Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2023 Offseason Roster Moves

(03-23-2023, 12:55 PM)Butters Wrote:
(03-23-2023, 12:29 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: You guys argue as if you actually have some say in the matter.

This is a discussion board friend.

Its all in the name Smile

I know.  It's just funny how exercised people get about this stuff.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/16...45217?s=20

Creating cap space.... Wonder why....

(03-23-2023, 01:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/16...45217?s=20

Dalton Risner would be a good option at this point. Plays guard but also played well at tackle last year in Denver. Would still like to see a shot taken at Campbell, Houston or Ingram to add a veteran presence to the edge rushing group for sure.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-23-2023, 01:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-23-2023, 12:55 PM)Butters Wrote: This is a discussion board friend.

Its all in the name Smile

I know.  It's just funny how exercised people get about this stuff.

Discussion, debate, arguments are good but I do laugh sometimes at the guys who spend 30 minutes reading articles on ESPN and then seriously think they're more informed than the people who make a living doing this stuff.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(03-23-2023, 01:38 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/16...45217?s=20

Maybe to clear space for our draft class?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-23-2023, 02:56 PM)Jag149 Wrote:

Maybe to clear space for our draft class?

Egh, we have plenty available for that as it stands
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(03-23-2023, 02:57 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-23-2023, 02:56 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Maybe to clear space for our draft class?

Egh, we have plenty available for that as it stands

Correct. Prior to this move with Fatukasi I want to say we were just a little north of $5M - $6M. This should put us at over $10M in cap space for this year now. 

So, really have to think they're at least eyeing one more solid free agent or two to add onto the roster this week. I am personally hoping it's Dalton Risner. Should provide an upgrade at LG and/or can play RT for us. Would make the most sense.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Calais Campbell was in the house today!!! We might be getting our Mayor back ladies and gentleman! LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calais is the perfect type of player to be bringing in..... While his onfield production might not be all that great, his locker room and sideline presence would be phenomenal for this defense and team.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2023, 04:51 PM by Caldrac. Edited 3 times in total.)

This would be a huge gain man. If they can get Campbell back. Does a lot for this defensive front. Being a little greedy on my end but if they could figure out a way to get Dalton Risner as well? It solves our LG/RT concerns for the immediate time being.

Looks like our DB coach was working extensively with Brian Branch at Alabama's pro day as well. They might be looking to get our slot/nickel CB situation resolved on the opening night. Gives us flexibility next year as well with Jenkins potentially out.

BUT MAN. GET THE MAYOR BACK!!!

(03-23-2023, 04:48 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: Calais is the perfect type of player to be bringing in..... While his onfield production might not be all that great, his locker room and sideline presence would be phenomenal for this defense and team.

Campbell in the big end spot next to Walker? WATCH OUT. That is a [BLEEP] ton of muscle and strength on one side of the field. There's a number of things we can do with that combination. Not to mention we already have QB's shying away from Tyson Campbell in the secondary.

Like you i think it would be a really good move. He's not the 10 sack man from 5/6 years ago but he's still a really nice rotational piece and what you might lose in his production you'd hopefully gain in what he can give to Allen, Smoot and especially Walker.

Respected in the locker room as well ... The type of guy who lifts everyone 5% just because they don't want to let him down. Hope we can get him back, at this stage of free agency and where we are at the cap i think it would be a really shrewd move.

(03-23-2023, 04:51 PM)cat bells Wrote: Like you i think it would be a really good move. He's not the 10 sack man from 5/6 years ago but he's still a really nice rotational piece and what you might lose in his production you'd hopefully gain in what he can give to Allen, Smoot and especially Walker.

Respected in the locker room as well ... The type of guy who lifts everyone 5% just because they don't want to let him down. Hope we can get him back, at this stage of free agency and where we are at the cap i think it would be a really shrewd move.

We don't need him to be the guy who he was in 2017. Would it be nice? ABSOLUTELY. However, we DO NEED a space eater, a disruptor, an edge holder. He is that guy, even in this late stage of his career. All you do is stack him heavy on one side with Walker and let them do their thing. In addition with Tyson Campbell already having QB's shying away from his side of the football field.

Yeah, for a team thin along the front his positional versatility is very handy as well.

On top of that if my memory isn't playing tricks i seem to remember that versatility opening up some nice options for tricks and stunts the first time he was here. Perhaps someone with a better focus on the X's and O's can offer a bit more but I seem to remember the likes of Jackson and Fowler picking up a couple of extra sacks each that season thanks to Calais swallowing attention

(03-23-2023, 04:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This would be a huge gain man. If they can get Campbell back. Does a lot for this defensive front. Being a little greedy on my end but if they could figure out a way to get Dalton Risner as well? It solves our LG/RT concerns for the immediate time being.

Looks like our DB coach was working extensively with Brian Branch at Alabama's pro day as well. They might be looking to get our slot/nickel CB situation resolved on the opening night. Gives us flexibility next year as well with Jenkins potentially out.

(03-23-2023, 04:48 PM)raptor6581 Wrote: Calais is the perfect type of player to be bringing in..... While his onfield production might not be all that great, his locker room and sideline presence would be phenomenal for this defense and team.

Campbell in the big end spot next to Walker? WATCH OUT. That is a [BLEEP] ton of muscle and strength on one side of the field. There's a number of things we can do with that combination. Not to mention we already have QB's shying away from Tyson Campbell in the secondary.

I think you are over hyped on this one. He spent a lot of time on the bench last year and rotating a ton. He may get a "start" because of his history but he is showing his age a lot. It's still a good signing for a rotational player but he needs to give a large discount for the stats he will be producing.

It would be great for him to get his 100th sack on the Jags.

Just get the deal done

(03-23-2023, 01:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Dalton Risner would be a good option at this point. Plays guard but also played well at tackle last year in Denver. Would still like to see a shot taken at Campbell, Houston or Ingram to add a veteran presence to the edge rushing group for sure.

I dunno … the last Denver guard we got was kind of a lightweight. Is Risner any good or is it simply his versatility that’s being touted?

Rock Ya-Sin would really bolster the secondary.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-23-2023, 05:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(03-23-2023, 04:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This would be a huge gain man. If they can get Campbell back. Does a lot for this defensive front. Being a little greedy on my end but if they could figure out a way to get Dalton Risner as well? It solves our LG/RT concerns for the immediate time being.

I think you are over hyped on this one. He spent a lot of time on the bench last year and rotating a ton. He may get a "start" because of his history but he is showing his age a lot. It's still a good signing for a rotational player but he needs to give a large discount for the stats he will be producing.

He played 62% of the Defensive snaps last year and 35% of Special Team snaps.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2023, 07:32 PM by p_rushing.)

(03-23-2023, 06:31 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-23-2023, 05:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote: I think you are over hyped on this one. He spent a lot of time on the bench last year and rotating a ton. He may get a "start" because of his history but he is showing his age a lot. It's still a good signing for a rotational player but he needs to give a large discount for the stats he will be producing.

He played 62% of the Defensive snaps last year and 35% of Special Team snaps.
Thanks for the %, couldn't find it with a quick search. He missed 3 games and his % will continue to go down. It is a good signing as long as they aren't over paying for him. I don't see him playing more than 50s% and not sure if a 16 year vet can play in the heat a ton during Sept and Oct.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(03-23-2023, 05:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

I think you're not seeing the big picture. Nobody is expecting 2017 Campbell. I am seeing a guy that can come in specifically to make Walker better just by physically being in the way next to him for opponents to account for.

I would keep him rested early but if our offense jumps out to big, fast leads? He's a guy you throw out there in obvious passing situations to let everybody else thrive off of.

I would use him extensively down the stretch though. Especially during divisional games if for whatever reason the tacks, clots or tinhorns are actually pushing for a divisional lead or 5th/6th/7th seed.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

The mayor would be the perfect mentor to our young defensive players. I would love to get that guy a ring.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.