Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2023, 12:29 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Clay County Sheriff Michelle Cook is currently looking to buy the house right next door to us here in Green Cove..

I hope it goes through for her! We got to meet her and her real estate agent the other day. Such a nice woman!! Her and my wife hit it off like peas and carrots. The wife is already talking about baking her and her husband a big welcome basket with cookies, pies and cakes if they buy the house.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yesterday morning I was perfectly content with my 65'' 4k TV.  Then I looked at an 85".  Now I don't think I can ever watch football on the 65'' again.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

My wife has a really bad habit of leaving doors open and just not being careful about my lab when she opens doors and he sometimes will bolt out the door.  Well he bolted out the door this morning and I literally saw him get clipped by a car and knocked to the ground.  I thought he was dead.  Scared the [BLEEP] out of me but he got up and came running home and he seems to be OK.  I lost it and lit into her when I got back in the house.  She hasn’t spoken to me since and I really don’t care right now.  I was still seething at her.   I guess I’d better apologize but I thought I had just seen my dog killed before my eyes at the time. I was still shaking an hour later, but I guess all is fine since he’s OK.  I have no idea how because people fly down that road.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-03-2023, 11:06 AM)RicoTx Wrote: My wife has a really bad habit of leaving doors open and just not being careful about my lab when she opens doors and he sometimes will bolt out the door.  Well he bolted out the door this morning and I literally saw him get clipped by a car and knocked to the ground.  I thought he was dead.  Scared the [BLEEP] out of me but he got up and came running home and he seems to be OK.  I lost it and lit into her when I got back in the house.  She hasn’t spoken to me since and I really don’t care right now.  I was still seething at her.   I guess I’d better apologize but I thought I had just seen my dog killed before my eyes at the time. I was still shaking an hour later, but I guess all is fine since he’s OK.  I have no idea how because people fly down that road.

Glad he's ok.. Got lucky!

That happened to me once with my dog when I was a kid. Opened the door to go outside, dude ran right out and into the road. Wasn't as lucky..

The sad part is that the road he ran to was usually dead, hardly any cars. Matter of fact, kids played in that road a lot, myself included. Guess the dog was just used to playing in the road with us all.

What made me really upset is that when my dog got hit, he not only died instantly, but the [BLEEP] [BLEEP] never stopped. Just kept driving away like a jackass..

Yeah, better go apologize, dude.. Accidents happen and sincerely doubt she did it maliciously.

Glad he's ok!

(04-30-2023, 12:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Clay County Sheriff Michelle Cook is currently looking to buy the house right next door to us here in Green Cove..

I hope it goes through for her! We got to meet her and her real estate agent the other day. Such a nice woman!! Her and my wife hit it off like peas and carrots. The wife is already talking about baking her and her husband a big welcome basket with cookies, pies and cakes if they buy the house.

Update:

Michelle and her husband bought the house today. We're happy for them! They're so nice and easy to talk to. Told her that I voted for her and plan on voting for her again lol

She and my wife exchanged numbers so we can contact her if we see anything suspicious over at the house while they're away. 

Now my wife thinks she's a detective haha

(05-03-2023, 11:06 AM)RicoTx Wrote: My wife has a really bad habit of leaving doors open and just not being careful about my lab when she opens doors and he sometimes will bolt out the door.  Well he bolted out the door this morning and I literally saw him get clipped by a car and knocked to the ground.  I thought he was dead.  Scared the [BLEEP] out of me but he got up and came running home and he seems to be OK.  I lost it and lit into her when I got back in the house.  She hasn’t spoken to me since and I really don’t care right now.  I was still seething at her.   I guess I’d better apologize but I thought I had just seen my dog killed before my eyes at the time. I was still shaking an hour later, but I guess all is fine since he’s OK.  I have no idea how because people fly down that road.

Be sure to apologize, but yes, adrenaline makes us lose our mind at times. If she knows you and your relationship with your dog, she should understand just how jarring that visual would have been.

So glad to hear pup's ok, but might not be a bad idea to get them checked to be certain. Like you, pup also was running on some adrenaline in the immediate aftermath, too.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

I’m glad your pup is okay! I’m on a busy street and have a cat who is a runner, I’m paranoid about the door not being closed. So is everyone in my house, because that cat is a fast little [BLEEP] and none of us want to chase him around.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Sleep with one eye open, Rico. She's going to make a runner out of you.

(05-01-2023, 12:52 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Yesterday morning I was perfectly content with my 65'' 4k TV.  Then I looked at an 85".  Now I don't think I can ever watch football on the 65'' again.

It's a known fact that no matter how big your TV is, you need a bigger one.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2023, 06:54 AM by homebiscuit.)

(05-06-2023, 06:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 12:52 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Yesterday morning I was perfectly content with my 65'' 4k TV.  Then I looked at an 85".  Now I don't think I can ever watch football on the 65'' again.

It's a known fact that no matter how big your TV is, you need a bigger one.

I’ve had a 70” for quite a while. I’m eyeballing 80” TVs now.

(05-09-2023, 10:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What if a big portion of your mind was taken in a literal flash?

Everytime I hit that kush..

Seriously though, that sucks.. I don't mess with the lightning. Had a couple of close calls myself..

(05-09-2023, 10:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: What if a big portion of your mind was taken in a literal flash?

That would be scary. His positive attitude is awesome!

Drivin that train, high on cocaine..
Casey Jones you better, watch your speed!

I'm in the mountains for the weekend and right up the road is the Jerky Outpost. It's a magical place where there is a variety of jerkys and even a Jerky of the Month club. There is a house for sale a mile away. If I could buy that house I would be in so much trouble.

(05-14-2023, 12:01 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'm in the mountains for the weekend and right up the road is the Jerky Outpost. It's a magical place where there is a variety of jerkys and even a Jerky of the Month club. There is a house for sale a mile away. If I could buy that house I would be in so much trouble.

I’m in the Kentucky mountains for the weekend. All I’ve seen so far is mountains and meth. Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(05-14-2023, 07:00 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 12:01 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I'm in the mountains for the weekend and right up the road is the Jerky Outpost. It's a magical place where there is a variety of jerkys and even a Jerky of the Month club. There is a house for sale a mile away. If I could buy that house I would be in so much trouble.

I’m in the Kentucky mountains for the weekend. All I’ve seen so far is mountains and meth. Laughing

Keep an eye open for my front teeth, if you don’t mind.

(05-14-2023, 07:00 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

What color that meth yo?
[Image: d655e10bf354ffebbd7774ffac83cf9399-23-br...l-w600.jpg]

(05-06-2023, 06:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-06-2023, 06:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: It's a known fact that no matter how big your TV is, you need a bigger one.

I’ve had a 70” for quite a while. I’m eyeballing 80” TVs now.

To me the 70" and bigger tvs look to detailed. It makes everything in the background that's a green screen look so fake.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]