Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason Roster Moves

(03-14-2023, 12:10 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 10:46 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Even if we pretend for a moment that he's a player that we would want to bring back... we can't afford him.

I'd want him as a player back for sure, but like others have stated his price tag is the issue.

I would not want him back at any price, after he FAKED AN INJURY TO FORCE US TO TRADE HIM. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We need to resign Patterson

(03-13-2023, 08:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 07:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: By letting Manhertz go, it's obvious we're targeting Tebow
Don’t bring that loser into this!

Bad juju!

We're signing Juju?!?!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2023, 08:12 AM by Mikey.)

(03-13-2023, 04:46 PM)MojoKing Wrote: So we not gonna get anybody? We need to at least pick up a DB or OL or Pass Rusher (If we don’t keep Key)

I get how you're unfamiliar with how good teams do this. FA is for patching, not for splashing. We did our splashing the last two years.

I have a feeling we'll put a deal together for Key, especially now that we know Taylor is out of the question.

We ain't gonna turn heads with any of the dudes we sign away from teams. This is good.

(03-13-2023, 08:23 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 04:46 PM)MojoKing Wrote: So we not gonna get anybody? We need to at least pick up a DB or OL or Pass Rusher (If we don’t keep Key)

I wonder what this board would be like if we had given Taylor 4 years 80 mill, 60 guaranteed. LOL not even gonna add the switch to LT..

bunch of folks woulda probably pulled an OLM and abandoned ship

(03-13-2023, 08:29 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Miami got Ramsey for a 3rd?  We could have matched that.  Maybe we can get Bradberry or Gardner-Johnson?

They got Ramsey for a third, but he comes with his normal baggage and likely a desire to re-do his deal.

We didn't want nor need either of those things.

(03-13-2023, 08:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 08:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Don’t bring that loser into this!

Bad juju!

Loser?  bwahahahahaha.  Dude has won in life in everything he does.

Just for you

https://youtu.be/BqIrm4H9-7I

...except NFL footballing, which is the prime consideration for any judgments here. I'll disregard his foray into MiLB for the sake of your "always a winner" statement.

(03-14-2023, 08:09 AM)Mikey Wrote:

I get how you're unfamiliar with how good teams do this. FA is for patching, not for splashing. We did our splashing the last two years.

I have a feeling we'll put a deal together for Key, especially now that we know Taylor is out of the question.

We ain't gonna turn heads with any of the dudes we sign away from teams. This is good.

(03-13-2023, 08:23 PM)Jag149 Wrote: I wonder what this board would be like if we had given Taylor 4 years 80 mill, 60 guaranteed. LOL not even gonna add the switch to LT..

bunch of folks woulda probably pulled an OLM and abandoned ship

(03-13-2023, 08:29 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Miami got Ramsey for a 3rd?  We could have matched that.  Maybe we can get Bradberry or Gardner-Johnson?

They got Ramsey for a third, but he comes with his normal baggage and likely a desire to re-do his deal.

We didn't want nor need either of those things.

Free agency is for patching, not for splashing. I love that. I agree. The real work begins in April.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-14-2023, 08:14 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 08:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Loser?  bwahahahahaha.  Dude has won in life in everything he does.

Just for you

https://youtu.be/BqIrm4H9-7I

...except NFL footballing, which is the prime consideration for any judgments here. I'll disregard his foray into MiLB for the sake of your "always a winner" statement.
You're wrong again.  He has more wins than he has losses

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...boTi00.htm

https://youtu.be/UpsbtEz-12k

(03-14-2023, 08:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 08:14 AM)Mikey Wrote: ...except NFL footballing, which is the prime consideration for any judgments here. I'll disregard his foray into MiLB for the sake of your "always a winner" statement.
You're wrong again.  He has more wins than he has losses

How the [BLEEP] are posts like this still a thing in 2023?

Take a page from Frozen and let it go man.

(03-14-2023, 08:32 AM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 08:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You're wrong again.  He has more wins than he has losses

How the [BLEEP] are posts like this still a thing in 2023?

I'm not the one that brought him up.  You got the wrong guy.  I just had to de-bunk the lies.  He's still winning, just look at his wife.

(03-14-2023, 08:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 08:32 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: How the [BLEEP] are posts like this still a thing in 2023?

I'm not the one that brought him up.  You got the wrong guy.  I just had to de-bunk the lies.  He's still winning, just look at his wife.

Duly noted,  Now, why don't we see if we can get Dave Casper ?  He is a good TE....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-13-2023, 06:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags very quiet out there so far.

Jawaan gone. Manhertz gone. Other teams in on Key.

Interesting so far.

Wonder with manhertz being let go they may be targeting Darnell Washington in the draft ? Already arguably as good a blocker with huge potential in the passing game.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2023, 10:27 AM by Cleatwood.)

(03-14-2023, 09:10 AM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(03-13-2023, 06:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jags very quiet out there so far.

Jawaan gone. Manhertz gone. Other teams in on Key.

Interesting so far.

Wonder with manhertz being let go they may be targeting Darnell Washington in the draft ? Already arguably as good a blocker with huge potential in the passing game.
Still time in FA but as of now, I think CB is a bigger priority than TE but neither are as big as pass rush help.

(03-14-2023, 10:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 09:10 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: Wonder with manhertz being let go they may be targeting Darnell Washington in the draft ? Already arguably as good a blocker with huge potential in the passing game.
Still time in FA but as of now, I think CB is a bigger priority than TE but neither are as big as pass rush help.

Uhm.. OLine?

After 2023 what O-linemen do we have on the books?

We need to pick up two O-linemen in the draft, and one on them needs to be able to play this year if an injury happens.  We don't even know Cam's health status.

OLine is incredibly important right now.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(03-14-2023, 11:27 AM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 10:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Still time in FA but as of now, I think CB is a bigger priority than TE but neither are as big as pass rush help.

Uhm.. OLine?

We need to pick up two O-linemen in the draft, and one on them needs to be able to play this year if an injury happens.  We don't even know Cam's health status.

[Image: giphy.gif]

We FINALLY have a worthy quarterback, and folks just want to tempt fate with his protection. 

It's maniacal.

(03-14-2023, 11:27 AM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 10:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Still time in FA but as of now, I think CB is a bigger priority than TE but neither are as big as pass rush help.

Uhm.. OLine?

Can't really disagree with this either.

Oline and pass rush are likely top 2. I brought up Darnell Wright as a potential round 1 pick for the Jags in another thread. Have him start at RT, Little at LT and Cam at LG.

Wingard back

Love me wingers, but this got to be the most boring FA in Jaguars history so far

(03-14-2023, 12:33 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1635...42592?s=20

Outstanding. Love to have him back. He's a locker room guy, fan favorite and he's been pretty damn good in spurts and spots when we needed him. Should only be better in year two with Caldwell. These are the kinds of signings that make me happy. It's just one less position to worry about exhausting a draft pick towards next month.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."