Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About- Political Edition

(07-12-2023, 09:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 09:34 AM)mikesez Wrote: Probably not.  Those TV advertising contracts are national.  State farm also pulled out of providing homeowners insurance in FL but we still see those commercials.  If someone in FL calls looking for homeowners insurance, they will refer you to a partner company (the partner company pays for this advertising,  of course).  More money and less risk for them that way.  None of these companies are "on your side" any more than the farmer is on the dairy cow's side.

Is State Farm no longer writing new policies? My homeowners insurance is with them.

Your insurance is probably an older policy or its through one of their partner companies.
For instance, my homeowners insurance says progressive on the bill and I use the progressive portal to pay it. But the payments go to a separate company in st. Pete.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2023, 11:50 AM by homebiscuit.)

(07-12-2023, 11:29 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 11:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: My agent explained to me several years ago, and it may have changed since then, that insurers are not allowed to tailor coverage for specific areas of Florida. It’s all lumped in together. 
It’s a complicated issue, no doubt, and was exacerbated by roofers exploiting the system and driving 8 or 9 insurance companies insolvent. 
Inflation isn’t helping either. The cost of everything is going up. I just received an email from my pest control company that their prices are going up and will be passing it onto the customer.

This is my understanding as well, that they can't cherry pick what types of coverage they will or will not provide.  So, for example, they can't offer auto coverage in Florida but not Homeowner's coverage.

This is what drove Farmer’s out. But more specifically, what I was referring to is location. She explained that coverage for a house in Miami Beach cannot be covered differently (policy and price) than a house on the Westside of Jacksonville. A Florida house is a Florida house, regardless of location.

(07-12-2023, 11:38 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 09:43 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is State Farm no longer writing new policies? My homeowners insurance is with them.

Your insurance is probably an older policy or its through one of their partner companies.
For instance, my homeowners insurance says progressive on the bill and I use the progressive portal to pay it. But the payments go to a separate company in st. Pete.

It’s definitely an older policy with SF. I was unaware they stopped providing new homeowners coverage.

(07-12-2023, 11:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 11:29 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: This is my understanding as well, that they can't cherry pick what types of coverage they will or will not provide.  So, for example, they can't offer auto coverage in Florida but not Homeowner's coverage.

This is what drove Farmer’s out. But more specifically, what I was referring to is location. She explained that coverage for a house in Miami Beach cannot be covered differently (policy and price) than a house on the Westside of Jacksonville. A Florida house is a Florida house, regardless of location.

(07-12-2023, 11:38 AM)mikesez Wrote: Your insurance is probably an older policy or its through one of their partner companies.

It’s definitely an older policy with SF. I was unaware they stopped providing new homeowners coverage.

SF hasn't left FL. They still provide new coverage for homes. There are rumors they could leave FL since they have left CA but for now they are still in FL.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(07-13-2023, 11:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://pagesix.com/2023/07/12/rfk-jr-pr...and-farts/

You beat me to it. I would have paid to watch this.

(07-13-2023, 11:34 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 11:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://pagesix.com/2023/07/12/rfk-jr-pr...and-farts/

You beat me to it. I would have paid to watch this.

It was a fundraiser, so, you would have needed to.
But this was a really great article.

I first heard this years ago, and it still brings tears to my eyes.........

It's so simplistic yet, liberal snowflake Democrats don't seem to understand what it means.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDnXcw6euIE
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

(07-13-2023, 11:40 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 11:34 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You beat me to it. I would have paid to watch this.

It was a fundraiser, so, you would have needed to.

There's another interesting thing that happened at that fundraiser.  RFK Jr said that Covid-19 was bioengineered so that it would not affect Jews.  

RFK Jr floats idea COVID-19 was 'targeted' to attack white people and spare Jews: Report (msn.com)

(07-16-2023, 07:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 11:40 AM)mikesez Wrote: It was a fundraiser, so, you would have needed to.

There's another interesting thing that happened at that fundraiser.  RFK Jr said that Covid-19 was bioengineered so that it would not affect Jews.  

RFK Jr floats idea COVID-19 was 'targeted' to attack white people and spare Jews: Report (msn.com)

It sounds like a couple of his quotes may have been somewhat out of context, but the theory is not out of the realm of possibility.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2023, 11:26 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...sions.html

Here's an interesting story.  Do electric cars currently, as they are now, produce more pollution than gas powered cars?

The idea is that electric cars weigh more, so they grind down their tires faster, and tires are the main source of microplastics in the environment.

(07-16-2023, 07:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-13-2023, 11:40 AM)mikesez Wrote: It was a fundraiser, so, you would have needed to.

I guess the Examiner or you for that matter, had the time or space to add “and Chinese people”?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-16-2023, 01:53 PM)copycat Wrote:
(07-16-2023, 07:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: There's another interesting thing that happened at that fundraiser.  RFK Jr said that Covid-19 was bioengineered so that it would not affect Jews.  

I guess the Examiner or you for that matter, had the time or space to add “and Chinese people”?

Chinese people and Ashkenazi Jews.

(07-16-2023, 02:11 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-16-2023, 01:53 PM)copycat Wrote: I guess the Examiner or you for that matter, had the time or space to add “and Chinese people”?

Chinese people and Ashkenazi Jews.

Too late.  You missed your chance.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-16-2023, 10:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...sions.html

Here's an interesting story.  Do electric cars currently, as they are now, produce more pollution than gas powered cars?

The idea is that electric cars weigh more, so they grind down their tires faster, and tires are the main source of microplastics in the environment.

I believe a much more significant factor is the source of energy used to generate the electricity for recharging.   Solar, wind and hydro are great, but if we're still burning fossil fuels to produce the power, what are we really saving?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-16-2023, 11:29 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(07-16-2023, 10:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...sions.html

I believe a much more significant factor is the source of energy used to generate the electricity for recharging.   Solar, wind and hydro are great, but if we're still burning fossil fuels to produce the power, what are we really saving?

Hydro is the only one that can be good.

Wind produces too many environmental impacts, takes too long to actually start producing net positive power, and reaches EOL quickly and is toxic.

Solar is only good for small scale or being used in instances where there is a backup power source.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(07-16-2023, 11:58 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-16-2023, 11:29 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I believe a much more significant factor is the source of energy used to generate the electricity for recharging.   Solar, wind and hydro are great, but if we're still burning fossil fuels to produce the power, what are we really saving?

Wind produces too many environmental impacts, takes too long to actually start producing net positive power, and reaches EOL quickly and is toxic.

Solar is only good for small scale or being used in instances where there is a backup power source.

You forgot nuclear.  Nuclear is good.
And the downsides of solar go away if utility scale batteries (or other energy storage method) becomes viable.

(07-16-2023, 11:58 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-16-2023, 11:29 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I believe a much more significant factor is the source of energy used to generate the electricity for recharging.   Solar, wind and hydro are great, but if we're still burning fossil fuels to produce the power, what are we really saving?

And the downsides of solar go away if utility scale batteries (or other energy storage method) becomes viable.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2023, 08:19 PM by p_rushing.)

(07-17-2023, 12:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-16-2023, 11:58 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Hydro is the only one that can be good.

It wasn't in the list but that is the best option.

I need to research and see if solar and batteries are good enough to provide ROI now and make the investment worth it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...kbar&ei=18

"When it comes to Trump, the truth is always vastly more idiotic than the fiction,"
"He spent more time coming up with imbecilic ideas at the border than he did focusing on his job. Sometimes the ideas were stupid. Sometimes they were illegal. Often they were both."

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2023, 08:53 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-17-2023, 08:18 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-17-2023, 12:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: You forgot nuclear.  Nuclear is good.
It wasn't in the list but that is the best option.

I need to research and see if solar and batteries are good enough to provide ROI now and make the investment worth it.

For your home there's not much benefit except when the power is out or if you're trying to go off grid.

For utilities there will be some ROI to calculate as more solar and wind come on line.  They will start installing solar panels and batteries together once the batteries are less expensive.  

Out in the canary Islands they are already using pumped water storage as batteries.  There are also large experiments out west going on with winches and hoists lifting huge masses of concrete as a form of energy storage.  The winch lifts when the sun is out, then slowly lowers the weight when the sun is down.  So far reliability and efficiency are questionable but you never know if they will improve.  The physics are sound.