Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason Roster Moves

(03-14-2023, 06:08 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 05:42 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Imagine if we gave Jawan Taylor that 80m contract when it was time for Trevor to get an extension and we just ignored him. When one guy is actually important to the franchise and the other is an average player, i'm sure he'd feel some way too. Also what i'm saying comes directly from an interview from Ramsey that's on youtube, not my memory.

Dude, is ok to get your feelings hurt, is ok to say you will not play till you get what you feel you deserve. It is not ok to FAKE an injury so you can get what you want. There is no way you can justify those actions.  That is dishonest and borderline theft? So try a different audience to get sympathy for the guy.

I'm not trying to get sympathy for him, All I said was he's better than who we have and i'd be more than happy to have a player with his skillset on our team. I don't hold grudges against players once they leave.. I don't see anyone on here attacking Calvin Ridley for gambling on his own team.. but i'd bet theres a ton of salty Falcons fans who do, I just do not like the hypocritical side of football fans in that regard. I gurantee if he never got traded and was still here playing good football absolutely nobody would care about what happened with the fake injury.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It’s good to have Dewey back.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

If any of you remember the "why can't we retain our best players?" threads and debates...

Today's free agency revives the topic a bit:
https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...56321?s=20

(03-14-2023, 09:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If any of you remember the "why can't we retain our best players?" threads and debates...

Today's free agency revives the topic a bit:
https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...56321?s=20

Scheme fits and coaching. But mostly coaching. I’m convinced GMs have about 20% responsibility , coaches 50%, and players 40%. great coaching and determined players will always surpass athletic and collegiate prowess. 

Unless your JP then 91%

Two of those guys are gone because of [BLEEP] hole Urban. Another way that monstrous failure haunts us.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2023, 10:28 PM by Eric1.)

Key is gone and now an enemy
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...4498686976

(03-14-2023, 10:28 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Key is gone and now an enemy
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...4498686976

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Jaguars should have signed Key. The deal with the Titans was not unreasonable and he is still young.

makes me wonder if Z Smith is on his way to duuval, sucks to see Key leave.

I just don't understand why anyone actually expected us to make a splash this year. We have no money.

[BLEEP]

The price of success

Did Winger really get $6 million guaranteed? The NFL salaries are really inflated now when he is getting that.

Everyone likes him and he gives his all but if he is playing on defense it probably isn't good. He's someone that use to get league minimum or up to $1 million.

I don't want to see Trevor's contract when it comes time.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Key's deal was reasonable and I hate to see him go to the tacks.
But if that frees up money for a starter quality free agent guard or center, all is forgiven
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-15-2023, 12:33 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Did Winger really get $6 million guaranteed? The NFL salaries are really inflated now when he is getting that.

Everyone likes him and he gives his all but if he is playing on defense it probably isn't good. He's someone that use to get league minimum or up to $1 million.

I don't want to see Trevor's contract when it comes time.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

They made Wingard the highest paid Special Teamer in the entire NFL.

I loved Key

I'll always remember him dancing to "Set it Off" in the tunnel

If these projections hold up, we should get at least 3 comp picks next year. We haven't had a single comp pick in 13 straight years.

The projections are a 3rd for Taylor, a 6th for Key and a 7th for Manhertz. I feel like the Key pick should be a little higher than a 6th, but it is what it is I guess.
https://twitter.com/nickkorte/status/163...6072741896

(03-14-2023, 11:34 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: I just don't understand why anyone actually expected us to make a splash this year. We have no money.

Sure, but retaining who we already had should still be possible. I know that's not always possible and it's expected some players will leave.

You can’t make players come back. Maybe he wanted a different challenge. He was very vocal about us and the chiefs offering him a similar deal last off season and wanting the challenge with the jags.
I liked him a lot n he definitely brought a lot to this team but you can’t keep everyone

(03-14-2023, 11:08 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: makes me wonder if Z Smith is on his way to duuval, sucks to see Key leave.

Jaguars would likely have to part with at least a 3rd rounder for him in addition to paying him a good amount. He had a very good season in 2022, but is on the wrong side of 30. I'd rather spend my money on a free agent who could contribute immediately at a position of need such as Seamalu or C.J. Gardner-Johnson- both from the Eagles. They could draft a pass rusher in rounds 2 or 3 who'd make a fraction of Smith's salary without having to give up any compensation.