Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey knee injury

(08-04-2023, 12:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 08:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote: LOL The last Jags jersey I had was a Brunell jersey. I don't waste money on jerseys considering the majority of the time said player is only going to be on this team for a few years. I have thought about buying a Lawrence jersey though because I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon.

And the only people in here crying are the ones still holding a grudge over a football player that happened 5 years ago. Time to move on dude. Life is too short to still be upset about something you had zero control over.

Don't waste energy debating Ramsey with a guy who wanted to draft Vernon Hargreaves over the best CB available by a mile because he was a 'nole.

Yeah...should of knowed better.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-03-2023, 04:51 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I kind of surprised myself.  I was not glad to read that Ramsey was hurt.  I don't wish injury on anyone.  

You need to quit living like Yoda and add a little hate and bitterness to your life Smile

(08-04-2023, 12:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-04-2023, 12:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Don't waste energy debating Ramsey with a guy who wanted to draft Vernon Hargreaves over the best CB available by a mile because he was a 'nole.

Yeah...should of knowed better.

Well put

Very well put, LOL

(08-03-2023, 07:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 07:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Butthutt for what?  And why would Rams fans be butthurt?  It sounds like you and Eric are butthurt that Ramsey left Jax lol

I'm upset that we got trash for our treasure. Take it how you want, I don't care.

2 1sts, and a 4th is far from trash

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2023, 09:17 PM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-03-2023, 07:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-02-2023, 10:29 PM)Eric1 Wrote: LOLOL the majority of those yards were from a blatant Offensive PI that wasn't called. You're delusional bro. Ramsey was a big reason why they even made the Super Bowl that year. But of course you wont admit it cause dude lives rent free in your head.

"A blatant offensive PI that wasn't called"  lol. Was Ramsey the reason they made it to the SB before he even got there as well?  Ramsey isn't in the top 5 for reasons they made it to the SB.  Even if you go to the Rams message board most on there talked about how overrated he is and most were happy when he was traded.  I'll take their opinion on him as a Ram over some Jag fan that likely has a Ramsey jersey and poster in his room.  I can picture you crying and praying for Ramsey when he said he had a back injury lol.

Hahahaha
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(08-04-2023, 07:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-03-2023, 07:57 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm upset that we got trash for our treasure. Take it how you want, I don't care.

2 1sts, and a 4th is far from trash

Lol, it's ok, I know you struggle with reading comprehension. Here, I'll help you:

Rams got Jalen Ramsey and a Super Bowl
Jaguars got K'Lavon Chaisson, Travis ETN, and Jordan Smith

https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-jalen-rams...43870.html

https://blackandteal.com/2021/05/09/jack...sey-trade/

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/05...e-jaguars/

Now you can talk about the picks all you like, that's fine, but the fact of the matter is that, no matter how much you dislike Jalen Ramsey, the Rams got a guy who helped them get a ring and the Jaguars got a bum, a running back who already lost one season to injury, and another bum.

So yeah, keep telling yourself how great it was that the Jags got over on the Rams. Meanwhile, the evaluation is that the trade might've been the most lopsided in value ever, and lopsided in the favor of the Rams.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-05-2023, 08:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-04-2023, 07:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 2 1sts, and a 4th is far from trash

Lol, it's ok, I know you struggle with reading comprehension. Here, I'll help you:

Now you can talk about the picks all you like, that's fine, but the fact of the matter is that, no matter how much you dislike Jalen Ramsey, the Rams got a guy who helped them get a ring and the Jaguars got a bum, a running back who already lost one season to injury, and another bum.

So yeah, keep telling yourself how great it was that the Jags got over on the Rams. Meanwhile, the evaluation is that the trade might've been the most lopsided in value ever, and lopsided in the favor of the Rams.

Yeah I thought this was a well known fact. We lost that trade. Bigly. 

Allowing Caldwell to stick around for those decisions is further mind boggling. Things happen for a reason, we ultimately landed Lawrence and Pederson so hopefully in due time we can win a Lombardi or two. BUT... in the meantime? It still chaps my [BLEEP] that we passed on Tristan Wirfs and Justin Jefferson in favor of Henderson and Chaisson. Etienne losing a year to IR sucks and he looked good last year but it's a position that continues to devalue, as we have seen front and center this off season in the media, and, it doesn't bode well for his future that we already invested a 3rd RD pick in Bigsby behind him.

Until the offenses in the NFL start leaning more full tilt in the old ways, similar to what San Franciso, Baltimore and the tacks have been doing for quite some time now. We'll continue to see teams airing it out. We'll be doing it for sure with Lawrence for a decade+. So, I wouldn't get too invested as a fanbase on the RB position anymore here. The days of guys like Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew are gone. We need to embrace the RB by committee approach. As that is the clear direction this offense is headed in.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-05-2023, 09:03 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 08:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, it's ok, I know you struggle with reading comprehension. Here, I'll help you:

Yeah I thought this was a well known fact. We lost that trade. Bigly. 

Allowing Caldwell to stick around for those decisions is further mind boggling. Things happen for a reason, we ultimately landed Lawrence and Pederson so hopefully in due time we can win a Lombardi or two. BUT... in the meantime? It still chaps my [BLEEP] that we passed on Tristan Wirfs and Justin Jefferson in favor of Henderson and Chaisson. Etienne losing a year to IR sucks and he looked good last year but it's a position that continues to devalue, as we have seen front and center this off season in the media, and, it doesn't bode well for his future that we already invested a 3rd RD pick in Bigsby behind him.

Until the offenses in the NFL start leaning more full tilt in the old ways, similar to what San Franciso, Baltimore and the tacks have been doing for quite some time now. We'll continue to see teams airing it out. We'll be doing it for sure with Lawrence for a decade+. So, I wouldn't get too invested as a fanbase on the RB position anymore here. The days of guys like Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew are gone. We need to embrace the RB by committee approach. As that is the clear direction this offense is headed in.

The thing is that the League doesn't want running attacks, they're writing the rules to favor high scoring aerial shoot outs that showcase their golden boys and acrobats. Just like the fans want. Our friend is as willfully blind to that fact as he is to who lost the Ramsey trade.

(08-05-2023, 08:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-04-2023, 07:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 2 1sts, and a 4th is far from trash

Meh, we just drafted the wrong players.  The Rams made the SB before Ramsey even got traded there then he went on to give up the most yards in SB history amd almost single handedly lost them that game.  AD and Kupp where by far the biggest reasons for that SB win followed by Miller, Stafford, and Whitworth. The Rams also would of been much better off if they just drafted Diggs with that first and they would of had next year's 1st, 4th, and all that money they overpaid Ramsey.  They would of won that SB with Diggs opposite Williams

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2023, 10:22 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

It's comical that 90% of the Rams fan base knew he was overrated and happy when he got traded even with that SB yet a few of the Jags fan base are still butthurt he left yet we got a steal in that trade and couldn't capitalize because we had a trash GM. It was one of the few great trades we actually made. I guess Rams fans are butthurt since he brought them a SB? Lol. Or do they know he almost singlehandedly cost them a SB and cost them the playoffs 2 years before when Ramsey got burned by Deebo for the game winning TD? Hmmmm

(08-05-2023, 10:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's comical that 90% of the Rams fan base knew he was overrated and happy when he got traded even with that SB yet a few of the Jags fan base are still butthurt he left yet we got a steal in that trade and couldn't capitalize because we had a trash GM.  It was one of the few great trades we actually made. I guess Rams fans are butthurt since he brought them a SB?  Lol.  Or do they know he almost singlehandedly cost them a SB and cost them the playoffs 2 years before when Ramsey got burned by Deebo for the game winning TD?  Hmmmm

It's comical that your petty little college team fanaticism won't let you admit that Ramsey was one of the best CBs in the league for a healthy stretch of time.

(07-28-2023, 06:28 PM)copycat Wrote:
(07-28-2023, 08:24 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. Everything comes back full circle. You get exactly back what you put in up front at some point.

Also, agreed. This guy still lives rent free here in our minds as a fanbase. To each their own of course. However, I have been over it now for quite some time. It was for the best.

I disagree about living in our heads.  I personally don’t give two shakes about him however hearing he went down and is out until December did make me smile.  Kharma!

This. I'd never wish injury on any player but dude gets exactly no sympathy from me. 

Like I said before, you get what you give and all he gives is hate and discontent.

(08-05-2023, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 10:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's comical that 90% of the Rams fan base knew he was overrated and happy when he got traded even with that SB yet a few of the Jags fan base are still butthurt he left yet we got a steal in that trade and couldn't capitalize because we had a trash GM.  It was one of the few great trades we actually made. I guess Rams fans are butthurt since he brought them a SB?  Lol.  Or do they know he almost singlehandedly cost them a SB and cost them the playoffs 2 years before when Ramsey got burned by Deebo for the game winning TD?  Hmmmm

It's comical that your petty little college team fanaticism won't let you admit that Ramsey was one of the best CBs in the league for a healthy stretch of time.
It's comical that you have no clue what you are talking about because I do think Ramsey was one of the best corners in the game for a few years.  I think he was the best corner in the league that 17 season as that was his best season and Bouye was right there as well.  He isn't the same player as he was.  He is still a good corner but not elite like he was and his play has declined a bit each year.  We got 2 1sts and a 4th and at the time the Rams knew they where going to have to give him a huge contract.   The Dolphins had to give up a 3rd, there is a reason why for the compensation difference

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2023, 01:18 AM by Charlie Sheen. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-05-2023, 06:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: It's comical that your petty little college team fanaticism won't let you admit that Ramsey was one of the best CBs in the league for a healthy stretch of time.
It's comical that you have no clue what you are talking about because I do think Ramsey was one of the best corners in the game for a few years.  I think he was the best corner in the league that 17 season as that was his best season and Bouye was right there as well.  He isn't the same player as he was.  He is still a good corner but not elite like he was and his play has declined a bit each year.  We got 2 1sts and a 4th and at the time the Rams knew they where going to have to give him a huge contract.   The Dolphins had to give up a 3rd, there is a reason why for the compensation difference

Not sure how you don't think Ramsey is still an elite corner. Guy is still a top 3 corner in the league right now.

(08-06-2023, 01:16 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 06:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's comical that you have no clue what you are talking about because I do think Ramsey was one of the best corners in the game for a few years.  I think he was the best corner in the league that 17 season as that was his best season and Bouye was right there as well.  He isn't the same player as he was.  He is still a good corner but not elite like he was and his play has declined a bit each year.  We got 2 1sts and a 4th and at the time the Rams knew they where going to have to give him a huge contract.   The Dolphins had to give up a 3rd, there is a reason why for the compensation difference

Not sure how you don't think Ramsey is still an elite corner. Guy is still a top 3 corner in the league right now.

The answer lies in his user ID.

(08-06-2023, 01:16 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 06:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's comical that you have no clue what you are talking about because I do think Ramsey was one of the best corners in the game for a few years.  I think he was the best corner in the league that 17 season as that was his best season and Bouye was right there as well.  He isn't the same player as he was.  He is still a good corner but not elite like he was and his play has declined a bit each year.  We got 2 1sts and a 4th and at the time the Rams knew they where going to have to give him a huge contract.   The Dolphins had to give up a 3rd, there is a reason why for the compensation difference

He's a top 3 corner yet all the Rams could get was a 3rd round pick?  Lol.  Sauce, Surtain, Slay, and Alexander are clearly guys better than Ramsey right now, just a few off the top of my head.  I'd take Campbell over Ramsey right now as well

(08-06-2023, 11:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 01:16 AM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Not sure how you don't think Ramsey is still an elite corner. Guy is still a top 3 corner in the league right now.
He's a top 3 corner yet all the Rams could get was a 3rd round pick?  Lol.  Sauce, Surtain, Slay, and Alexander are clearly guys better than Ramsey right now, just a few off the top of my head.  I'd take Campbell over Ramsey right now as well

Then you're obviously bias. We fleeced the Rams, so let's not make it seem like that is the normal compensation for a cornerback.

Ramsey is 28, so he is now out of his prime years and starting on the tail end. That's why they got a 3rd. It doesn't take away from how good of a player he still is.

The fact that you think Campbell is a better cornerback shows your bias even more. It's okay to dislike Ramsey because he was a nole, but at least be honest about it.

(08-06-2023, 12:33 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 11:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He's a top 3 corner yet all the Rams could get was a 3rd round pick?  Lol.  Sauce, Surtain, Slay, and Alexander are clearly guys better than Ramsey right now, just a few off the top of my head.  I'd take Campbell over Ramsey right now as well

Then you're obviously bias. We fleeced the Rams, so let's not make it seem like that is the normal compensation for a cornerback.

Ramsey is 28, so he is now out of his prime years and starting on the tail end. That's why they got a 3rd. It doesn't take away from how good of a player he still is.

The fact that you think Campbell is a better cornerback shows your bias even more. It's okay to dislike Ramsey because he was a nole, but at least be honest about it.

lol, absolutely.  A few here think that we got fleeced though. He is most def. out of his prime and part of the reason he isnt a top 5 corner anymore.  Hill and Adams were both 28 when they got traded and Chiefs got a 1st, 2nd, and 4th for Hill and the Packers got a 1st and 2nd for Adams.  It has nothing to do with Ramsey being a Nole, Smith was one of my favorite players and I have a bunch of Nole players that I have really liked over the years.  Derrick Brooks is one of my all time favorite defenders.  Why do Rams fans and most people online realize he is overrated?  You think its because hes a Nole?  At this point in there careers I absolutely think Campbell is the better corner.

(08-06-2023, 02:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 12:33 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Then you're obviously bias. We fleeced the Rams, so let's not make it seem like that is the normal compensation for a cornerback.

lol, absolutely.  A few here think that we got fleeced though. He is most def. out of his prime and part of the reason he isnt a top 5 corner anymore.  Hill and Adams were both 28 when they got traded and Chiefs got a 1st, 2nd, and 4th for Hill and the Packers got a 1st and 2nd for Adams.  It has nothing to do with Ramsey being a Nole, Smith was one of my favorite players and I have a bunch of Nole players that I have really liked over the years.  Derrick Brooks is one of my all time favorite defenders.  Why do Rams fans and most people online realize he is overrated?  You think its because hes a Nole?  At this point in there careers I absolutely think Campbell is the better corner.

Why are you comparing the trade value of WRs to CBs? Gilmore was traded for a 5th round pick.  Two years before that, Gilmore was traded for a 6th round pick. The kind of compensation we got from the Rams isn't normal at all for a CB. We absolutely fleeced them. But we did jack [BLEEP] with the picks, so we ultimately lost the deal.

But thinking that Ramsey is overrated is crazy. I also have a hard time believing that the majority of the Rams fan base thinks he is overrated as you claim. No, Campbell is NOT a better corner right now. Would I rather have Campbell for the future? Sure, because Ramsey is now 28 and will be starting his decline and Campbell is still young. But Ramsey is still a top 3-5 corner and I would have absolutely been fine with us trading a 3rd to get him back here.

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2023, 03:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(08-06-2023, 02:35 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 02:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: lol, absolutely.  A few here think that we got fleeced though. He is most def. out of his prime and part of the reason he isnt a top 5 corner anymore.  Hill and Adams were both 28 when they got traded and Chiefs got a 1st, 2nd, and 4th for Hill and the Packers got a 1st and 2nd for Adams.  It has nothing to do with Ramsey being a Nole, Smith was one of my favorite players and I have a bunch of Nole players that I have really liked over the years.  Derrick Brooks is one of my all time favorite defenders.  Why do Rams fans and most people online realize he is overrated?  You think its because hes a Nole?  At this point in there careers I absolutely think Campbell is the better corner.

Why are you comparing the trade value of WRs to CBs? Gilmore was traded for a 5th round pick.  Two years before that, Gilmore was traded for a 6th round pick. The kind of compensation we got from the Rams isn't normal at all for a CB. We absolutely fleeced them. But we did jack [BLEEP] with the picks, so we ultimately lost the deal.

But thinking that Ramsey is overrated is crazy. I also have a hard time believing that the majority of the Rams fan base thinks he is overrated as you claim. No, Campbell is NOT a better corner right now. Would I rather have Campbell for the future? Sure, because Ramsey is now 28 and will be starting his decline and Campbell is still young. But Ramsey is still a top 3-5 corner and I would have absolutely been fine with us trading a 3rd to get him back here.

You originally said we fleeced the Rams and now you back track and say we lost the trade?  Lolololol.  Its one or the other.  We def. won the trade, we got 2 1sts and a 4th.  We had a [BLEEP] GM and that didnt know how to draft that didnt know what to do with those picks.  We traded Ramsey for the picks not the players.  Most of the Rams fans absolutely know he is overrated.  I posted the link on the Rams board a while back on the thread about him getting traded and very few were upset about the traded and a bunch of posters were posting about him getting burned numerous times and talking about him being overrated.  But yes, I think Campbell is better than Ramsey right now and for the future.  Its funny how a couple post ago Ramsey was out of his prime and on the decline but now he will be starting his decline.  I dont think you know where he stands right now by your posts and you keep contradicting yourself and seem confused.  Multiple people know it. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1004...utive-says