Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(08-09-2023, 11:24 AM)RicoTx Wrote: I’m so [BLEEP] sick of this [BLEEP].  And there’s no end in sight.  And I have to work in this crap three days a week.  I’ve never drunk so much water in my life.

[Image: IMG-1807.png]

I couldn't imagine working as a roofer in this weather. Do they just take summer off?

I used to paint houses, and we'd have to close up shop by noon every day (and this was in OH) because the heat was too much. At least on the side of a house you could occasionally get shade from a nearby tree.

I recommend doing a lot of projects at the 19th hole.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2023, 09:02 PM by Jags.)

Idk how roofers and construction workers do it. I really don’t. And those that crawl into the attics to install cable/satellite or internet. Those two professions have it the worse

Side note: never knew a divorce was so pleasurable. Day one in my new house and just as lonely as before…yet I’m cheesing like a little school girl that saw her crush. Happiness awaits!

(08-11-2023, 08:58 PM)Jags Wrote: Idk how roofers and construction workers do it.  I really don’t. And those that crawl into the attics to install cable/satellite or internet.  Those two professions have it the worse

Side note: never knew a divorce was so pleasurable.  Day one in my new house and just as lonely as before…yet I’m cheesing like a little school girl that saw her crush.  Happiness awaits!

Good to see you back. Sorry, or congratulations, on your social distancing situation. Hopefully you came out of it in one piece, or most of a piece. 

And look at you, got it all tied up before the next season began. You're the Jaguars fan we all aspire to be.

EXCLUSIVE - Final moments of tragic K2 porter left to die as mountaineers stepped around him are revealed: Only two climbers tried to help father-of-three as he lay dying for two hours on his first expedition | Daily Mail Online

The fact of the matter is going into this situation there is an understanding that if a person becomes injured or incapacitated in the death zone, they've pretty much signed their own death warrant. Added to this event is also the fact the porter was warned by several others that his gear was not suitable for this climb, yet he continued on. 

Look up Mt. Everest Rainbow Valley. It's called that from the various colors of clothing on the abandoned bodies surrounding the last 3000 feet before the summit. At those elevations, it's nearly impossible to retrieve fallen climbers without significant risk to those who attempt it.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2023, 11:05 AM by The Drifter. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Image not showing through original link )

Still recovering at Frederick Health and Rehabilitation. The hip replacement surgery I had on 7/15 is like 98% healed, just a little numbness around the area with the incision was made. The took the staples out that were holding me together yesterday. The main reason I'm still here is because I have a real stubborn infection in my right foot. Started about 2 1/2 weeks ago and we've been pumping me full of antibiotics since. The foot is slightly swollen, red, and tender to the touch yet but doesn't seem to cause me any trouble while walking so..... my distance that I'm able to walk is not as great as it once was but, I guess that's part of aging. Someone once told me a long time ago that getting old was not for [BLEEP], I've been finding out just what he meant the last 4 years or so...... LOL.....Anyway, here's a selfie the I took while I was out in the courtyard/garden. I like spending quiet time out there to clear my head, get some fresh air, and just think. It does me a lot of good as there is not much to do around here. Anyway, that's the latest from my end of things....... Hope everyone who reads this post is doing well.......

https://yourimageshare.com/ib/3H7rkQ4JNh
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(08-12-2023, 09:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: EXCLUSIVE - Final moments of tragic K2 porter left to die as mountaineers stepped around him are revealed: Only two climbers tried to help father-of-three as he lay dying for two hours on his first expedition | Daily Mail Online

The fact of the matter is going into this situation there is an understanding that if a person becomes injured or incapacitated in the death zone, they've pretty much signed their own death warrant. Added to this event is also the fact the porter was warned by several others that his gear was not suitable for this climb, yet he continued on. 

Look up Mt. Everest Rainbow Valley. It's called that from the various colors of clothing on the abandoned bodies surrounding the last 3000 feet before the summit. At those elevations, it's nearly impossible to retrieve fallen climbers without significant risk to those who attempt it.

Yep. Sad for his family but it is what it is.

(08-13-2023, 10:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...57760?s=20

That got a little awkward…
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2023, 09:18 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-11-2023, 09:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 08:58 PM)Jags Wrote: Idk how roofers and construction workers do it.  I really don’t. And those that crawl into the attics to install cable/satellite or internet.  Those two professions have it the worse

Side note: never knew a divorce was so pleasurable.  Day one in my new house and just as lonely as before…yet I’m cheesing like a little school girl that saw her crush.  Happiness awaits!

Good to see you back. Sorry, or congratulations, on your social distancing situation. Hopefully you came out of it in one piece, or most of a piece. 

And look at you, got it all tied up before the next season began. You're the Jaguars fan we all aspire to be.

Thanks man!  “Sorry”’or “congrats” neither in order.  I just couldn’t do it anymore.  2 days in this house or so, it’s like a switch flipped in me.  I’m the happy social man I used to be.  She’s hurt.  I care for her, but don’t love her.  So it’s in between.  

And yes! I’ll be getting dish switched over Saturday! I missed the first preseason game.  Did check out the highlights and read up on the game thread.  

I trimmed my beard and kept the long hair and was told by of my employees I looked like
A rock star. Well… let’s just say I’m going to be okay!   I do wish for my ex’s happiness and that we can keep our daughter at the center.  i also pray for her each night since she is still hurting    But it was the right thing to do.  And no I don’t have one lined up.  It’s been a very humbling experience trying to furnish an entire house. And I needed that.  Yet, I’m happy and no longer an [BLEEP]. Hopefully, the ex will find happiness and realize this was for the good and our daughter does as well

Ah Yes, someone I didn't know started giving me [BLEEP] on messenger, me, being the thoughtful person I am just replied: I hope when you get home tonight that your mother runs out from under the porch and bites you in the [BLEEP] [BLEEP].......... I wonder how long it will take him to realize I just called him a Son Of A [BLEEP]...........
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

When your central air conditioner takes a dump in the middle of the current heat wave. Thankfully it didn't happen until later in the day but it's already 80° and rising at 11pm. Tomorrow we're under a heat advisory. Hell, it was 102° on our porch in the shade today.

Thank God we have a window unit in our bedroom or we'd be at a hotel or my parents' house tonight. We also have an HVAC guy in our church whose family has been the only ones to ever work on this thing and can come tomorrow. He thinks it's a bad capacitor or a bad compressor.

First thing in the morning I'm going to get another window unit from my parents to stick in our living room window. Not sure when our guy is coming and if it's already 80° in here with the sun down I don't want to know what it'll be tomorrow with blazing sun and heat.

The old joke was "Why are divorces so expensive?" Because they are WORTH IT

In some cases, it can be true.

Hope you come through things well.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2023, 09:47 AM by RicoTx. Edited 2 times in total.)

Hey, a cold front.  I'd better get my jacket out.  Although Thursday and Friday look lovely.

[Image: Temps.jpg]
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

THANK SWEET BABY JESUS FOR AIR CONDITIONING!!!!

I got the window AC into the living room window and cranked it up. Our HVAC guy came later and replaced the capacitor and now both are working to cool this place down. Today is supposed to be the hottest day here so far this summer. 100° and real feel of 112°.

So very thankful for our HVAC guy and the easy fix. He also showed me how to clean the fins on the heat pump to help with circulation, heat disbursement, etc. Ours was nasty. He said the last time he did it was right before me and hubby got married in 2012.

(08-14-2023, 01:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: THANK SWEET BABY JESUS FOR AIR CONDITIONING!!!!

I got the window AC into the living room window and cranked it up. Our HVAC guy came later and replaced the capacitor and now both are working to cool this place down. Today is supposed to be the hottest day here so far this summer. 100° and real feel of 112°.

So very thankful for our HVAC guy and the easy fix. He also showed me how to clean the fins on the heat pump to help with circulation, heat disbursement, etc. Ours was nasty. He said the last time he did it was right before me and hubby got married in 2012.

Kick start caps are a common fail item on air conditioners. So common, they are not covered under warranty. Mainly because repairmen can charge exorbitant prices to replace them in minutes with a part that costs $20. It sucks but that’s the way it is.

(08-14-2023, 01:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: THANK SWEET BABY JESUS FOR AIR CONDITIONING!!!!

I have gotten to the point to where I go outside to do whatever chores/tasks at 7:00 or so.  Usually by 10:30 or 11:00 I'm done and ringing out my shirt from all of the sweat.  Take a shower, put on fresh clothes and maybe by 4:00 in the afternoon I'll go let the goats out and "babysit" them for a while (in the shade).

I am so tired of drinking bottled water and Gatorade all day.  That's just the way it is in Florida I guess.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-14-2023, 01:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Kick start caps are a common fail item on air conditioners. So common, they are not covered under warranty. Mainly because repairmen can charge exorbitant prices to replace them in minutes with a part that costs $20. It sucks but that’s the way it is.

Thankfully we only have to pay for the part. Any time him or his dad work on this thing they either don't charge us anything or only charge us for parts. The perks of me and hubby knowing them almost our whole lives and our families knowing them through church for 50 years.

(08-14-2023, 03:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

I have gotten to the point to where I go outside to do whatever chores/tasks at 7:00 or so.  Usually by 10:30 or 11:00 I'm done and ringing out my shirt from all of the sweat.  Take a shower, put on fresh clothes and maybe by 4:00 in the afternoon I'll go let the goats out and "babysit" them for a while (in the shade).

I am so tired of drinking bottled water and Gatorade all day.  That's just the way it is in Florida I guess.

Take care out there dude!! 

I know you do a lot outside and thought of you Saturday when we fired up the chainsaw and cut down a few trees in our yard. We got started later than I wanted but got 3 trees down, limbed and cut into logs with the limbs going to a burn pile. The rest will have to wait. I had to stop around 1pm. I started feeling nauseous and knew I was headed towards heat exhaustion or heat stroke if I didn't stop. 

Hubby finished things up while I came in and took a legit cold shower. Stayed in there a long time then laid down on the floor in front of a box fan to cool down even more. It took awhile. I got heat stroke in 2011 and haven't been able to tolerate heat like I could before that happened. It sucks. Especially this summer. Today I started feeling it come on me again while putting the window unit in. If I overheat it takes two or three days to recover, depending on how bad it was, so I know to stay inside. But inside was going to get ugly if I didn't get the AC in the window. Thankfully it all worked out fairly quickly so I didn't get sick. 

A storm is coming through and hopefully cools things off. This El Niño BS is ridiculous.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2023, 03:27 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Our AC went out, some years ago. We had to wait a month for the new unit to come in and to be installed. In the meantime, my wife and I went out and purchased a couple of winodow units to help keep the house cool. They worked ok at first, but one night, my wife was toying with one of the window units and it fell completely out of the window and hit the concrete below. There were pieces of plastic everywhere, the metal fins in the back got all pushed in and messed up.. I went outside, cleaned up the mess, brought it back inside and plugged it back in to see if it still worked. That damn thing worked better after it fell and hit the concrete.. Told my wife to take a baseball bat to the others lol..

Swing away, baby!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Man, it’s hot. My AC cycles off for about 10 minutes and then begins chugging away again.