Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About- Political Edition

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2023, 11:58 AM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-20-2023, 06:26 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-14-2023, 06:05 PM)mikesez Wrote: It's like you've never read the books you claim to read.
EVERY successful revolution is predicated on one of the layers of authority - the generals, the enlisted men, the national guard, the police, one or more of them, changing their loyalty and fighting the others.
OF COURSE some of the insurrectionists were trying to play nice with some of the cops.  They've studied this history you seem to have forgotten.

I see you're still in denial.  Please allow me to point out the deficiency in your latest theory, this "revolution" was NOT successful.   Did the "insurrectionists" also fail to study history, or is it possible they were merely protesters, who appreciated the opportunity to publicly display their grievance?

Some were protestors. Some did not get violent.  Some had no intent to persuade anyone to defy their orders.  
But many were insurrectionists,  and the event overall was an insurrection.
The fact that some of played nice with first responders could prove that those individuals were just protestors, or it could prove that they were calculating to kickstart a revolution as I explained.
But even the ones who were just protesting around and in the Capitol, what were they protesting? Trump lost the electoral college and the popular vote. By a lot.  There was no credible evidence of fraud.  Trump was not there, though he intentionally implied that he would be there.  Even these "protestors" were extremely gullible people giving cover to extremely dangerous people.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

See what I mean?

(03-20-2023, 11:54 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 06:26 AM)Sneakers Wrote: I see you're still in denial.  Please allow me to point out the deficiency in your latest theory, this "revolution" was NOT successful.   Did the "insurrectionists" also fail to study history, or is it possible they were merely protesters, who appreciated the opportunity to publicly display their grievance?

Some were protestors. Some did not get violent.  Some had no intent to persuade anyone to defy their orders.  
The fact that some of played nice with first responders could prove that those individuals were just protestors, or it could prove that they were calculating to kickstart a revolution as I explained.
But even the ones who were just protesting around and in the Capitol, what were they protesting? Trump lost the electoral college and the popular vote. By a lot.  There was no credible evidence of fraud.  Trump was not there, though he intentionally implied that he would be there.  Even these "protestors" were extremely gullible people giving cover to extremely dangerous people.

Seems like a lot of assumption and mental dot connecting here.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2023, 06:21 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-20-2023, 04:56 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 11:54 AM)mikesez Wrote: Some were protestors. Some did not get violent.  Some had no intent to persuade anyone to defy their orders.  

Seems like a lot of assumption and mental dot connecting here.

Tucker is out here saying the fact that some of the "protestors" were nice to the cops some of the time means that it was not an insurrection.
Tucker's assertion requires more assumption and dot connecting than mine.

(03-20-2023, 12:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: See what I mean?

[Image: R.bccfeb2c94308f9f47b3f7c2923d29c2?rik=B...ImgRaw&r=0]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(03-20-2023, 10:01 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 12:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: See what I mean?

[Image: R.bccfeb2c94308f9f47b3f7c2923d29c2?rik=B...ImgRaw&r=0]

Dead horses don't run for President.

(03-20-2023, 11:54 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 06:26 AM)Sneakers Wrote: I see you're still in denial.  Please allow me to point out the deficiency in your latest theory, this "revolution" was NOT successful.   Did the "insurrectionists" also fail to study history, or is it possible they were merely protesters, who appreciated the opportunity to publicly display their grievance?

There was evidence of fraud and tampering in multiple voting districts, to which the Democratic party turned a blind eye.  THAT is what the protest was all about.  

Many would say elections are the most sacred of all government rituals.  It is not enough that the process merely avoids impropriety, it must avoid the appearance of impropriety.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2023, 10:54 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-20-2023, 10:18 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 10:01 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [Image: R.bccfeb2c94308f9f47b3f7c2923d29c2?rik=B...ImgRaw&r=0]

Dead horses don't run for President.

Yuh, huh. Hillary…

Twitter Troll court case could have terrible consequences to free speech and Mikesez's schtick.

https://reason.com/2023/02/13/can-the-fe...-trolling/

"In a first-of-its-kind case, the Justice Department is prosecuting an internet troll, using a Reconstruction-era law to claim that a series of misleading social media memes were an attempt to "deprive individuals of their constitutional right to vote."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-20-2023, 06:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

They’re too heavily invested in the “insurrectionists!” argument to back down. I just roll with it. Knowing they realize it wasn’t all that but continue to double down because they have no choice without losing face gives me satisfaction.
They have keep saying it because once it is out that it was a setup, the question becomes why? The only way to shut down the power to question the electors, have debates, and send them back for investigations was to be able to change the laws of the house. How did they do that? With the emergency powers that were enabled and the police let the people in.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Here you go, Mike. You posted about the difficulties of doing business in New York and Kevin O’Leary agrees.

https://youtube.com/shorts/bjTW1UgGmsU?feature=share

(03-21-2023, 12:24 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 06:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: They’re too heavily invested in the “insurrectionists!” argument to back down. I just roll with it. Knowing they realize it wasn’t all that but continue to double down because they have no choice without losing face gives me satisfaction.
They have keep saying it because once it is out that it was a setup, the question becomes why? The only way to shut down the power to question the electors, have debates, and send them back for investigations was to be able to change the laws of the house. How did they do that? With the emergency powers that were enabled and the police let the people in.

The protest or insurrection of January 6th 2021 did not change any of the votes that any Senator or Representative made that day.

(03-21-2023, 12:24 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-20-2023, 06:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: They’re too heavily invested in the “insurrectionists!” argument to back down. I just roll with it. Knowing they realize it wasn’t all that but continue to double down because they have no choice without losing face gives me satisfaction.

This is a great point. Moderates simply can't acknowledge that the government is overstepping its authority at all, because then they will have to start questioning other instances of government abuse. The only things they can accept are run of the mill individual scapegoating.

(03-21-2023, 11:34 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/ChuckCallesto/status...DLfPg&s=19

Another Hero!!

That chick is awesome.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2023, 06:44 PM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

Aprankster managed to give some of Donald Trump’s most loyal defenders a healthy dose of the truth about the 2020 election and all that followed ― and he did it in the middle of a live segment on a right-wing network.

Jason Selvig of progressive comedy duo The Good Liars was interviewed on RSBN, an online streamer known for its fawning coverage of the former president, at a New York rally in support of Trump ahead of a possible indictment this week.

“This is a political prosecution, it has to be,” Selvig said during the interview. “That’s the only way it could be happening right now.”

But then Selvig conceded that there is another way.

“The only other option is that Donald Trump lost by 7 million votes and is a loser who can’t deal with the fact that he lost the election because he based his whole personality on being a winner and calling people losers,” he said.

The Good Liars on Twitter: "We were able do a live interview on a Rightwing TV channel at the New York Rally for Trump. https://t.co/a2c5tfZZ2f" / Twitter

Donna Deegan starting off strong in the Mayoral vote count. 

https://enr.electionsfl.org/DUV/3353/Summary/

(03-21-2023, 10:09 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-21-2023, 12:24 AM)p_rushing Wrote: They have keep saying it because once it is out that it was a setup, the question becomes why? The only way to shut down the power to question the electors, have debates, and send them back for investigations was to be able to change the laws of the house. How did they do that? With the emergency powers that were enabled and the police let the people in.

The protest or insurrection of January 6th 2021 did not change any of the votes that any Senator or Representative made that day.
Technically correct because there was no vote on the motions. The motions were removed from the floor and the rules changed to not allow any questions of the electors. There were enough votes to send the electors back for every state in question. Even afterwards some were still planning to send them back but they were not able because of the rule change. They couldn't even vote on the ones that had already been entered.

(03-21-2023, 06:42 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Aprankster managed to give some of Donald Trump’s most loyal defenders a healthy dose of the truth about the 2020 election and all that followed ― and he did it in the middle of a live segment on a right-wing network.

Jason Selvig of progressive comedy duo The Good Liars was interviewed on RSBN, an online streamer known for its fawning coverage of the former president, at a New York rally in support of Trump ahead of a possible indictment this week.

“This is a political prosecution, it has to be,” Selvig said during the interview. “That’s the only way it could be happening right now.”

But then Selvig conceded that there is another way.

“The only other option is that Donald Trump lost by 7 million votes and is a loser who can’t deal with the fact that he lost the election because he based his whole personality on being a winner and calling people losers,” he said.

The Good Liars on Twitter: "We were able do a live interview on a Rightwing TV channel at the New York Rally for Trump. https://t.co/a2c5tfZZ2f" / Twitter

Yeah... that's hilarious. /sarcasm. 

Still haven't EVER addressed the main points and you and the other idiots like that dude don't care about transparent elections.