Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free Agency 2023

(03-07-2023, 06:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You have to get hom some WRs and a TE.  He had nobody to throw too.
Now where have I heard that before…..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-07-2023, 06:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 06:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You have to get hom some WRs and a TE.  He had nobody to throw too.
Now where have I heard that before…..

Exactly

Giants pulled a pre-2022 jags. Ouch

(03-07-2023, 07:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 06:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Now where have I heard that before…..

Exactly
Do you even know who I’m talking about? Hahaha 

You likely don’t.

(03-07-2023, 07:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 07:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Exactly
Do you even know who I’m talking about? Hahaha 

You likely don’t.

We were all saying it last year for Trevor.  But it goes for every QB.  You have to give a QB some some weapons to throw too

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2023, 07:57 PM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-07-2023, 07:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 07:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Do you even know who I’m talking about? Hahaha 

You likely don’t.

We were all saying it last year for Trevor.  But it goes for every QB.  You have to give a QB some some weapons to throw too
I was referring to Bortles.

They made the same mistake by extending Bortles thinking that one run to the playoffs after an extremely average season was indicative of future performance.

Moncreif. ASJ. Chark. Norwell. Got him some weapons and he was still the same dude he always was. The Giants will grab middling WRs and TEs but ultimately come to the conclusion that DJ just isn’t good.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2023, 08:09 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-07-2023, 07:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 07:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We were all saying it last year for Trevor.  But it goes for every QB.  You have to give a QB some some weapons to throw too
I was referring to Bortles.

They made the same mistake by extending Bortles thinking that one run to the playoffs after an extremely average season was indicative of future performance.

Moncreif. ASJ. Chark. Norwell. Got him some weapons and he was still the same dude he always was. The Giants will grab middling WRs and TEs but ultimately come to the conclusion that DJ just isn’t good.

Moncrief, hahahaha.  You call that weapons?  Lol.  He had weapons when he had A Rob and Hurns, he threw for 35 TDs and 4500 yards.  I think the tools for DJ are there.  Draft Johnston or Hyatt and get one of these TEs and I think DJ can improve a good bit.  I'd even try to get Hopkins

(03-07-2023, 08:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 07:48 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I was referring to Bortles.

Moncrief, hahahaha.  You call that weapons?  Lol.  He had weapons when he had A Rob and Hurns, he threw for 35 TDs and 4500 yards.  I think the tools for DJ are there.  Draft Johnson or Hyatt and get one of these TEs and I think DJ can improve a good bit.  I'd even try to get Hopkins
Moncrief was a horrible signing but they got what they perceived were weapons for him.

Just like the Giants will do. They will sign some average to below average weapons to try and make it work but it’ll ultimately fail. And that failure will ultimately be because of DJ.

Just watch. This will implode.

Well now the Ravens have made a move. They put the non-exclusive franchise tag on their QB.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lamar...her-teams/

I was hoping we could get a deal done with Engram and do this to Taylor, but alas....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-07-2023, 08:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 08:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Moncrief, hahahaha.  You call that weapons?  Lol.  He had weapons when he had A Rob and Hurns, he threw for 35 TDs and 4500 yards.  I think the tools for DJ are there.  Draft Johnson or Hyatt and get one of these TEs and I think DJ can improve a good bit.  I'd even try to get Hopkins
Moncrief was a horrible signing but they got what they perceived were weapons for him.

Just like the Giants will do. They will sign some average to below average weapons to try and make it work but it’ll ultimately fail. And that failure will ultimately be because of DJ.

I kind of agree, except that Daboll may be a better coach than Marrone. It's sort of apples to apples, but comparing McIntosh to Red Delicious.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2023, 09:17 AM by Mikey.)

(03-07-2023, 09:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 09:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Or it could be the GOAT loves the game.  Miami would likely be the favorites if he goes there

Could get that 8th ring.  Him and his family is in Tampa so he wouldn't have to go far.  Miami would be very scary if they add Brady
I'm sure he does love the game. And if you do, just say "I don't know what I'm going to do" instead of retiring TWICE and making it all about yourself.

He's a diva. Plain and simple.

He should sign with the Jest just to tick off A. A. Ron. Out-diva the diva!

(03-07-2023, 08:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 08:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Moncrief, hahahaha.  You call that weapons?  Lol.  He had weapons when he had A Rob and Hurns, he threw for 35 TDs and 4500 yards.  I think the tools for DJ are there.  Draft Johnson or Hyatt and get one of these TEs and I think DJ can improve a good bit.  I'd even try to get Hopkins

/pops popcorn preemptively

(03-07-2023, 09:47 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Well now the Ravens have made a move. They put the non-exclusive franchise tag on their QB.

I was hoping we could get a deal done with Engram and do this to Taylor, but alas....

Best part is nobody is nibbling at the bait, Ballimer gonna have to overpay to mend fences at this point, and I don't know that money is enough to mend them.

(03-08-2023, 09:18 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-07-2023, 09:47 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Well now the Ravens have made a move. They put the non-exclusive franchise tag on their QB.

Best part is nobody is nibbling at the bait, Ballimer gonna have to overpay to mend fences at this point, and I don't know that money is enough to mend them.

It's an interesting situation. Lamar representing himself is an interesting part of this problem as well. A good agent could probably talk some sense into him.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-08-2023, 09:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 09:18 AM)Mikey Wrote: Best part is nobody is nibbling at the bait, Ballimer gonna have to overpay to mend fences at this point, and I don't know that money is enough to mend them.

It's an interesting situation. Lamar representing himself is an interesting part of this problem as well. A good agent could probably talk some sense into him.

I can’t believe the situation Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens have on their hands. They are playing around with a former MVP QB as if they don’t won’t to sign him to a mega deal. 

Shannon Sharpe said Jackson and the Ravens are $100 million apart. This is why you sign your stars. 

The Jaguars mishandled Ramsey. 

I pray they handle Trevor Lawrence’s deal the right way. This is the last thing we need.

(03-08-2023, 06:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 09:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It's an interesting situation. Lamar representing himself is an interesting part of this problem as well. A good agent could probably talk some sense into him.

I can’t believe the situation Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens have on their hands. They are playing around with a former MVP QB as if they don’t won’t to sign him to a mega deal. 

Shannon Sharpe said Jackson and the Ravens are $100 million apart. This is why you sign your stars. 

I pray they handle Trevor Lawrence’s deal the right way. This is the last thing we need.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1006...-after-tag

(03-08-2023, 06:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 09:51 AM)Caldrac Wrote: It's an interesting situation. Lamar representing himself is an interesting part of this problem as well. A good agent could probably talk some sense into him.

That tells me he is probably looking for Mahomes money $450-$500M, and for that price, yeah, I let him walk, too. Remember that he has never finished a season in his career taking all the starting snaps. That's big risk when you are talking about a guy that is going to hamstring your cap for the foreseeable future.

I don't know if I spend franchise caliber money on a guy who is one hit from losing the best part of his game (see also Robert Griffin).

(03-09-2023, 09:39 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 06:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I can’t believe the situation Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens have on their hands. They are playing around with a former MVP QB as if they don’t won’t to sign him to a mega deal. 

That tells me he is probably looking for Mahomes money $450-$500M, and for that price, yeah, I let him walk, too. Remember that he has never finished a season in his career taking all the starting snaps. That's big risk when you are talking about a guy that is going to hamstring your cap for the foreseeable future.

I don't know if I spend franchise caliber money on a guy who is one hit from losing the best part of his game (see also Robert Griffin).

I heard he wanted Mahomes money AND a contract with Deshaun Watson contract structure.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-10-2023, 12:20 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(03-09-2023, 09:39 AM)Mikey Wrote: That tells me he is probably looking for Mahomes money $450-$500M, and for that price, yeah, I let him walk, too. Remember that he has never finished a season in his career taking all the starting snaps. That's big risk when you are talking about a guy that is going to hamstring your cap for the foreseeable future.

I heard he wanted Mahomes money AND a contract with Deshaun Watson contract structure.

You know what they say about people who represent themselves in court?

Kinda the same when they choose to be their own agent.

(03-10-2023, 09:33 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 12:20 AM)Jag149 Wrote: I heard he wanted Mahomes money AND a contract with Deshaun Watson contract structure.

You know what they say about people who represent themselves in court?

Worse case scenario for Jackson. He bet on himself and got injured. Then the backup almost wins a playoff game. That being said, if you trust their messae boards, their fanbase seems divided between dumping Jackson and dumping Harbaugh / GM. I'm glad we arent having to make their decision.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2023, 11:27 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-10-2023, 10:32 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-10-2023, 09:33 AM)Mikey Wrote: You know what they say about people who represent themselves in court?

Worse case scenario for Jackson. He bet on himself and got injured. Then the backup almost wins a playoff game. That being said, if you trust their messae boards, their fanbase seems divided between dumping Jackson and dumping Harbaugh / GM.  I'm glad we arent having to make their decision.

That team really hasn't been the same since Ozzie Newsome stepped down from the General Manager role and took over a more behind-the-scenes role. 

I think it's crazy that Bisciotti has not resolved this by now. John Harbaugh is a solid football coach. He reminds me a bit of Bill Cowher. Seems to get a lot out of his talent around him. 

Just need to figure out the QB situation there and move on already. You either commit to Jackson or you rebuild with a new QB. Harbaugh should remain there though. If I were Baltimore I would be looking at low risk / high reward alternatives incase Jackson ultimately does get signed up elsewhere. 

Jimmy G and Minshew are solid options for the time being. I would also be looking at drafting a QB like Hendon Hooker or Tanner McKee if I were them as an insurance policy.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."