Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let's Talk About- Political Edition

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2023, 05:06 PM by Lucky2Last.)

(09-04-2023, 08:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 05:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/statu...9UAcQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

And yet, somehow, we live so much better today than we did then.  There are many things we have today, whose cost cannot be compared to 1930, because they didn't exist.  Televisions, air conditioning, mobile phones, internet access, paved roads, the list goes on and on.  

And the things he did compare cost-wise are far better products today than they were in 1930.  Cars and houses are so much better today there isn't any comparison in terms of quality.  No one wants to buy a 1930s style car or house.  So he's comparing apples and oranges.  

He's just another millennial complaining about how tough life is.  "We're in a silent depression. What went wrong?"  Ridiculous.

And thus we have the problem with moderates in a nutshell. There are advances in safety nets in the US, certainly, but the most comfortable among the upper middle to middle high class are not feeling the heat yet. You will, though. 

Nobody wants to buy a 1930's car, lol. Great argument, pal.

(09-04-2023, 01:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 12:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/...H1VYw&s=19

Whenever the Democrats take power there is a lurch to the left for another cause. This latest lurch has been to decouple parental rights, sexualize children and mutilate them in the name of “gender affirming care”. It scares me to see what their next heave will be.

But you can't call them groomers or you're a conspiracy theorist. Just another abuse of language for power (which our "educated" moderates still don't care to admit is intentional).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2023, 06:09 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-04-2023, 02:10 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 01:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Whenever the Democrats take power there is a lurch to the left for another cause. This latest lurch has been to decouple parental rights, sexualize children and mutilate them in the name of “gender affirming care”. It scares me to see what their next heave will be.

I'd like to know what percentage of the mainstream Democrat voters actually approve of the Party's movement in this direction, as a stand-alone question.

Not many, but they won't speak out. Mainly because the left stick together. Regardless of party path, maintaining an image of unanimity is of supreme importance. But also because of retribution. The Chinese developed a social credit system to keep the masses in check. Today's social and mainstream media essentially does the same thing. Upvote a social media post that doesn't toe the party line? You're punished, even going so far as to endanger livelihoods. 

Look at Bill Maher. Some on the left have already called for him to be cancelled because he dares to challenge the party line and some even went so far as to claim he was a tool of the right. Bill Maher!

Joe Rogan was threatened as well. And we all know how much they loathe Elon Musk because he interfered with their social credit system. 

The left loves to quote Martin Niemöller while at the same time do not speak out about the take downs of the moderates in their party who have the gall to preach moderation, free speech and disagreement with a party extreme.

(09-04-2023, 05:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 02:10 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I'd like to know what percentage of the mainstream Democrat voters actually approve of the Party's movement in this direction, as a stand-alone question.

Not many, but they won't speak out. Mainly because the left stick together. Regardless of party path, maintaining an image of unanimity is of supreme importance. But also because of retribution. The Chinese developed a social credit system to keep the masses in check. Today's social and mainstream media essentially does the same thing. Upvote a social media post that doesn't toe the party line? You're punished, even going so far as to endanger livelihoods. 

Look at Bill Maher. Some on the left have already called for him to be cancelled because he dares to challenge the party line and some even went so far as to claim he was a tool of the right. Bill Maher!

Joe Rogan was threatened as well. And we all know how much they loathe Elon Musk because he interfered with their social credit system. 

The left loves to quote Martin Niemöller while at the same time do not speak out about the take downs of the moderates in their party who have the gall to preach moderation, free speech and disagreement with a party extreme.

Meh.  
The Chinese are jealous of our TransUnion and Equifax systems.  Most countries are.  Yes, the Chinese are going to abuse their social credit system for partisan political ends, just like they abuse every other aspect of their society for partisan political ends.  But you have to remember how far behind most of China still is, and how much mass surveillance we've lived with our entire lives, before you start trying to shame the Chinese for some of the more normal things they're developing.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

She's a school counselor, don't argue. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/oTz5_zwexGI?s...obbwJyf-AJ

(09-04-2023, 08:54 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 05:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/statu...9UAcQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

And yet, somehow, we live so much better today than we did then.  There are many things we have today, whose cost cannot be compared to 1930, because they didn't exist.  Televisions, air conditioning, mobile phones, internet access, paved roads, the list goes on and on.  

And the things he did compare cost-wise are far better products today than they were in 1930.  Cars and houses are so much better today there isn't any comparison in terms of quality.  No one wants to buy a 1930s style car or house.  So he's comparing apples and oranges.  

He's just another millennial complaining about how tough life is.  "We're in a silent depression. What went wrong?"  Ridiculous.

I'd be happy to pay new sticker price for a decent used Auburn Boattail or Packard 12.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-04-2023, 02:10 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 01:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Whenever the Democrats take power there is a lurch to the left for another cause. This latest lurch has been to decouple parental rights, sexualize children and mutilate them in the name of “gender affirming care”. It scares me to see what their next heave will be.

I'd like to know what percentage of the mainstream Democrat voters actually approve of the Party's movement in this direction, as a stand-alone question.

All of my in-laws and extended in-laws are Democrats and none of them approve of it but they will not vote any other way. Except my FIL did say he doesn't know who he's voting for these next elections but it won't be democrat. I'm not sure what tripped his trigger but it must have been serious for him to make that decision.

(09-04-2023, 10:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-04-2023, 02:10 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I'd like to know what percentage of the mainstream Democrat voters actually approve of the Party's movement in this direction, as a stand-alone question.

All of my in-laws and extended in-laws are Democrats and none of them approve of it but they will not vote any other way. Except my FIL did say he doesn't know who he's voting for these next elections but it won't be democrat. I'm not sure what tripped his trigger but it must have been serious for him to make that decision.

They'll ride it into the ground. But the thing is, they don't have to change their vote, just speak up and voice how unacceptable it is. Party unity and fear of how their own will judge, or persecute, them prevents most dissention.

(09-04-2023, 10:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

If Mike Pence or Nikki Haley were nominated for the GOP, I think they'd appeal to at least some moderate Democrats and independents over Biden. I think the progressive wing on the left is losing some influence. I think the MAGA Republicans are staying pretty dedicated to their candidate but they have much less of a margin for error. Personally would love to see some viable third party candidates but it's just not going to happen with our system.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I would be all for Nikki Haley if I thought she could do anything to curb the power of our elites. The real problem in this country is that we, the people, are an afterthought. I think we could field a nice, moderate candidate, but I really think that just pacifies us why the rich and powerful continue to do what they do.

(09-06-2023, 03:45 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I would be all for Nikki Haley if I thought she could do anything to curb the power of our elites. The real problem in this country is that we, the people, are an afterthought. I think we could field a nice, moderate candidate, but I really think that just pacifies us why the rich and powerful continue to do what they do.

Don't you think that any presidential candidate we could conceivably get nominated left, right, or center (even in a miraculous 3rd party with a foothold) would be equally ineffective against "the elites?" 

I'm asking without malice, BTW. Curious what you'd like to see. 

I know you think an effective POTUS would have to be some sort of rogue outsider willing to go against the grain, but if we are so under the thumb of the most powerful, what could anyone actually get done? 

Trump tried and failed to go outside the box. (never mind any disagreements we have about his real intentions and methods - he couldn't meaningfully forward his agenda at all beyond a few SC appointments) 

So what would the perfect candidate for a voter like you be, and why would they have power to move against the elite grain moreso than any other candidate?

(09-06-2023, 03:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-06-2023, 03:45 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I would be all for Nikki Haley if I thought she could do anything to curb the power of our elites. The real problem in this country is that we, the people, are an afterthought. I think we could field a nice, moderate candidate, but I really think that just pacifies us why the rich and powerful continue to do what they do.

Don't you think that any presidential candidate we could conceivably get nominated left, right, or center (even in a miraculous 3rd party with a foothold) would be equally ineffective against "the elites?" 

I know you think an effective POTUS would have to be some sort of rogue outsider willing to go against the grain, but if we are so under the thumb of the most powerful, what could anyone actually get done? 

Trump tried and failed to go outside the box. (never mind any disagreements we have about his real intentions and methods - he couldn't meaningfully forward his agenda at all beyond a few SC appointments) 

So what would the perfect candidate for a voter like you be, and why would they have power to move against the elite grain moreso than any other candidate?

That's why all this is worthless, the fight is over and America was lost.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-06-2023, 04:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-06-2023, 03:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Don't you think that any presidential candidate we could conceivably get nominated left, right, or center (even in a miraculous 3rd party with a foothold) would be equally ineffective against "the elites?" 

That's why all this is worthless, the fight is over and America was lost.

Elites rule Russia, China, and the US.  The advantage we have over Russia and China is our elites are accountable to elections.  We get to pick the next one.  Even if we don't like any of them, we get to punish the worst ones by picking the slightly better ones.  

Even when I present it cynically like that, the vote is still a precious resource that helps sustain the better things we have going in the US.  We have to fight to keep the vote, and that fight will never end.  That means voting, demanding that we get to keep voting, and demanding that even our fellow citizens whose views offend us get to keep voting.

Please join the actual fight.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2023, 06:16 PM by Lucky2Last.)

(09-06-2023, 03:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I mean, this is the rub, right? We have a problem on our hands, because our elites have WAY too much power. I don't think we're getting that genie back in the bottle. It would literally take a giant populist movement to do it. We need a candidate like Trump, only in that they would be willing to attack and dismantle the establishment, but unlike Trump in that they weren't so easily manipulated, goal oriented, and competent. That's a big ask. Not only that (and arguably more importantly), but we also need a populace that doesn't pay attention to what the media is saying about the candidate, because they WILL be branded crazy, or incompetent, or radical. That's another big ask. 

I can't make the candidate, but I am trying to beat the drum for the populist movement that is aware enough and hungry enough to ignore party rhetoric, political demagoguery, and national propaganda in the form of our news media. Until we have a populace willing to do that, we can't get the candidate that can begin actually working for the people. You want to see the establishment lose their [BLEEP]? Do that while simultaneously voting in hundreds of like minded people into the congress and senate. 

Most people feel it, but we lack any kind of unity and purpose. Mikey isn't wrong. We can vote them out. We just can't do it with what they are putting in front of us.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2023, 05:07 AM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ol' boy is trolling the left and they're tied in knots now. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trans-teac...-classroom

A Canadian trans teacher who became infamous for wearing massive prosthetic Z-cup breasts to class was photographed arriving to school dressed as a man.

Kayla Lemieux has claimed to be suffering from a condition called "gigantomastia," which is a "rare condition" during which one's breasts "become excessively large," according to the Cleveland Clinic. But when Lemieux arrived to Nora Frances Henderson Secondary School in Hamilton, Ontario, for a planning day before students arrive on Tuesday, the teacher was dressed as a man and ditched the massive breasts...

The Post reported that parents from Oakville-Trafalgar High School in Canada, where Lemieux made national headlines for donning the prosthetics, were left "gobsmacked" by the teacher’s new look.

"Parents are now just supposed to accept Lemieux is a male and their kids’ teacher is either a deranged liar or mentally unstable? It is infuriating. We had a year of complete chaos," Celina Close, a parent at Lemieux’s previous school, told the Post.

"We were told Lemieux’s breasts were real and we couldn’t question Lemieux’s gender," Close continued. "But now we see Lemieux is actually male and the breasts were never real."...

Lol. Dear gawd. You can't make this stuff up.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2023, 08:20 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

While we argue amongst ourselves in this country, China is in danger of economic collapse, which could cause all sorts of problems for the US and the world, both economic and military.

My uncle was in grade school in 1933 and his teacher asked the students to clip out important articles from the newspaper and bring them in for discussion.  When he presented his article, the teacher told him he should bring in something more important.  What he had clipped out was a small article, not on the front page, whose headline was "Hitler Elected Chancellor of Germany." 

We ignore things that turn out to be extremely important.  What's happening in China could be one of those things.  Far more important than any culture wars.

7 Signs China's Economy Is Headed For Collapse | Seeking Alpha

(09-07-2023, 08:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: While we argue amongst ourselves in this country, China is in danger of economic collapse, which could cause all sorts of problems for the US and the world, both economic and military.

My uncle was in grade school in 1933 and his teacher asked the students to clip out important articles from the newspaper and bring them in for discussion.  When he presented his article, the teacher told him he should bring in something more important.  What he had clipped out was a small article, not on the front page, whose headline was "Hitler Elected Chancellor of Germany." 

We ignore things that turn out to be extremely important.  What's happening in China could be one of those things.  Far more important than any culture wars.

Better check the date on that article, Marty.

Peter Zeihan has been predicting a Chinese economic fall for years and it hasn’t happened yet. While not in a good place now, they’ve done a pretty good job of keeping their economy propped up.

(09-07-2023, 08:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: While we argue amongst ourselves in this country, China is in danger of economic collapse, which could cause all sorts of problems for the US and the world, both economic and military.

What is the point you're trying to make?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-07-2023, 08:58 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

What is the point you're trying to make?

While this is a dated article and I’m not speaking for Marty, the fact of the matter is China in tightly intertwined with the world’s economy. A collapse would cause acute production shortages of materials and goods across the consumer and industrial spectrum.  Subsequently, this would cause collapse and severe downturns in economies around the world. 

Globally, countries large and small have handed China the means to sustaining their own economies.

Huh. It's almost like it would be wise to bring jobs back to America.

(09-07-2023, 08:49 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Better check the date on that article, Marty.

Peter Zeihan has been predicting a Chinese economic fall for years and it hasn’t happened yet. While not in a good place now, they’ve done a pretty good job of keeping their economy propped up.

Oops.  Well, that's kind of embarrassing.

I was looking for an article to illustrate what I am saying, and I found numerous articles on the subject, all behind pay walls.  So I grabbed that one without seeing the date on it.  

Here's a more recent one. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/202...pse-growth