looks like we're going to decline your services here to fly this plane today, goodbye!". It's all being carefully hidden in fine print behind hate crime speeches apparently. There's always a catch with these crooks. The one thing we should all know by now when it comes to Big Brother. If you give them an inch? They'll take a mile... also, your freedoms, your land, your job, your money, etc"

I agree with you that its stupid and shouldn't be the job of government to do this, but as L2L said above, activist journalism should be the target here. I think its intentionally extreme to point out the general absurdity of this sort of speech enforcement, and it pushes back against the Left in this arena at their own level using their own tactics against them..
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

This is nonsense, it's a clear 1A violation and would be tossed out like yesterday's fish. The guy proposing it should be tossed out of the Legislature along with this [BLEEP] bill.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023, 01:14 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-03-2023, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: This is nonsense, it's a clear 1A violation and would be tossed out like yesterday's fish. The guy proposing it should be tossed out of the Legislature along with this [BLEEP] bill.

I totally agree.  Requiring people to register with the state in order to write about the state is completely unconstitutional.

And if DeSantis has a lick of sense, he will knock this thing down immediately.  This is not, as they say, "a good look."

(03-03-2023, 11:19 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 11:13 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't like it. Why should a blogger have to register anywhere? Seems like an easier way to be targeted and [BLEEP] with by the state for exercising your freedom of speech. Let the court of public opinion handle the common rabble. There's been plenty of people, especially notable influencers such as Alex Jones and Joe Rogan, completely blasted, called out, vilified and hammered publicly for their takes and opinions.

I agree with you that its stupid and shouldn't be the job of government to do this, but as L2L said above, active journalism should be the target here.  I think its intentionally extreme to point out the general absurdity of this sort of speech enforcement, and it pushes back against the Left in this arena at their own level using their own tactics against them..

Two wrongs don’t make a right, as they say. Let the left wallow in their own mess.

I saw a Fox News personality went to Metro Diner in PVB and asked about 2024. He did not find a single person willing to speak up for Biden, and the only person willing to speak up for DeSantis said "either him or Trump". Everyone else said "Trump."

Fix this. If you want me to stop talking about this, fix it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-03-2023, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: I saw a Fox News personality went to Metro Diner in PVB and asked about 2024.  He did not find a single person willing to speak up for Biden, and the only person willing to speak up for DeSantis said "either him or Trump".  Everyone else said "Trump."

Fix this.  If you want me to stop talking about this, fix it.

Trump 2024 is going to fix it, he won't be able to run for a third term.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Watch out. Mamacus don't like when people bring Trump into the conversation.

(03-03-2023, 02:40 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Watch out.  Mamacus don't like when people bring Trump into the conversation.

Ninja 

If he is relevant to the conversation I don't care. To throw him in the conversation just to counter a leftist SNAFouledU to show how awful Trump was? That's dumb and childish. Argue the point, don't throw a hand grenade in the mix just to "prove" something.

(03-03-2023, 01:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 01:20 PM)mikesez Wrote: I saw a Fox News personality went to Metro Diner in PVB and asked about 2024.  He did not find a single person willing to speak up for Biden, and the only person willing to speak up for DeSantis said "either him or Trump".  Everyone else said "Trump."

Fix this.  If you want me to stop talking about this, fix it.

Trump 2024 is going to fix it, he won't be able to run for a third term.

Yes because we've seen how well Trump stays within the limits of the Constitution. 
If he wins in 2024, and doesn't croak by 2028, guaranteed he will try to say he deserves a third term for some reason.  Why would his character change now?

(03-04-2023, 10:04 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-03-2023, 01:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Trump 2024 is going to fix it, he won't be able to run for a third term.

Yes because we've seen how well Trump stays within the limits of the Constitution. 
If he wins in 2024, and doesn't croak by 2028, guaranteed he will try to say he deserves a third term for some reason.  Why would his character change now?

Again with your delusions. Is he the President now? No. So all this crying you're doing is in response to a lie you told yourself. Get some help man.

(03-04-2023, 06:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 10:04 AM)mikesez Wrote: Yes because we've seen how well Trump stays within the limits of the Constitution. 

Again with your delusions. Is he the President now? No. So all this crying you're doing is in response to a lie you told yourself. Get some help man.

Yes we'll just need our police and soldiers to stand firm for another insurrection attempt, and then it will all be fine.

(03-04-2023, 11:05 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 06:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Again with your delusions. Is he the President now? No. So all this crying you're doing is in response to a lie you told yourself. Get some help man.

Yes we'll just need our police and soldiers to stand firm for another insurrection attempt, and then it will all be fine.

Still on that lie are we? Lol.

(03-04-2023, 11:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 11:05 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yes we'll just need our police and soldiers to stand firm for another insurrection attempt, and then it will all be fine.

Still on that lie are we? Lol.

Why don't we have a dead horse emoji? We really need one.

(03-05-2023, 03:44 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 11:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Still on that lie are we? Lol.

Why don't we have a dead horse emoji? We really need one.

The horse isn't dead yet.  The horse is running for President.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blo...n-payment/

Just keeps getting better...

(03-07-2023, 09:23 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blo...n-payment/

Just keeps getting better...

The reporting requirement wasn’t even three years old. It was a COVID decree. This is like canceling COVID era Medicare expansion. It served a purpose for a national crisis and the crisis is over.