Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About- Political Edition

(06-10-2023, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 07:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Correct. We're all now judge, jury and executioner before a trial has taken place without any real, tangible evidence to rifle through. I find it curious though how any president, both, past, present and more than likely future, as history continues to reveal these incidents or scandals. How is it possible that they even have the ability to take documents in and out of the white house? 

Should there be some type of overseer or group that prevents these events from happening in general? Should there be hefty penalties for it that actually impact these people? It seems like none of them actually get handed anything penalty wise or sentencing wise. It just continues to add to the belief, that, the rich and powerful operate above the law and even if they do have these reports about them and they have "their day in court", ultimately, nothing is done. 

This continues the vicious cycle of politicians being able to operate and behave without impunity.

You mean with impunity.   

Personally, I don't know why anyone would want to be a politician, especially why anyone would want to be President.  The abuse they (and their family) take is incredible.  Some of them, like Clinton, have thick skin, and can keep going no matter the charge they are facing.  Trump is the opposite.  So why in the world would Trump want to be President?

Wired differently. They all probably have a common trait that involves being a sociopath to some extent along the spectrum and even psychopathic. A lot of people confuse psychopathy with violence, anger, murderers, serial killers, etc. 

The reality is that it's a massive spectrum and not all sociopaths and psychopaths are created equal nor wired exactly the same. How you were raised, your belief system growing up and family background also play a role in this.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-10-2023, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 07:01 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Correct. We're all now judge, jury and executioner before a trial has taken place without any real, tangible evidence to rifle through. I find it curious though how any president, both, past, present and more than likely future, as history continues to reveal these incidents or scandals. How is it possible that they even have the ability to take documents in and out of the white house? 

Should there be some type of overseer or group that prevents these events from happening in general? Should there be hefty penalties for it that actually impact these people? It seems like none of them actually get handed anything penalty wise or sentencing wise. It just continues to add to the belief, that, the rich and powerful operate above the law and even if they do have these reports about them and they have "their day in court", ultimately, nothing is done. 

This continues the vicious cycle of politicians being able to operate and behave without impunity.

You mean with impunity.   

Personally, I don't know why anyone would want to be a politician, especially why anyone would want to be President.  The abuse they (and their family) take is incredible.  Some of them, like Clinton, have thick skin, and can keep going no matter the charge they are facing.  Trump is the opposite.  So why in the world would Trump want to be President?

Thick skin like Clinton lololololol

Do you remember how many different things Clinton blamed for losing to Trump? 

https://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton...oss-685971

And then the [BLEEP] took off for the woods after the loss and disappeared for the longest time..

Thick skin?? Whatever dude.. Keep telling yourself that..

[Image: shopping-jpeg.jpg]
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(06-10-2023, 09:32 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 08:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: You mean with impunity.   

And then the [BLEEP] took off for the woods after the loss and disappeared for the longest time..

He was talking about the Clinton who was actually President. Come to think of it, Hillary might still be the right answer there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-10-2023, 09:32 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:

I meant Bill Clinton, not Hillary.

(06-10-2023, 09:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 09:32 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Thick skin like Clinton lololololol

He was talking about the Clinton who was actually President. Come to think of it, Hillary might still be the right answer there.

There's absolutely NOTHING right about that self entitled [BLEEP]..

(06-10-2023, 09:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 09:32 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Thick skin like Clinton lololololol

I meant Bill Clinton, not Hillary.

I can respect the fact that he's turned his wife into a [bleep] and lied with a straight face to the public about his affair with Monica. He's way, way, way over the hill age wise now. I remember somebody tried to confront him about the low lita express, he didn't bat an eye. Probably because he couldn't hear him. He was asked about a few other things over the years. Like a true politician. He tended to keep it tame. I'll give him that.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2023, 10:04 AM by WingerDinger.)

Bill was a born liar and master manipulator. He thought he knew how to play the game.. Possibly too stupid to care. He didn't take off for the woods. He just didn't give a damn what you thought of him. Is that really a strength though?

Thick skin could have been his strength.. Instead, I think it made him look stupid.

Anyone else remember the good 'Eye Humping' he gave Ariana Grande at Aretha Franklin's funeral?

[Image: SuoUO.gif]

I mean, he's not wrong to look, but at a funeral?!?

Dude was ready to start stuffing dollar bills down the front of her dress lolol

(06-10-2023, 10:38 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Anyone else remember the good 'Eye Humping' he gave Ariana Grande at Aretha Franklin's funeral?

Lol

(06-10-2023, 06:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-09-2023, 01:19 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/stat...us5ag&s=19

https://twitter.com/gatewaypundit/status...mqiJg&s=19

The charges say he illegally kept files concerning U.S. nuclear programs and the nation’s vulnerabilities to military attack, and he displayed the material to people without security clearances and willingly hid it from investigators.

That's not just carelessness.  As for his claim that he declassified everything he took, they have him on tape saying he did not declassify it.  

The audio may not matter. Reports are that the document isn't in the ones Trump had and they can't prove it was classified or existed. Trump can declassify anything, they can't prove that it was classified or that he knew it was, and can only play an audio tape that doesn't have chain of custody and just has Trump laughing about how stupid the plan was.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(06-10-2023, 04:14 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 06:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The charges say he illegally kept files concerning U.S. nuclear programs and the nation’s vulnerabilities to military attack, and he displayed the material to people without security clearances and willingly hid it from investigators.

That's not just carelessness.  As for his claim that he declassified everything he took, they have him on tape saying he did not declassify it.  

The audio may not matter. Reports are that the document isn't in the ones Trump had and they can't prove it was classified or existed. Trump can declassify anything, they can't prove that it was classified or that he knew it was, and can only play an audio tape that doesn't have chain of custody and just has Trump laughing about how stupid the plan was.

Trump could declassify anything as President.
But if he did, it would be provable that he did.  He would have signed something or said something to that effect. If there's no evidence it was declassified, but there is evidence that it was classified at one time, it is still classified.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Trump needs to cut a deal.

Ted Kaczynski and Robert Hanssen both died in prison within the last few days. 

Unabomber Ted Kaczynski found dead in prison cell | Fox News

Convicted spy Robert Hanssen dies in prison | CNN Politics

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2023, 06:33 PM by americus 2.0.)

(06-10-2023, 08:29 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

Wired differently. They all probably have a common trait that involves being a sociopath to some extent along the spectrum and even psychopathic. A lot of people confuse psychopathy with violence, anger, murderers, serial killers, etc. 

The reality is that it's a massive spectrum and not all sociopaths and psychopaths are created equal nor wired exactly the same. How you were raised, your belief system growing up and family background also play a role in this.

There was an interesting story done about how the majority of Presidents are actually narcissists. I wish I could remember where I saw it but it's been probably 3-4 years since I watched it. Maybe on youtube. I think they were trying to make a serious case against Trump while hiding their bias among the others. Like making him the 'worst of the worst' narcissist. Obama was on it. I think both Bush 41 and 43. Clinton obviously. Some of the older ones. It was really an interesting look into the men featured.  

Actually it might have been an article I read come to think of it. You can look up narcissist POTUS list and will find plenty on the subject. I have no doubt some are/were sociopaths.

(06-10-2023, 10:38 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Anyone else remember the good 'Eye Humping' he gave Ariana Grande at Aretha Franklin's funeral?

At least she's of legal age. Still cringe worthy. He's old enough to be her grandpa- at least

Ted Nugent on vegans. Naughty word alert.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ma-dmMWSl9Y?feature=share

(06-10-2023, 05:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 04:14 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The audio may not matter. Reports are that the document isn't in the ones Trump had and they can't prove it was classified or existed. Trump can declassify anything, they can't prove that it was classified or that he knew it was, and can only play an audio tape that doesn't have chain of custody and just has Trump laughing about how stupid the plan was.

But if he did, it would be provable that he did.  He would have signed something or said something to that effect. If there's no evidence it was declassified, but there is evidence that it was classified at one time, it is still classified.

Not true.   There is no due process.   As president he can declassified anything at any time.   He doesn't have to report or document it.  That's why something like this has never happened before.  Heck of a thing to risk a civil war over.

(06-10-2023, 10:11 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 05:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: Trump could declassify anything as President.

Not true.   There is no due process.   As president he can declassified anything at any time.   He doesn't have to report or document it.  That's why something like this has never happened before.  Heck of a thing to risk a civil war over.

Anything, and I do mean anything, to get Trump.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-10-2023, 05:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 04:14 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The audio may not matter. Reports are that the document isn't in the ones Trump had and they can't prove it was classified or existed. Trump can declassify anything, they can't prove that it was classified or that he knew it was, and can only play an audio tape that doesn't have chain of custody and just has Trump laughing about how stupid the plan was.

(06-10-2023, 05:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: Trump could declassify anything as President.

Yep, this has been settled with previous case law. All that is needed is for the president to share it with someone that isn't approved and it is deemed unclassified. The president has the ultimate power in this case, there is no checks or balances by the other branches. Even them leaving a classified area with the doc would make it unclassified.

Generally it doesn't work that way. Classified docs are stored elsewhere by other departments and the president sends requests to them to publish the unclassified docs. We have seen issues where they refused to or took way to long to redact basically everything.

They are arguing since the classified folders and cover sheets were there that the docs were still classified. That doesn't matter and is just semantics since he has the full power to decide. He also didn't transfer power in DC was still president while he had the docs in FL and per case law it is established that any docs a president takes with them after leaving office are deemed personal and unclassified. Any real judge would toss this out immediately.

The likelihood is the case in FL falls apart, unless they want SC Thomas to issue a ruling, but the case they will also charge in DC will go to trial. The FL case will end in a hung jury if it goes to trial. DC will be easy to get an all liberal jury.

I'm not talking about due process.  I'm talking about logic. How is anyone else supposed to know what is classified or not if the President doesn't make some sort of written or recorded statement when he decides to change the classification status of something?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.